Quality of Life Additions

This is a list of purely QoL items that could be implemented for Boundless. Each item comes with a poll for us to vote. A “yes” vote implies you would like either the QoL addition as-is or something very similar. A “no” vote means you would not like this or anything similar to be implemented in Boundless

1. Switching skill trees via a keybind (i.e. ALT + CTL/CMD + # = automatically make that skill tree your active one)
  • Yes, I’d like this or something very similar
  • No, I don’t want this or anything similar

0 voters

1. Naming of skill trees (i.e. Make the skill tree real-estate into a drop-down menu as to be able to gracefully show longer names

0 voters

1. Glider/flying/jet pack (see my other thread on this).

0 voters

1. Scaffolding blocks that can be toggled on and off via UI (or perhaps destroyed with a click from UI). This could also be solved via flying/jet pack if that’s going to be a thing

0 voters

1. Chiseling of certain block types to a plane. (i.e. Octigrids being able to be chiseled to the thickness of glass panes)

0 voters

1. Combining of chisels into a single multi-tool (Either truly or arbitrarily. For example, perhaps all the different chisel variations still sit in your inventory as they do today but only one hand slot is needed for chisels as you can cycle through the available chisels. Alternatively, perhaps chisels get their own little inventory but still require multiple hands to use).

0 voters

1. Special inventory section that, when items are placed into it, automatically transfers these items to a designated location. Lots of potential here. Could be powered via oort shards, could be an IRL $$ upgrade for convenience, or could be a “machine” you have to craft and use at your current location.

0 voters

1. Ability to have chat window stay up at all times instead of auto-hiding

0 voters

1. Automatically position the chat channel at the end when switching to it as opposed to positioning it at the last unread message (perhaps offer this as a toggle in the Game menu).

0 voters

1. Make the Falling Armour skill a blanket % falling damage reduction. Currently, it does not function as intended if you have any points invested in vitality or otherwise boost your health.

0 voters

1. Add multiple slots to the Chrysominter.

0 voters

1. Automatic permissions for characters belonging to the same account

0 voters

1. Ability to set any character’s beacon on the same account as your home beacon

0 voters

1. Ability to filter what you actually pick up. Going on a big mining spree but don’t really want the rocks? Filter out rocks so you don’t even pick them up. Yes, I’m aware you can pre-fill your entire inventory with instances of the things you want to do this but it’s just an inconvenience and, well, this is a quality of life list so…

0 voters

1. Container option to turn on/off super stacking based on color. In other words when option is on super stacking is restricted only to matching colors when moving new items into that container.

0 voters

1. On PS4, there are too many ways to release your grapple leading to lots of accidental grapple releases. There should be just one way to do so.

0 voters

1. A spark “battery” or UI mechanism that you can hook up to spark cores and store your spark. That way you can move your cores without losing all your spark or having to crawl your way to the new location by removing and adding one spark core at a time from the beginnng and to the end.

0 voters

1. Put a cursor/X/something on the atlas that represents your current position while the atlas is out but not actively being used. For those wondering, the atlas already visually represents things truly when it’s just “out” and in your hand but not being “used” so adding a cursor over the true “middle” of the part facing you should be simple.

0 voters

1. Greatly reduce or remove cost for inner-beacon portals (portals that lead to somewhere within the same beacon).

0 voters

1. Ability to determine exactly where your warp location is within your beacon potentially just for you or for anyone with warp permissions to your beacon. This could be a small “platform” you place (invisible or visible) or could be a simple setting in the menus.

0 voters

1. Ability to explore the atlas in more detail by being able to spin it in your hand to view its entirety.

0 voters

19 Likes

For 6 do you mean making metal and gem chisels stack? Because I always have 9 gem chisels and two metal chisels on me at all times.

2, 4 and 5 would be huge.

7 shouldn’t be a RMT in my opinion, and I think there are better alternatives. For example, expanding the inventory by a row, and adding an ender chest that uses oort (but no opening or closing cost) to transfer items from one location to another via linked chests.

Is that 6. about able to make tools to work as AOE tool that allows creating own patterns by placing tools inside smart stack wanted way? Or is that multitool purpose just to reduce assigned items count on hand wheels with possibility to change chiseling style with another key?

@DKPuncherello @almund

Regarding combining chisels, what I’m talking about is somehow visually (and from an inventory perspective) combining all the chisel variations (metals, alloys, gems, lucent) all into a single UI element. You’d have a “chisel” slot in your inventory or something along those lines within which you’d have access to all the chisels you actually own. At any given point on my builder/crafter, I have 4-6 inventory slots taken up with chisels. Alternatively, instead of combining them all to one inventory slot, I proposed adding a separate little inventory section specifically for chisels so it doesn’t take up the main inventory space

Regarding the RMT proposal for inventory expansion or direct transfer of items to a designated storage via machine or special inventory slots, that’s not to say I want it to be RMT. However, I love Boundless and I want Boundless to be around forever. From a community perspective, it’s a small game with a small community and while I think the creative mode and mods will open things up a bit and bring in some decent money for the devs, any time I can think of a non-toxic RMT that could be introduced, I’m always willing to propose it and then put my money where my mouth is. I’d be 100% fine with it not being RMT but if it makes financial sense to do it, I’m 100% okay with that as well.

Added 10-12 based on some recent play experiences.

Why you want to disable regen boms on exos? Many players are really waiting these to get gleam of special colour. I was hoping before exos came live that regen bombs wouldn’t work but I think it wouldn’t be good for current player base who like to gather these temporarily available colours.

3 Likes

that only benefits the no life players that are online 25/8

1 Like

How? The whole point is to regen and farm it quickly…it only takes a few minutes to fill up your inventory when regen farming.

A casual player has zero disadvantage here…

2 Likes

I’d be okay with it staying but, from my perspective, regening really @#^%s with miners as there are some players who mine out an area then regen bomb it so that if someone else arrives, they waste their time mining there.

I’m aware the atlas updates in near real-time but there isn’t enough color variation and no representation of altitude in the atlas so you can show up at an area, start mining for, say, Umbris at 135, not knowing that it’s been regened and 120 - 150 are barren of any Umbris and you’d have to go up to 160 or 170.

Additionally, there’s economic implications of regen farming on exos. It seems that supply and demand would be better served by a lack of regen farming on exos.

The problem isn’t the bombs… it’s the trolls. I say let’s get rid of the trolls. #savethebombs

5 Likes

Hah, that’s fair. Again, totally fine with it staying so long as we can solve that issue.

1 Like

I know it is bothersome for miners when an area has been regened, but I don’t think we need to punish the surface resource gatherers.

3 Likes

I think it would be good to give everyone a few fixed inventory slots. Add a row of extra space that can hold an atlas, a light source, one of each tool type.
But simply adding a row to inventory would be better IMO

All good. Clear that I didn’t think through that recommendation thoroughly so I’ve removed it. Would love to see about punishing players who regen bomb maliciously though.

1 Like

They’ve started showing up at meteor Hunts again too

1 Like

I had some trolls at my hunt on Monday. It’s super frustrating. I don’t understand people who get off on pissing people off.Thats not fun, is narcissistic.

3 Likes

To be clear my “like” means “that sucks”

3 Likes

A huge yes to flying or any other form of transportation. People would probably build less multiple small portals that tax the server if we had some form of transportation, besides walking.

3 Likes

I really want #4, I always thought scaffolding would be cool and give a more active look to builds

Even buildable scaffolds would be great

1 Like

Can you add a number for auto sort for inventory?

2 Likes