Proposed solution to issues around hunts and overlap issues

This is about people who want a chance to run their own hunts. So no if your wanting to run your own hunt it isn’t a good thing.

But I like @xyberviri am glad we have aired the beef as it were and are onto a productive conversation finally.

Again, not said nastily (as you’ve already stated it’s not you) … but surely it’s just (to quote) as selfish to want to take a slot that someone is already, readily, running as something that benefits the whole community, no?

I have to be honest … If I suddenly decided that I wanted to run my own hunt at 20:00 UTC, I don’t think I have any entitlement, nor any right to expect that I should just be able to jump in front of folks that are doing good things for a whole community.

All because I wanna do it and it’s not fair that I can’t (even though I might actually be able to since there’s lots of worlds, innit) … quite frankly, if I did that, I think people would look at me as the orange baby that my character is … and laugh at me … and the comparisons would start getting a lot worse from there out. :laughing:

If someone jumped on some of the institutions we have, like that, through what amounts to some loopholes (new or old) … I’m not sure I’d enjoy this game as much anymore.

4 Likes

I go to them on my off nights if im able to get online and prepare for hunting on higher tier planets.

But the problem is the sasquanch hunt starts 30 minutes before i get online, It also runs normally on a T5 or T6 planet, which requires me to use different equipment and a different skill sheet.

The hunts are a little more higher intensity than im always feeling like going along with… sort of like playing a sport recreationally vs playing a sport professionally

Then most of the time those hunts are a combination of running on land and porting; and i have been getting lazy lately and prefer platform speed hunts.

If i miss the hunt and there isnt anyone i know on it im pretty much out of luck.

This is the heart of the matter, one can not take something another does not own. No one owns any of those times.

I think we can all agree that Browntown pretty much owns 20:00UTC, But we also have to agree that they don’t technically own it.

everyone has the right to do what ever they want when ever they want. or better said, no one can tell anyone else they aren’t allowed to do something, except for the company that runs the game…

4 Likes

I agree with @xyberviri if there wasn’t this feeling of “we own this time” and people didn’t try to bully others into not having another hunt at the same time I don’t think it would be an issue. But sad fact is it happens and then people get put off by the game and quit. Can we really afford to push people away with an already tiny game population, I don’t think so but that is just me.

So I mean, if everyone could be chill and keep guild hunts guild hunts and let community hunts promote on the forums and we could keep these seperate with the understanding that overlaps are cool and no one is going to be get on anyone for overlapping then it could all be a mute point. Which would be great. Unfortunately, I am not sure if everyone can just let bygones be bygones and say ok it overlaps no big deal. Because apparently there are people who get testy about things overlapping.

This doesn’t make any sense to me. If the issue is being able to hunt at a time someone else has already been established running, why not join them? This sounds more like a power struggle post to me. More people = more loot for everyone, plus faster meteor completion.

2 Likes

So by that logic this hunt

Shouldn’t occur if the sasquatch hunt was also running today at that same time for regular meteors?

Because the sasquatch hunt would be bigger that player should have know better or worse we should tell that player that his hunt should not occur .

Note im not implying this im trying to understand the argument that two events aren’t allowed to occur at the same tike because one will be bigger

I only run 1 hunt a time anyway lol

3 Likes

Everyone keeps asking this question and we have answered it a dozen times in different ways.
if they want to run a hunt themselves then they don’t want to follow they want to lead plain and simple it is not the same thing and everyone knows that it isn’t the same thing.

Let me turn the tables and let me ask:
What is so wrong about someone else wanting to run a hunt rather than following on a hunt?
I love leading hunts which is why I worked my butt off to get a community hunt established hosted by our guild. Same reason others lead hunts.

I am not trying to start an argument I am just trying to understand why this is so hard to understand.

1 Like

Lol i know why i stated if there was a normal meteor hunt… maybe ran by a different member or some other hypothetical what it since were at that what if point of the thread.

2 Likes

But see, the funny thing is you’re literally the only one proposing others stop. I’m not saying you shouldn’t be able to run a hunt whenever you want, but you’re the one suggesting it needs policing.

Edit: Incase I’m appearing hostile here I’m not, I’m just sharing my honest opinions here. Please don’t misunderstand.

4 Likes

It might not be THE reason, but one reason can be footfall gain.
Leading a hunt makes people go to your place, see your things, walk around your place. And that brings in footfall, money. Often hunt lobbies have things for sale (weapons, healing things, revives, etc).

Again, I’m not saying this is why people want to run their own hunts, but it might be a factor.

4 Likes

No one is proposing anyone stop their hunts and no one is trying to police anything or anyone. We are trying to figure out a way to help everyone in the community and figure out how to let these smaller guys run hunts too that want to without anything being said to them other than Good Luck I wish your hunt well!. Rather than being made to feel like they shouldn’t even try to begin with. I know folks that have been asked questions like so what qualifies you to run a hunt? and that is unacceptable, if someone runs a hunt and they are bad at it no one will come. If they are good at it people will come again. The fact is anyone who wants to has the right to try and see if they fail or succeed without pushback or harassment from those that dont like it.

That’s it

I actually think it is a factor for everyone and I would say they are lying if they said otherwise. It may not be their main reason but it is still a factor in the thought process. We all work hard on our builds and want people to see them and gain some profit from the visit even if it is small

1 Like

But you are asking for guild hunts to be inclusive to themselves and not invite the community in your original post. I agree anyone should be able to run a hunt, whenever they want and invite whoever they want. I think sometype of in game solution should be made tho honestly. Devs should adopt something similar to LFG from World of War craft. Where people would know to check in game to find a group.

3 Likes

If community members want to join that is great, but we keep our guild hunts off the forums as not to compete with community hunts as a courtesy and respect to those running actual community hunts. I don’t think that is a hard ask, if the community knows it is going on and they want to go to that guild hunt instead that is fine. But these hunts shouldn’t get offended if others post a hunt for the community on the forums and discord that is running the same time as their guild hunt.

I personally feel like because there hasn’t been until recently so many people wanting to run hunts that guild hunts have kinda of become community hunts. But since that want is growing shouldn’t the community be happy about it and try to work with rather than against those wanting to start community hunts?

I don’t see a reason why the guild hunt is an issue tho. Nothing is stopping the community hunt. Why not give the community more options? As a member of the community myself, I would love to easily find ALL my options and choose from that. Your “courtesy” just sounds like policing to me. I’m sorry I don’t fully agree I guess. I like where your hearts at tho, I wanna see this community thrive too. Boundless is an exceptional game and everyone deserves to experience all that it has to offer.

2 Likes

It is not policing. Policing would me messaging others saying Why is your hunt right now because mine is now or What qualifies you to run a hunt like some in the community have experienced.

It is ok if you don’t agree that is totally fine, if we all thought the same the world would be boring. But I don’t think it is hard to understand what the issue is and that there is a problem here that as a community we should solve so that people don’t ditch the game because they feel like they are not welcome or can’t do what others do which is part of the game running community hunts.

At this point I am beginning to feel sorry that I brought this up on behalf of those that have come to me because they have social anxieties and feel like they are going to be attacked again like they have already.

I guess it may just be the way this is going to be in this community with some just being the way they are to new people wanting to run hunts. Which is sad but the further this feed goes the more it seems apparent that people aren’t understanding and or caring.

I don’t care for people who message and harass players like they can’t run community hunts themselves or being rude/mean for any other reason at that. I have always been for the underdog and I have always wanted people to be fair and courteous but it is what it is I guess.

I mean I absolutely agree, no one should be messaging and harassing each other. However 90% of my most successful hunts where in guild hunts and every single one of them was open to ANYONE joining them. So, this seems more like an issue of, these people wanna lead bigger hunts, but needs their competition to go away to make that happen, far more than people not having a hunt group to join.

Brown Town hunts are THE ONLY daily beginner-friendly hunt. Ask any new player :wink: We picked a time that was available, listened to the needs of the community (T3, regroup often, etc), and dedicated ourselves to making it happen ALMOST every day. I absolutely do not see why anyone would have a problem with it.

As a side note, footfall is not a thing we care about - if we did, we would have beaconed our hub a little better - the whole of BT is on like 5 or 6 beacons haha!

As for the whole ‘not doing it daily’ thing, I really don’t know why Beth would have to give up half of her days considering how hard she has worked to get her hunts as they are today.

Aside from that, IT’S JUST HIT CHRISTMAS DAY HERE!! HOPE YOU ALL HAVE AN AMAZING DAY!! WE LOVE YOU ALL

7 Likes

Also DO NOT HARASS BETH. Harass me :wink:

3 Likes