Q&A: Character Progression

why?

that is why. Cause im too deep in my own ranting to notice when i ■■■■ up. which is why i expect someone else to point it out (Thanks). Sorry bout that.

for the whole “there are real world things” Well. there are also 1x1x1 blocks. there are monsters, flying titans. Portals with so much energy to a distanct place on the world if not in the entire universe in less than seconds. I dont think “in the real world” is an argument (nor fitting analogy) unless we talk a setting that is made to actual resemble the real world (what some people finds the biggest problem to be in the division. you can excuse aliens taking a ton of shots but it doesnt quite work in the real world) Which is where we talk mainly survival games like Rust, The black death, Ark (set in a future world with “real” humans which is why they have human needs). Boundless neither uses humans nor the earth. nor our universe. Its a fantasy world. not the real world with some slightly changed elements. (This is unless they introduce a race which is literally called human. then we can start talking about it)

I mean we have a Rock cat race right now for gods sake.

PS: My logic is not corrupted by emotion. its corrupted by opinion and previous knowledge from everything else i have learned observing patterns in various games i have played.

“You dont have the right to an opinion. you have the right to an informed opinion. Nobody has the right to remain ignorant”

Whist we always encourage healthy discussion, it feels like this thread has gone on a bit of a tangent. I’d hold your breath for a bit longer – we’ll share more information on the progression system as soon as we can and shed a bit more light and have a healthier discussion.

10 Likes

Was honestly what i was waiting on when i was first stalking around. but since i was called out i decide to rant a bit. Look forward to a bit more. Can you give a hint though. is “Hunter” gather skill for leather and meat or is it the combat skill of using a slingbow?

1 Like

To be fair, I didn’t say, “where is Zoul’s arguments?” I said where is Zouls? :smiley:

1 Like

Right here as annoying as ever. Some will call me the devils advocate. I prefer to be called Lucifer himself. At your service. Now i can go back to just stalking once in a while when i get bored and check in every few weeks. After all it seems like the place is still fairly “everybody’s opinion is equally valid”. Bye!

Seems like items will last for a few days:

3 Likes

It’s not as simple to explain as that. I want to give you the details you want but it’s still in the oven, promise more info when we’ve rationalised the designs.

3 Likes

(Distracts by leaking some in-progress GUI)

7 Likes

That is an awfully saucy bone

3 Likes

Unacceptable. Everybody here knows I am the embodiment of chaos! :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

For any new comers, if you want to call upon Havok’s leadership services you have to pay in souls :scream:

3 Likes

Chaotic, yes, but he’s got you beat on cold calculation :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Just noticed this. Thanks for your collaboration to the collection :smile_cat:

That much may be true, but where is the fun in that?

1 Like

Oh there’s plenty of fun :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Not reading through the 60 posts since this but I’m sure it has been said.

You don’t need to have multiple characters to do this but instead it promotes teaming up with others so everyone can share the spoils. Plus you’ll need to team up anyway to defeat titans so it works out.

You don’t need to but it most likely will be the only way for many people to kill a titan. (or even survive it)

Could be just me but I like to experience every type of gameplay a game has to offer first hand at some point in time. I’m all for teaming up with people to get stuff done efficiently. Maybe something like a 2 week cooldown on respec so you can’t just do everything yourself. Or you could do something like clicker heroes ascension mechanic where you reset your character to level 1 but you gain increased experience the next time you level and the amount of increased experience could be based on how many times you do it.

Or you could make it increasingly hard to level additional branches after the 3 main branches. So you could theoretically experience all the content but you would have to work harder and harder so almost noone can do everything.

The game would have to be flawless or else someone could take advantage of a temporary exploit or bot the game and either developers would have to roll back those players or they would have an advantage that would take a very long time to catch up to.

Edit: I didn’t read all the post so sorry if i say anything that has already been said.