QoL - Unequiping Items (when interacting with storage)

There was a post about this back in Oct, which may be the same bug - PS4 - radial menu items randomly unequip for no reason - and @vdragon mentioned it was something that was going to be reviewed.

But it’s still something that plights my experience to this day – everyday that I play. So this is more or less a check/bump if the problem has been recreated by devs, and if there might be an incoming fix? @james

Personal experience with the bug (if same bug):
Playing on PS4, virtually every time I put anything in storage(block/shop/machine) something from my radial-equipped items becomes unequipped. So inventory management becomes a battle of will, if I must sort many items I must shortly after re-equip everything I use in my radial.

Appreciate any dev time spent on this.

10 Likes

Food, drinks, grapples etc always having to re-equip…very very annoying

4 Likes

Would love a fix for this!

3 Likes

My radial slots unequip only when the item changes. If I have a hammer stack there and take another one from storage and it goes in to that stack, it unequips. If there’s 20 earthyam in a slot and I take 20 more and it stacks with the existing yams, it unequips.

Is this the same bug or does PS4 have another one?

No, I think this is the one (at least on PC) where if you move any smart stack from your inventory into any storage or vice-versa (usually happens when shift-clicking) then any unrelated smart stack items held in your quickslots can get unequipped randomly, even the ones currently in your hand (like say a stack of torches so that you can see what you’re doing :stuck_out_tongue:)

This happens even when no changes are made to the smart stack in hand or equipped to quick slots.
Curiously, if the item is not part of a smart stack it never gets unequipped, so I’ve started to run around with a single torch on each character so that the lights never suddenly go out on me. :stuck_out_tongue:

It has been reported a few times already I believe. Very annoying.

For example: you have a smart stack of torches equipped to a quickslot and then you shift-click a smart stack of stones into a storage block, and when you shift-click the stones the torches get removed from the quickslot for no discernible reason.

3 Likes

Oh gawd yes, I second this post. And third it. And n th it! I get so bored of re-shortcutting half my hand slots on every character change.

2 Likes

This is correct, wasn’t sure if it happened to PC, but yes, unrelated smart stacks unequip something esle.

Putting stones away, which are not equipped to radial, and my grapples on my radial will unequip.

Although I’m not familiar with PC controls, on PS4 it happens when you quick move a stack (which I imagine is what shift-click is) -not certain if it happens when you drag a stack… lol
(I find it a little comforting that it happens on PC, us PS4 players aren’t alone)

We do get this, but a different one :stuck_out_tongue:

Never really viewed this as too annoying as I figure it’s something to do with the updating of the smart stack… certainly wouldn’t mind if it didn’t happen though! lol

I would love it if this was fixed.

1 Like

This problem isn’t the end of the world but a little TLC would be greatly appreciated. What I’d really love is for my connected grapple in my RIGHT hand to not randomly UNEQUIP when I change items in my LEFT hand plz and thanku. Makes it literally impossible to change chisels while grappled… unless u don’t mind random pointless deaths.

yikes!
I have never had this happen to me except when I first had a grapple attached and scrolled the mouse wheel before changing the setting to only rotate my main hand.
from then on I always keep my grapple in my offhand and the scroll wheel only changes my primary hand which has all my other tools.

Hmm, I didn’t study it much but maybe I can put the grapple in the other hand (PS4). Have all related settings checked for don’t change both hands etc. but it happens anyway.

This is the least useful setting in Boundless. I can’t count the times I’ve wanted to switch from a yam and a hammer to a slingblow and torch simultaneously…

If you’re on PS4, just hold L1 and use the left stick to cycle the equipped in left hand, or hold R1 and use right stick to cycle equipped in right hand… if you weren’t aware (from what I understand of what you said?)

Also do you only use 1 grapple at a time? :stuck_out_tongue: I always have one on each hand.

Yeah but I L1/Left Stick and my right grapple randomly switches to the next item. I can connect a right grapple, tilt the left stick and hit L1 five times and my right hand will unequip.

This happens on all platforms… it is a bug that is almost 2 years old at this point and has been reported many times. @vdragon it would be nice to have this fixed… we even have videos in pervious bug reports showing the issue.

1 Like

I have gotten that one reproduceable on PC, maybe you can use it to find repro steps for console

1 Like

I’ve given the software engineer in question a poke as a reminder to look into this.

6 Likes

Yep, I’ve posted about this many times.
I must have to reset my tool sets around 10 to 20 times every play time. It’s just so frustrating. And I would love this to be fixed.

3 Likes

just shift-clicked a smart stack of ~150 soft coal into an existing stack of ~40 in a storage block and saw my (equipped) hammer disappear.
the hammer was part of a smart stack of 5 iron and 1 copper, all unforged. Also the hammer was equipped as a smart stack.
trying to give as much details as possible so devs can extract any possible clue to the cause.
[will edit with screenshots from other computer]