Protect your reserved space!

The reserved plots might be causing issues in cities or malls, but if you build out in the wild it’s a cool feature. 2 plots on all sides are automatically reserved for you for when you would like to make smaller changes to your build. A hostile player (or even a friendly player) cannot build right next to your build.

But, a hostile player can plot right next to your reserved area. And this is a huge problem. If you ever want to change the plotting, maybe because plots aren’t account wide, or to make room for a friend or an alt, you will loose the reserved area to your hostile neighbor, who is now blocking your extension and even able to build right up to you. This was the thing we wanted to prevent!

Here’s the solution:

Plot a protective circle around your build. City walls worked in the medieval age, why should they not work for us! Now you can replot freely within your city walls and the reserved are will just be unreserved. No hostile player would be able to have a beacon within your walls to steal your reserved plots.

Bonus point, you now have a reserved area of 7 plots!

I guess this is a gift for solo players that live far off away from everyone or new builds. For everyone in cities or that have shops in markets it’s :face_vomiting:

4 Likes

I’d say this update does not benefit most players, since this is an MMO, and most players are in a hub/market/mall/city/embassy/etc

3 Likes

And all of the advertisements encourage players to group together to create cities, communities, etc.

2 Likes

I enjoy the 2 plot buffer. Knowing people can’t settle right next to me without permission

2 Likes

It’s great if you don’t live/shop in an area with other players

1 Like

Hopefully they can keep the reserved plots, but make tweaks to the system to help city builders

4 Likes

I hope they can do something as well

2 Likes

What you dont take into acct is you can 4 plot beacons in a checker pattern with a small amount of plots and own a region. So good luck finding that perfect spot if the region is reserved or owned by 1 player.

3 Likes

It is only beacons over 10k prestige that get the buffer, correct? That at least makes the investment required to plot a giant region with this method quite high. But for sure 10k prestige per beacon has to be cheaper than the 24 additional plots that would be required for the same area. I should plot a huge area with beacons just as a proof of concept how this could be exploited

!0k prestige is easy to get anyone can do it

1 Like

Yes I did accidentally confirm that 10k prestige is required.

It’s going to be difficult/expensive to checkerboard single plots to create a large reservation area.

1 Like

I would need to look at what it takes to get 10k prestige in a single plot. You would need to do that many times to cover an area.

Not really you have 4 plots 10k per 4 each then add the buffer plots its no problem

Under the old prestige system I created some 10k market stall in 1x1x1 area with mostly decorative stone, using gleam and deco gem blocks for accent.

It’s not impossible or anything just a bit of work. with the new prestige system and rapidly decreasing “variety” bonus I’m not sure but you might just be able to block spam something mid level like deco stone and get the reservations.

1 Like

Exactly Im sure you will see this soon

1 Like

It will be interesting to see if the developers view this as a problem and exercise the moderator tools they have added or not.

It was well intended fix just bad foresight.

One map is 576 X 576 plots.
Each map has 50 regions.
Assuming equal, square regions that would be 6635 plots per region, or approximately an 81 X 82 plot area. With a 2 plot extension in every direction a single beacon can reserve a 5X5 plot area. Let’s take an 85x85 plot area for round numbers. That would require 289 beacons(17 beacons east-west and north-south) checkered across the landscape to take over 1 region. So the real question is what is harder – Gathering 10,000 prestige 289 times or gaining 6635 plots?

1 Like

And it may need tweaking. If we can think of a way to curtail what you have correctly stated is possible then we probably need to make a suggestion. I am drawing a blank right now.