PS4 - radial menu items randomly unequip for no reason

Annoying glitch since Day 1, items randomly unequip from my radial menus for no reason whatsoever. Seems to happen most often at some point when I’m moving inventory items around. I am NOT moving or in any way/shape/form interacting with said removed items when they unequip. Example: spitter attacks. I radial to bring up my slingbow… slingbow is no longer equipped. I did however move some coal around.

2 Likes

It happens on PC as well, usually when using shift-click to move things in / out of storage.

I’m not sure what the PS4 equivalent is, but yeah it’s pretty annoying when that happens.

2 Likes

it happens to me when i modify an equiped smart stack. idk if this is possibly what you are talking about?

1 Like

it happens to me too whenever I modify a smart stack that is equipped and sometimes when I move items in and out of my inventory best solution I found is to just monitor what’s equipped before you go out to do anything in the field since it doesn’t ever seem to happen while you’re actually using the items

1 Like

Yeah. It’s annoying, but not random. If the item is part of a smart stack, any change to that stack removes it from the radial menu.

1 Like

Yup I knew that changing the stack bumped it off the menu but apparently altering any stack can bump anything off.

Sounds like a few of you are experiencing this. I’ll add this to the bug database so that someone can find out what’s going on.

1 Like

Indeed. I think it’s the game will sometimes interact with a Stack for some reason. Remembering what was in it, micro moving the items without moving it visually. Something like that and will remove item the item from the radial menu. Really annoying since I use multiple chisles and they are all in the same stack

It’s not just changes to the smart stack.

If I have, say, a smart stack of hammers equipped in one of my radial menus, and shift-click a stack of stone from my inventory into a storage block, then the hammer stack gets removed from my radial menu. Regardless of it being the active, in-hand, item at the time or not. It just gets completely unequiped.

It seems to happen most often, but not exclusively, with the smart stack of tools (or whatever) that was last added to the radial menu.

@vdragon

Possibly related, if you have a single item of a smart stack on each radial (say a grapple for the left hand and another for the right), often between log-ins one of the sides will have to be re-equiped.

Also sometimes when you radially equip a smart stack it will randomly select a different hammer etc. from the same smart stack so you end up with several gently used tools instead of just using one until it breaks.