Protect your reserved space!

I have well over 7k plots so yeah its doable but lets say you got 2 buddies or maybe a whole guild you could basically own a planet/region is all im saying.

I remember @James mentioning the bad things players could do with buffer zones, and it kinda feels like this is one of them, though. I don’t think this is what the devs had in mind when designing the buffer zone system.
Might be wrong, though.

1 Like

A simple fix is to disable buffer IF the number of chunks being reserved would be greater than the total number of plots in the beacon.

So like in the checkered pattern scenario, 1 plot is being used but 24 would be reserved. That could trigger it to disable the buffer.

It would also effect roads, and possibly tall slender towers.

1 Like

use 80 machined iron blocks = 10k+
ya I have 10 full stacks of machined iron blocks look out world

2 Likes

Ok well lets say another player happens to be in the mix because he just happened to be in the way now he has no protection at all.So simple fix is remove the mechanic and let a REAL person GM in game handle territorial disputes.

1 Like

Selling beacons - 1600 in stock.

3 Likes

LOl at both of you .

1 Like

I think buffer zone is good idea, it just needs some adjustments such as 10k prestige meet would only be for home beacon and for other beacons it would ignore these plot spaghetti cases with some formula where plot count is taken into account.

333 blocks of native color deco rock.

so 11 times 25 plots (275 plots) per stack approximately. with the 39 stacks sitting here it’s roughly enough to reserve 10725 plot columns (including the beaconed plots).

2 Likes

I imagine someone just rubbing their hands together with a evil look on their face whispering…mine all MINE!!!

2 Likes

The problem is that the reserved space immediately changes owner. This must be fixed.

And it shouldn’t switch to the oldest remaining neighbor plot.

This is my reserved space. Replotting must not forfait this! This can only be freed when I abandon my plots for good.

A working implementation wood look like this:

• When you unplot, the unplotted plot becomes reserved.
  • This plot and all the reserved plots stay reserved for 1 hour
  • You decide who can plot there
  • If you, or someone you allowed, plots one if these plots within an hour, the reserved plots stay as if they were plotted at the time the unplotted plot was plotted.

All problems solved.

3 Likes

I’m sorry! I can’t help my self! Forgive me!!!

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck
If a woodchuck could chuck wood?
He would chuck, he would, as much as he could,
And chuck as much as a woodchuck would
If a woodchuck could chuck wood.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program

7 Likes

it was worth a chuckle

2 Likes
2 Likes

OR
How many Plots could a plotter plot plot if a plotters plot hit my plot? lol

2 Likes

That be me

2 Likes

I would imagine this isn’t going to be a common problem, and would probably be addressed by the devs if it did ever happen. Can’t say for sure though, can’t really see how it breaks any rules other than being a little greedy!

before you complained, that people joined your settlements without permission and with that they could manipulate the name of the city and the first place of the settlement, they have created many problems with these situations, I know of someone who will be happy with this update, but not everyone will agree, because the fault of this is of those who have complained so much, then, because now you complain that you do not want it ??? Is it just for complaining or is it really a problem? I think it is a great help to prevent large cities from taking control of the entire planet, thanks to this update, it will not happen, only if they activate the private worlds, which I expected so much, but I no longer expect it, since this solve all my problems

1 Like

It really is a problem. I have beacons I’d like to give people but no longer can because if I unplot they will be reserved by the people around me. How is that hard to see as a problem?

1 Like

no, I do not see the problem, because if you take away the survivor permission to your beacon, it will be as before, then what is the problem? I still can’t see it friend