Problem with snow

That u have snow coming inside as in the weather breeze snow effect with or without event the glass panels that let snow through

It does when u make a build and u use warm colors and u want to make it cozy have a fireplace going and then u stil have snow inside or fog …it makes me wanna go outside to look for polar bears…its something that prob gets better over time I have accepted the weather (water dripping) for a year now and if it really bugged me I could have modded the files and remove the weather as a whole

2 Likes

This is in basement storage fully covered gleam ceiling, yet the snow is on the shelves of the storage with no “real” way it could have gotten there.

4 Likes

At a technical level? Is there a block above this block and/or prop or character? If yes, it’s inside, if not, it’s outside.

There are already systems in place for this, they just need fine tuning.

Another quick one; glass blocks will seal a hole, but glass panes do not. Weather can creep in through glass panes, but not the sold block version.

2 Likes

Glass blocks chiseled in a “half slab” configuration also lets snow through but not liquid, it makes having a ceiling light without snow a bit harder.

Weather effect shouldn’t rhyme with annoyance, IMHO.
We shouldn’t have to press anything to get rid of weather effects, period.

I get why the ‘environmental effects’ en T4+ worlds should be annoying, and yet with just a few points in the environmental protection skills, they go un-noticed. Why not add something to do the same with all weather effects?

To me, either the weather effects should be re-worked to be less annoying, or we should have a machine to lower their impact.

I’ve already made a thread for a weather machine and suggested how to modify snow.

There are people who are legitimately annoyed by some weather effects, and it’s been said countless times that “press B to hide snow” is not enough.
There are solutions the devs can apply. Pick one.

7 Likes

Its also super-snow … even lava does not affect it!

9 Likes

Builder mode can be really annoying to look at depending where you are and what time of day it is. I agree, it’s not a solution in any sense of the word, nevermind the noticeable impact on FPS. There are in-game workarounds like people suggested, and I think that is cool - having the solution be in the game, simply modify your space for the season and there ya go. However even a small farm like mine would take hours to cover - so that I could see what I’m doing when tilling soil. Suggesting a temporary awning isn’t really fair once you take into consideration the factors here. I simply started digging some caverns and moving underground, it had me thinking, what if there were seasonal effects that sort of synced with the real world? That was kind of a neat idea, crops more scarce in winter and such… until I realized that everyone would just farm underground like I was. Well… maybe it would stop some of the massive flat immersion-breaking floating 1 block thick platforms all over the place =D

OP, I feel your pain man. It would be cool if we could turn off the ground texture changes from snow and stuff.

I wouldn’t mind weather if it wasnt so extreme ALL the time.

1 Like

Try living on Angel I… snows 365 days a year here… like I don’t need it to be snowing in the summer time :frowning:

1 Like

The game already knows correctly if there is something above another layer, the snow doesn’t fall on the ground there. If the area is also completely enclosed from the sides then it should not snow, nor rain, nor show fog, etc.

No clue as to how easy this is to add in but would surely be nice!

2 Likes

inside a complete closed room means a roof with 4 complete closed walls as example

Always the fog inside my Home takes my crazy, i know your feelings

glas pane let all snow through, yes… makes me crazy…

2 Likes

Glass blocks do this just fine, and if panes are now acting like blocks, I don’t see this being a huge problem to fix, but what do I know?

I’ll tag @james again anyway, and I’m unsure who deals with this exactly, but I’ll take a stab at @lucadeltodecso;

How it should look;

How it looks currently;

2 Likes

2 Likes

Glass panes used as a ceiling are useless against the super snow… shop has a fully covered glass pane ceiling with no holes yet every shop stand is basically useless to see what color the item is without turning builder mode on to hide the snow…

5 Likes

The real countdown… until the super snow goes away… :cold_face:

Annotation%202019-12-29%20135721

9 Likes

And I haven’t found the will the farm for more red candy canes yet because I’m still depressed by the quantity required. I’d have to go on 2 more group-snowball-hunts sessions to get enough to make one mass craft. :disappointed_relieved:

Between that and the Super snow, kinda want to hibernate for the next 4 days.

2 Likes

I solved this by oldschool way.

Double layered wall.

First layer trellis then glass block

2 Likes

thats the spirit :joy:

Ok i run around in build mode most of the time anyway. But i have to say snow and rain can be stopped with a full block or two “half slaps” making a full block (basically two blocks back to back chiseled on the outsides).
It seems when 1 block is chiseled to much it becomes “invisible” or in other words for the weather effects a air block.

1 Like