Prop Ideas

I think the string of lights would be neat.

Generally I’d like to add

• ropes

Chains. trellises.

Note Plates, kinda like note blocks in minecraft, as a way to play music.

Hmm… in the interest of innovation over imitation, I’d favor a more intuitive approach to writing and playing back notes in OO. For simplicity, let us write our own music discs in game that we can then plug into a jukebox (or OO equivalent). That way, complex or simple tunes can be achieved without taking up massive amounts of space or data.

1 Like

https://forum.oortonline.com/t/make-music/401

we are talking about props here, i would love an archeage style music, but for now i would just like something to derp around with.

1 Like

Tinkeling Oort Shards. Or gleam. A small gleam structure could have a less dense tinkle sound than a more complex one. And combined with different colors it could have different tinkel vibes.

Still I’d love to have humming gold blocks : /

A larger plant or flower which only opens at night. And when it opens, it reveals a small shining ball of light. Comparable to a pearl in a mussel. One could collect this tiny ball and use it for crafting, together with a rope -> christmas lights string.

1 Like

I’d like to have some kind of building topping thing…
This thing

Something like this or a animal or person you can put on top of guilds/buildings to give it a powerful feel when you see it.

3 Likes

What a cool photo! Would you like to tell me where this is?

btw. I’m absolutely in favor of the pillar idea…if one could craft a round pillar element and stack it up into a higher one it would be excellent for decorating builds. although i’m absolutely not sure if it would tear the graphic style of oort apart.

another suggestion would be

• curtains

although i’d prefer window shutters. this idea was mentioned before and it would be a cool element.

1 Like

I want a piece of cheese. and a doughnut. but mostly a piece of cheese.

I would actually greatly enjoy it if anything you could hold in your hand, you could put on the table. it’s realistic, and unlike minecraft you already have 3d models for all the items you can hold.

1 Like

I Agree with this, we need Mo’pig placeable guardian statues, kinda like lion statues

5 Likes

A working mailbox could be pretty handy in this huge connected world.
It could work just like any other Mailbox in an MMO (with some Oortshards as fee depending on how fast you want the mail delivered).

5 Likes

Think its quite a good idea to have scaleable price for time.

1 Like

Here are my ideas right of the bat…

1. How about having some type of mob creature with antlers, which they drop.
    Then have diffrent type of craftable anlter plates.
    One could start by creating a base for it (5 or 6 differnt types) and then apply one of 5 or 6 antler types to it.

2. Antler floor candle holders.

3. Paintings

4. Culdrun for cooking?

5. Craftable Topiary

6. Trophy Case
    Trophies:
    Legendery Antler mob, drops black antler or skull.
    Goblin Coin ?
    Some sort of crystal ?

7. rectangle flowerpots, with the abbility to grow both flowers (used for dying cloth - Seeds could come from long grass and/or random flowers in the wild). Also toamtos and other foods (used for cooking)

1 Like

I’d like to see some “War Trophy” props. If you take down a big baddie you can get some sort of prop like its head or a piece of it to decorate your “War Room” with.

3 Likes

Racks for storing weapons and tools visually with an ability to quick click items in and out. (Think tool racks from the Minecraft Mod Bibliocraft.)

Tiki Torch (2 block height torch), Boats, Analog and/or digital signal cables & single tile Logic circuits (See Minecraft mod Red Powered.)

Trigger devices like Switches, buttons, and pressure plates.

Various trap devices, spikes, clamps, launching pads.

How about flags and pennants for showing off your guild colours/crest or your own Oortian name symbol.

Rugs and other floor coverings.

Paintings and wall decorations.

Potted plants etc.

Just a few off the top of my head :wink:

3 Likes

Love this idea, the others in post are good as well.

A variety of potted and sculpted plant life would be nice to spruce things up. Rugs and wall decor items a must for personalizing your space beyond just block placement.

I would enjoy seeing herbs and general plant life that can be grown, found, and put to use. Would be a good resource as certain plants may only grow on certain worlds/regions.

To further the use of this, a mortar and pestle could be implemented. Or perhaps a general cooking area, taking up multiple blocks. I’d like to see the variety and depth of professions go far in this game.

Edit: Also to have a LARGE variety of how you can mame props like tables, benches, etc. By this i mean different types both in size (huge round table, 16 people - small table) and variety (sandstone -glass- detailed-wood-etc.)

1 Like

Food. I’m all for food. 100% food.

4 Likes