Q: What server configurations will be available for Boundless?

We don’t have any more information to share at the moment.

Thank you james, I assume you will inform all of us when there is more information available ?

That goes without saying…

sorry, posted in a wrong place - ignore

1 Like

Hello!

Its been almost 4 years since the original post, so I would like to ask gently if there is an update about the development for Official Private Boudless Servers and Self Hosted Servers.

• Official Private Boundless Servers - Players will also be able to buy and create their own world. These worlds will be accessed from the main game universe. Players can control who has access to their world.

• Self Hosted Servers - In addition to the official servers, we also plan to release the Server for players and communities who want to host their own worlds and servers. Privately hosted worlds will not connect to the main game universe.

The game is actually pretty awesome, I think these two features would give much more potentials.
Thanks for your time and work in regards to this, keep it up!

Regards,

5 Likes

They may have missed the mark with player-owned servers. They did not strike while the iron was hot…

Agreed, some cities have 50, 60, 70 million or more prestige now. Cant see people wanting to move it all to a private server now

1 Like

I am still new enough that I would like to buy my own planet :smiley: especially if I get some sort of customization parameters (terrain amplitude/frequency, rough color palette, climate)

Understood but as @Krollbar stated, they had a great opportunity to get many new planets online paid for by willing players that have since invested a great deal of time and effort building on a public planet and many have already quit due to the squabbles that happened because of only having the option to build on public worlds (people getting their towns absorbed, people plotting in the middle of others build areas etc). Some of these problems have since been addressed by the devs but we lost a number of great players who might of still been here had they been able to build on a world of their own.
Also, with their tech to bring exo planets in and out of the boundless universe I would of thought adding private servers would be an extension of it (and therefore easy) but maybe they know things we dont.

1 Like