Project Permadeath -Brown Town edition

So @Spoodle, @dax8472 and I are participating in a guild permadeath project.

We have to build a self sufficient community away from the mass community.
We cannot use other people’s portals
We must gather and make everything we need
If we die, we die (the elder or longest living member of the group will oversea the burials)

We cannot buy or sell to other players outside of the permadeath community

We want to see how far we can get without the MMO aspect of the game.

So far, I dug a hole, called it home and made it look like a padded cell. Took two and half hours to make a stone slingbow and I quickly realised I know nothing about anything. We are twitch streaming the experience - Bethlehembethy if you wanna follow along (i’m trying my best to keep my poop mouth under control)

If you wanna join our permadeath community, drop me a line. Other than that, i encourage you to all go try the same thing. It definitely feels like a breath of fresh air from the usual Boundless stuff we do.

I will say this, It’s given me a sense of purpose other than the usual routine we have over at Brown Town. We are enjoying starting from scratch and doing stuff the hard way, makes me realise how much of a privileged noob I was back in the day.

(NOTE: I know this is not an original idea, just sharing our experience so far. Maybe those of you suffering from burnout might give it a go)

32 Likes

Most fun I’ve had in Boundless in a LONG time!

(I still have fun, but not as much as I had last night!)

8 Likes

Well this is exactly what Im talking about. The game is what you make it. Some times it takes a restart or a new approach to make things fun.

I will check out the stream and may join you. I have a few too many projects but I could make a new alt!

7 Likes

Hey, i have 7 million projects on the go. I treat this as a holiday from responsibility haha

4 Likes

Perfection!

2 Likes

Should probably have mentioned, we are all completely shadow red - our characters and underwear that is. I don’t want to use the word “cult” but… yeah. Cult.

7 Likes

This is cool, I once deleted my 10th alt and made a fresh one, and didn’t allow him to use anything or sell anything etc was pretty fun but after 2 weeks I remembered why I loved the mmo aspect and my guildees.

Are u doing this with fresh Alts also?

5 Likes

Yep - we created brand new guys for it :smiley:

Spoodella :wink:

3 Likes

Awesome where is this set up?
How many participants are you taking?

2 Likes

There’s just the three of us right now, but we’re on Gellis with our li’l base.

The more the merrier!

2 Likes

We are hoping we can form the basis of a ‘small self sufficient community’ Not to take away from the MMO because honestly, that’s a major redeeming quality of this game, it’s the community that makes it unique. We just wanna see how it would work if it didn’t exist. It helps that there’s a few of us so we aren’t completely alone. That way we can all do something different and maybe eventually have a little permadeath community economy, selling and buying amongst ourselves.

If you ever fancy it, please feel free to join us :slight_smile:

6 Likes

This sounds like how it was at release when there weren’t many players around lol.
I need to see if I can delete an alt for this.
The stream was nostalgic lol so many memories of being slow haha.

2 Likes

70% of the stream was me complaining about how tragic wooden tools are haha Also it felt really nostalgic, we spoke a lot about the old times haha

4 Likes

Man, I had so much fun. My only responsibilities were my stone furnace, my crafty table and the stone and wood hut surrounding them <3

1 Like

@james You want in on this? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I’m down, lemme know the full rules :grin:
Il try join tonight / tomorrow

3 Likes

We will be doing it tonight, probably start at around midnight (4 hours ish) but we plan on doing a little bit every night so just whenever you’re around. I’ll send you a message of rules etc. Welcome aboard haha

5 Likes

I can’t wait. Deleted an alt.

6 Likes

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Welcome aboard man of many faces.

3 Likes

Wow ive been away because of lost motivation for my own build. But this interests me. A simple life in game. Building with whats around you.

How can me and @Fuzzybear1919 join?

3 Likes