[PS] Portal Seekers UPDATE - New Biitula Hub, and the revised future of PS!

Hello everyone! Thought id make this update post to explain what the current plan for PS, and how you can help!

Whats happened so far?

So, over the last few weeks ive been focusing all my effort into building a brand new Biitula hub!

“Located in the boundless void, this strange place acts as a link between worlds…”

More Photos

Why, you may ask?

One of the biggest complaints I see pop up is that PS is too confusing to navigate. Therefore, I am doing an overhaul of our main 4 ring worlds. The plan is to have each T4 and below planet of the same region be directly accessible from the 4 main ring hubs, sorted by region.

In addition, we also have a new sovereign section!. Located directly below the main platform, providing cheap and easy access to anyone who wants them!

If you had a portal in the old hub, send us a message on the discord and we can compensate you for any lost oortshards.

What else?

Well, if you’ve payed attention to the forums lately you may have noticed that i’ve begun leading bi-weekly hunts. Keep an eye out, because I plan to keep doing them!

Now, onto the second part of this post…

Portal Seekers needs Builders, Hunters, & Portal Masters!

Portal seekers is looking for individuals who want to help shape our network. We need people who are willing to help take care of the network - refuel token stands, rename signs, and helping to keep it fueled.

We are also looking for people who have a keen interest in hunting - be it veteren or newcomer, to come long to our hunts, learn the ropes, and even lead their own hunts!

In addition, we are also looking for people who wish to build a replacement hub on the following planets:

• Lutrion - boundmore :white_check_mark:
  • Angel I - DaOne82 :white_check_mark:
  • Antar VI
  • Trung - hababas
  • Refgar - Nonie The Pup / Glitchworld
  • Eresho - DK Puncerello (Maybe)
  • Arie
  • Till - LunaiHunter
  • Minorengle - question00 or Honey713
  • Alnitans
  • Houchus I - Baby Cookie
  • Kol Huroo - nerarth

Building Guidelines:

The main platform will eventually be guild + footfall controlled by PS Portal Master faction, while PS itself pays for its oortstone upkeep.

Preferably it would have some kind of structure beyond simply being a raised platform, with a section for 1x2 portals, as well as utilizing the PS logo somewhere in the build. The actual size dosen’t matter that much, but I would say that 4x4 plots is the minimum it should be.

If you have any interest in any of the above activities, or just want to chat, come say hi in our Discord!

49 Likes

really love the new look, good job on that!

9 Likes

Nice! Your hunts are great! I’m glad to hear they will be ongoing. Also your guild’s new direction looks really promising.

7 Likes

Looks nice!

For me the confusing part of PS is that the hubs are perfectly symmetrical. So I always have to check 4 corners to find the portal I’m looking for.

Some sort of color coding or theming for the four corners would help me a lot.

4 Likes

Ive tried to address this in the new hub. 2 of the corners only have tier 1 planets, 1 only has tier 2 planets, and one has tier 3.

In addition any metal/coal/lush worlds are color coded to make it easier from a glance what type they are.

However, with that said additional color coding, especially for player/shop portals could work quite well.

3 Likes

Yeah the player/shop portals is where I always get lost. The planet portals are fine. Though I still don’t know what the dollar signs mean for planet portals

3 Likes

Did you reserve any portals for the city portals that were already opened at the old Biitula hub?

2 Likes

As far as i’m aware the only emojis we put on player portals are the globe icon, used to represent Sovereign Worlds, Although perhaps simply typing the word “Sovereign” after the planet name might be better.

EDIT - thanks Gorillastomp

With that said, I agree that color coding in some way (as well as labeling signs better) could go a long way in reducing that confusion.

As it stands, I did not. However theres more then enough “good” spots for anyone who plans on transitioning over to the new hub, so I figured it wasn’t needed.

2 Likes

dollar sign = shopping hub

5 Likes

I’d be able to build a replacement hub on Minorengle or Till. I just need plots, and resources (portals), then i can build you a hub. Till will have a volcano theme and Minorengle will be a forest tree

3 Likes

Awesome love the way it looks, great job :+1:

3 Likes

Is the new hub open to come get a portal token?

3 Likes

D: that look so AMAZING this gives me Motivation and ideas for a Hub Hub

2 Likes

Amazing job on the hub!

3 Likes

Relocated DK Mall portal to relatively the same spot (up the ramp to the right of the lamblis portal)

Please name it ;d;;k; (the letter emoji aren’t on the forums?) when you get the chance, nothing urgent

4 Likes

Love the new hub guys! So glad to you guys back and revitalised!

3 Likes

great job evolving and adapting :boundless: new portal up and running :+1:
(and priceless DK saying someone else’s hub is confusing :stuck_out_tongue: :kissing_heart:)

6 Likes

Went around and renamed all the taken portals based on the settlement names, and also renamed DK’s mall using the emojis as DK wanted.

Cheers!

5 Likes

On Arie you can build the hub in river Towns

2 Likes

What’s the difference between Ultima and PS? Little confused here…

Regards,

1 Like