PvP option for Beacons

Would it be possible for beacons to allow the selection of PVP permissions? Two good use cases are

1.To create a Non-PVP safe zone around your house in a PVP world

1. To create a PVP arena in a Non-PVP world.

There are a long list of others…

2 Likes

Yeah both. also Allowing duels should be an option too, i dont want to create an inn and then have people do duels all over it.

3 Likes

I need this for my Fight Pit ™!
https://forum.oortonline.com/t/fight-pit/526

2 Likes

This brings up an interesting problem. If you can make safe zones from PvP couldn’t you just plop a beacon down to save your self?

A solution to that would of course be to make beacons take some time to set up.

2 Likes

This is key.

1 Like

Fun thing is that i haven’t thought about this before but thinking about it this would probably help both against beacon spam and make sure people don’t place beacons just to quickly take a special tree before anything else.

2 Likes

they said you would lose some of the stuff used for placing a beacon and it would hurt. but beacons are going to be items that is placed and prob take some time

@ben how about you place a beacon which will aggro nearby mobs and can get destroyed and it needs 60 seconds to automatically set up? that would prevent people from just spamming it when there are nearby enemies.

1 Like

I’m absolutely certain these options will be added to beacons, so we probably don’t have much to worry about.

1 Like