Put the game on sale to bring in new players

Wooh loving the energy :joy: :hearts:

3 Likes

Wow. This dude came to play.

$14.99. I’m calling it now!

3 Likes

No, but I think Vinny or Joel may be into this.

Okay, my confidence in you just grew, please don’t mess it up.

1 Like

I’ll raise you and go with $9.99 strike price :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think a permanent price reduction is a much better bet than periodic sales. That being said, when boundless left early access ($95 base price!!) And went to its current base price, we observed a significant increase in toxic players who were less self invested in positively engaging with the community
 griefers. Im not saying the base price shouldn’t be lowered, but that player moderation should be improved to match player growth that will inevitably be accompanied by an increase in toxic players.

4 Likes

I’d say $5.99 even though you can get it online already at $1.99. How legit that $1.99 is may be something @monty1 and team may want to look at.

Seems you needed better moderators or more of them.

2 Likes

Does the game even have mods? Also, there definitely need to be ways to appeal bans and warnings, because one form of griefing I saw in other online games were malicious reports (especially prevalent in games where AI does some of the moderation tasks) leading to unjust suspensions and sometimes permanent bans. There’s a need for checks and balances so it won’t happen here and to have the banned/restricted user be able to appeal at least few times and have the situation reviewed by different person each time to make extra sure the doing the reviewing mod in question isn’t in cahoots with the false flagger (which happened in the past, for example with Runescape).

3 Likes

Yes, and yes. The devs were extremely hesitant to ban any paying customers for any reason, and it would take an extremely air-tight case to get someone banned. I wouldn’t even consider the community leaders as proper moderators outside of this forum. I once built a massive case with statements from dozens of players and screenshots etc about a toxic player who was very disruptive and abusive at the time and the devs did nothing with it for months
 an empowered moderation team is needed now, as well as prior to a price reduction.

1 Like

Not sure if it is still the case today since I no longer have access to those reports, but it was definitely a problem here in the forums for a long while as well.

1 Like

In @Tiggs I trust :slight_smile: I am sure she will handle things along with myself as needed :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

As of my experience in Mid to late 2021 to a few months ago. It still is a problem :frowning:

Doesn’t surprise me. Some people (me) play the forums more than the game lately
 and for some of those people the forums almost become competitive. (Not me!)

3 Likes

It was around Christmas. I think it was part of the humble bundle sale or something like that. And you can buy steam keys as a gift for someone. They have to have a steam account to redeem it of course.

Forum Moderators, yes.

As to moderators for the game, the Devs have always handled it, to the best of my knowledge.

Have you thought about being a moderator again? Couldn’t hurt, right?

I do not think it is more interesting, not in its current state at any rate. Boundless is lacking quite a bit that minecraft happens to have. I don’t know anything about Twitch because I am a youtube person, Live streams do not interest me one bit. As far as youtube videos are concerned, there have been very creative and interesting things that Docm77 and a few others managed to do with minecraft that can not be done in boundless very well at all.

Even some simple things such as mining is far more interesting in minecraft, since you have the chance to wander across underground mines, and other structures, Also the energy bar in boundless that forces you to take a break from mining every X seconds was extremely annoying when I was a new player
 Boundless is very bland for the most part once you start digging down, Terraria is an example of a game that doses underground exploration very well; with all sorts of things you can encounter underground. You need to add more random and interesting stuff to discover while mining underground.

I said before that I think Boundless have the potential to be something very good, but right now it is just a basic foundation. It needs a lot more content added on top of it. Functional content, Pretty looking building blocks can only carry the game so far. Some people are content with how the game is currently, and that is fine, but it needs more content if you want to attract and, more importantly, retain players for the long term.

1 Like

Seems the person that threatened people with physical harm in a very bannable offensive way is still playing. Proof was given.

Wouldn’t wish video game forum moderation on anyone. Pretty bad on one’s mental health to read alot of the negativity. But there’s always that tiny minority that can handle it.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear this. Live streams oddly usually carry over to YouTube too. I have watched many a Minecraft streamer and then watch the same video I watched show up on YouTube (heavily edited of course). You tend to miss out on some interesting bits and have the ability to talk to someone your favorite YouTubers and ask questions and aside from Twitch people also live stream on YouTube. So much more fun if you ask me.

Pretty cool to see the creations similar to Docm77 get made and oddly watch something blow up in realtime.

Doc also has a Twitch stream.

YouTube and Live streaming are both great ways to make a game more popular. Watched many a streamer with a lot of viewers directly affect Steam sales and at times even make or break a game.

1 Like

They are, and many many people like live streams, I am a bit more of an old school person, and prefer to watch videos on my own schedule, so It just isn’t for me, so my statements can only refer to what I noticed for videos.

1 Like