Quality of Life Additions

I proposed #4 back around the time of launch and it got a pretty muted response… Hopefully, if enough people keep repeating the mantra, it’ll eventually stick.

ESPECIALLY now that we’ve got this growing concern with build compactness. Want to convince people to build up instead of out? Make it less impossible.

1 Like

My vote is still for a robotics skill path, so we can build robot friends that can hold light sources and extra inventory

1 Like

Disabling regen bombs on exos would mean that people that got there first would be able to claim all the gleam that is already over valued because it has a pretty color. It also means that exo gleam would be come a rare item…

literally punishing casual players…

That atlas updates in enough real time that i can tell when i have hit the resource deposit responsible for the glow.

no nice way to say this: I suggest practicing how to read you atlas while farming for gold, Go down to 15, clear out a tunnel to the middle of a blue glow, if you haven’t hit gold at 15 then mine upwards to about 20 and if you don’t hit it then look down to 5.

this is literally my standard way of mining gold and its my main source of income, now that i have invested in max control i can mine silver easier too, i do the exact same for silver but at 20, clearing up to 30 and down to 10…

Do this for a month and you will learn how to read your atlas.

What about all those intra-planet portals, how much additional overhead could be eliminated if we had teleporters that worked like portals but were only functional on the same planet (or even same plot)

Well I’m not sure if this has been mentioned. But for me I think it would be a great addition.

Here’s the idea.
Anytime anyone gains a level. I get 1 plot.
That’s it.
:joy:
Talk about a game changer though right. Lol.

2 Likes

That. And also the ability for me to turn 1 skill point into 1 plot. That would be a nice 2k extra plots for me to use!

3 Likes

You guys are harsh! lolol
Actually, I play a few games where it’s really hard to gain plots/home space to build.

1 Like

There’s no nice way to say this either but I literally wrote the guide on mining:

I’m aware of how the atlas works but it doesn’t account for altitude as it’s a 2D representation spray painted on a 3D sphere. Because of this, there’s no way to know the altitude at which ore is actually present so if an area has been regen bombed, you will have to start at the top or bottom and work your way down or up, likely wasting a LOT of time.

2 Likes
  1. Yes
  2. Yes
  3. No
  4. No
  5. Yes
  6. Dunno
  7. No
  8. Yes
  9. I think this is already how its meant to be, its a bug that it is working the way it currently does
  10. Yes
  11. Yes

:slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not suggesting regen bombs should be disabled on exo’s… I think regen bombs should 100% be allowed.

Of all the things in the list, I can’t understand how someone would be against 3, 4 and 7 lol. Those are the most needed although solving for 3 or 4 potentially solves the other. The glider itself would be a HUGELY beneficial item for exo exploration.

1. Well I am really against jetpacks and flying, as it trivialises walking and exploring. If you can fly, then exploring would be a lot less fun and it would make builds like stairs, bridges and other such things purely aesthetic.

2. I just don’t think we need scaffolding, with grappling all you need are few strategically placed blocks and you’re good to go. Or do like I do, glass block platforms up high whilst building, so you can’t really see them from the ground, you can grapple up and also they’re easily one shot’able.

3. Teleporting items from anywhere to your storage would be crazy imo, for one it would make the way you do exo planets change a lot by just needing one trip and therefore feeling like you shouldn’t leave rather than having these nice windows to split up journies (full bags)

It would change the meta greatly and also make any potential future plans for items transportation much less impacting (impactful?)

1 Like

I just really want something to do with all those extra skill points. I don’t understand why I keep getting them if there is nothing to do with them

5 Likes

Wearable armor with glider attachment that is all for now thanks

3 Likes

Very fair points. I can totally understand where you’re coming from. My response would be that “fun” should trump status quo. I’ll give some examples:

1. Building is super fun in Boundless but the monotony and frustration around placing said “strategically placed blocks” and essentially building your own scaffolding is definitely not fun and takes away from the fun that is building.
  2. Gliders are already present in Creativerse. Exploration in Creativerse (to me) is INFINITELY more fun than in Boundless. Boundless has exos and Creativerse has nothing similar. If you took the concept of gliders from Creativerse and brought them to Exos, you’d have something really special. Add in discoverable treasure like Creativerse has and you’d have an absolute blast.
  3. Exploration in Boundless is super painful to me at present. The “bump” you experience on any little rise in the terrain partnered with “falling” damage you regularly get when grappling makes it very unenjoyable for me. Exos are a bit more fun because they’re new and uniquely-generated planets but exploration would be significantly more fun given something like a glider, jetpack, etc.

These are, of course, subjective and my own opinions. Each person’s experience will clearly vary.

3 Likes

Chiseling blocks flat like panes is my favorite thought there and I think about it a lot. It would be a huge improvement to interiors and would yield a lot more options for furniture. Marble counter tops- let’s go!

5 Likes

I actually think Gliders would be pretty neat IF they didn’t allow us to full on fly, only fall (think Elytra in Minecraft but without Rockets). Would also open up some cool glide racing builds/competitions. But jetpacks seem a bit boring go me and would ruin the emersion of building/exploring builds :slight_smile:

I may feel differently when it comes to grappling as I love slinging myself around and therefore an quite ‘good’ at strategic grappling (also a whole lot easier on PC, don’t know if you’re on ps4 as it might be more difficult)

But as a whole, a good bunch of suggestions there :+1:

6 Likes

being able to filter your inventory and chest would be nice
for example i could set a filter on my person with a blacklist set to rock salt so that i would not pick it up

3 Likes

Gliders ftw! I also really want to see how they would react to hitting the ground at the wrong angle with the current fall damage mechanics. We could make a boundless fail montage!

5 Likes

I would like to be able to tame and ride roadrunners or wildstock and they would be able to traverse the landscape easily (say without jumping to climb a hill :crazy_face:. Much easier and faster to travel on land)

Perhaps introduce a tameable creature which could help us travel on water or dive even

2 Likes

Added 12 and 13