Private planets

I know private planets promised. As i see some planet getting claimed up and reserved. Still leaves plenty of room on other planets. Still think private planets might be a good option for some players or groups to invest into. For those not promised a private planet. I think $5 per month or equiv gleam club sub is fine. Perk of getting priv planet? Main thing. Cheaper plots. Get 5x more on priv? Option to convert normal plots over to priv planet plots? Priv plots are separate from normal plot count. players coming to a priv planet that has been given buld access can get gen priv plot pool or just use normal plots on these planets. Planets that are not continued to be rented not delete just go inactive! Also be restarted. So some cases just end up locked for time. We can work out handling of those mechanics in detail later. But for now i think this is a good start out line for private planets idea. I would love to see them and be interest in getting one if price was right and offered plotting benefits.

Oh perhaps location might be important. Priv planets could be all accessible by a center residential planet. For portal wise!

The more I see the big guides on Adler plotting paths around the planet making it hard for everyone else to do what they want.starting to get over the stuff in the sky and pathways trying to join settlement and plotting just to build ridiculous pathways around the world…It’s ruining the experience of my own area…kinda starting to feel private planets could be a great idea.

6 Likes

Interesting perspective.

1 Like

Roads are really unnecessary in the game. You do not walk faster on them, your hud tells you the direction to settlements and portals and the capital. Now a bridge is faster than swimming across water but other than that, I am not sure why players would think there is any benefit to other players from building roads between settlements. I guess it generates footfall. But it does slice up the planet and they can affect other players that are building when the expand and hit a road which basically creates a barrier to their expansion.

4 Likes

Actually roads on Biitula allow me to travel faster… no holes…no swimming…and far less mobs…and if you are meteor hunting it does help at least it does for me.

4 Likes

I feel the same way. I’ve been looking at a lot of planets lately and this crossing of lines and other things just makes me feel sad. I was with a group for a hunt and they all felt the same. For me roads just make sense in a city and honestly no where else. If people wanted to help then maybe a bridge might make sense but for me bridges don’t cross whole lakes and only small gaps like on Beckon and a road doesn’t need to stretch out from that bridge in two directions. I guess I am old school and when I am in the wild (outside city) I want nature paths that aren’t plotted or controlled by people. I like kind of wandering through the wilderness and all of a sudden find a house out in the woods instead of like this road telling me it is there.

2 Likes

It’s a sandbox… one player’s trash is another player’s treasure and vice versa…

As James has said time and time again this is a sandbox mmo… as long as you remain within the TOS there are no limitations to How you play. What you do on your plots is your business…want to preserve that wilderness, then you better plot it.

On Biitula for example we at Axon are building a worldwide network of roads…many of which connect to some of the districts of Axon… roads in my opinion are great for traversing Biitula for many purposes…all of these roads are plotted either by us or our friends/allies…what is done on these plots are our business…but it is our intention that these roads are for the players! I have personally seen many players taking advantage of them.

Roads are slowly appearing on other worlds as some have pointed out… I take it as a sign of the growing of civilization on those worlds… if you are someone who prefers country living, move out further to the country or in the case of Boundless there are countless planets with virtually no major settlements… but IF you decide to go that route, Be sure to plot all you want to preserve because civilization could very well be knocking on your door in your new world tomorrow!

3 Likes

See I have a different take a road is limiting to a planet. If I am expanding my city and run in to road that is just there because someone or a group wanted to have roads between every city then I find that to be a barrier and not a positive. Roads can stop growth. If players do not want to merge with the road (assuming it is wide enough) and whatever settlements it connects to then they have to stay away from the road. If I have a settlement with a specific development goal in mind and hit a road that is running for maybe thousands of meters between two settlements then again, it is a barrier to growth. I would be careful or crisscrossing a planet with roads could just further encourage players to move off the public planets and go to private planets. As far as civilization knocking at my door, I would never describe a road as civilizing in this game when it has been used often as a way to force merge other players builds or to gain footfall.

All that being said, roads do not violate the TOS and as such not much that can be done about it. However it does encourage players to put up barriers to roads like plots across stretches of the planet so roads would have to meander around them. That also does not violate the TOS

4 Likes

You are right its a game but for me it’s kinda greifing lately…makes me feel if i dont go and plot what i want quickly I am going to get a road which I dont want near my base on Adler . And watch them plot not one path around the planet . Now branching off so there is just a ridiculous amount of pathways just so they can link the whole planet…for me it annoys me…I am not saying it’s wrong or right. I asked other big guilds in Adler and they all feel the same…It’s to much. But i guess they are buying plots so it really doesn’t matter how anyone else feels about it…I think its greifing for me…not saying it’s wrong for the game…just for me…

6 Likes

True! Can’t tell you how many times I have been sprinting in the dark and fell in holes and died. So frustrating. lol

2 Likes

Only downside I see is a 200 plot long road to nowhere for no reason in particular is hundreds less plants to spawn and harvest.

1 Like

It doesn’t have to be. They could make it a highway elevated off of the ground (like a ring around the entire planet), and so long as they don’t plot at ground level, they’re actually preserving prime, plant-growing space by preventing other from plotting there.

That’s how I’d do it if I was going to.

2 Likes

I feel the same personally. I know it’s not really against the rules to make roads, but it makes large creative builds very difficult, because a lot of space is already checkered with beacons, even 1 plots whether mining, hunt platforms, or just warp beacons for farming mats.

The worlds are getting a little tight, in my opinion. But I know what all those plotters are doing are in bounds of rules i think. :confused:

So it’s hard to find a spot you really like for a big build

4 Likes

I dont think it’s wrong or right. The people building them are not bad either. It’s definitely just a preference and it’s a subject not all will agree on…

2 Likes

Private planets = play the game exactly how you want to. This wouldn’t change the vanilla game much because no private world will have diamonds AND emeralds AND sapphires etc. all in one place. The main universe will always be where 99% of the action is.

2 Likes

On the topic of roads. simply makes traveling acrossed the world easier. Gathering yes roads take up gathering area, but also gets you across the land to gather a larger area quicker. yes more and more players are building roads on there planets they live on! Thats there building choice. There connecting the world up! Our own societies in the real world have done this. Now for those who not want to be connected has plot buffer. Also you not want to loose your precious name of your place. Congress theres guild aligning as well. i know that for the most part if there is a road by you and you want to expand in that direction? Seems to me there is likely a few elements in play. Could just build on both sides of road and use road! Or perhaps play is choosing to build in that direction and wants to make a fuss about it over building in the other open direction that i seen that be the case. How that now be different from someone building along someone vs vs you building outside a city and others now moving in around you. I personally had road built by me and others build building by my place when i was 1st on my little biitula island. Im fine with. I built a few roads to connect some bittula islands around me together. Seem many roads been built before people moved in the area. That roads continue to be build to get around easier. I run around on the road to grab up meteors easier. You take the one biitula road around the planet you get a good amount of meteors pops for some quick solo work! And one want to do a quick road run? No trophies but super easy oort!

1 Like

I see many downside reasons. Sometimes I will go around roads and things because I don’t agree… I get the need for civilization and feeling things are easy because you have a road to walk on… but I certainly want more wild areas and planets and things that feel natural. I fear that another 8 months and way too many planets will just be roads everywhere because people want footfall or are trying to connect little huts and stuff. This feels way too much like EA where people put roads everywhere in the wild.

This is like the next level of worse thing to deal with in my view… I’m just the type that likes to see the lovely sky uninterrupted.

3 Likes

How do roads affect meteors? Will the meteor just land somewhere else, or not spawn at all?

All plots affect meteors. So there will be less and less area to land.

I am not sure how reserved space works with them but I know a meteor will land a certain distance from a true plot. I am not sure if reserved will push it farther away.

2 Likes

That’s fair, this game is very much a case of ‘to each his own’, and having to accept the things other people build for what they are.

I personally think some of the major cities are utterly hideous, for example

3 Likes