Quality of Life Additions

Beacon teansferring.

I agree, anything that makes chiseling easier would be nice.
I kinda wish you could just place chiseled blocks and orient them with controls. Id put 16 skill points in an epic like that

WAY harder on PS4.

1 Like

I actually find it much easier on ps4, lol. I even plug up my ps controller to my mac instead of using keyboard/mouse just for the grappling ease :woman_shrugging: But that’s just preference

1 Like

There have been two occasions where I might have been accused of such a thing, thankfully, no one was around when it happened…

• first time was when I wanted a particular colour rock and had found a good spot for it, sadly it was at a height for one of the lucents, so I regenned it over and over…
  • second time it was a booboo, I was mining umbris and when switching to my atlas I accidentally switched to a regen bomb instead (was mining gleam before that) and I cursed myself when I appeared up top the mountain, sigh
2 Likes

Also think this is a great idea instead of breaking maybe make it interactive after you set it all up where it breaks down back into your inventory.

1 Like

This would be amazing to add on to our inventory. Could gradually be unlocked piece by piece as you reach level 50 so it gives players something more to achieve and work for with their chatacters.

1 Like

Would be nice to somehow be able to spend those on something unique that may be a huge bonus for that player, but requires the upkeep cost of skill points? Purely end game stuff when you’ve reached level 50 and start hoarding unspent points. Say for example, for each class type that we have, there would be some unique buff of sorts that may be chosen to further take that class above where you’ve maxed…at the cost of those points to fuel it often.

Or maybe just simply trade in various amounts to receive coin?

Or for every 150 gained, you can spend that lot on pushing over or merging one char sheet into a primary sheet, eventually having all points into just one sheet at all times? Long term goals lol

I don’t really care for coins. The real thing in this game is plots. That is what everyone is after, if I can’t spend my skillpoints to get more skills I would like to use them to get more plots

2 Likes

Why I left out plot gain was just foolish of me haha. I agree with you completely there, would be another great way to gain those. Though if they chose to do that, they’d probably make the cost for them steep, as plots are still easily gained over time just by playing and spending cubits

Added 14. Wanted this for a long time but remembered it during this latest mining trip.

Quality of life - container option to turn on/off super stacking based on color. In other words when option is on super stacking is restricted only to matching colors when moving new items into that container.

5 Likes

Added as 15. Love this.

1 Like

This is a good idea. This thread. Good. Yes.

Not sure if it’s on there. But it’s way too easy to unequip a grapple you’re hanging from. On PS4 if you tap the bumper it unequips. Or pressing circle. Or holding bumper to switch items. Or throwing one grapple out of a stack of grapples. And there are more I can’t think of.

There should only be one way to let go of your grapple IMO - up on the dpad on PS4. Not 5 ways.

Can’t count the number of times I’ve died due to this.

I’ve literally never wanted to unequip a grapple I am hanging from. Never.

1 Like

Spark battery. Can be charged using a battery charger which you hook up to spark links. Can be discharged by putting it in spark generators.

This way people could move workshops more easily. And people could generate spark from peat then sell the batteries for profit.

3 Likes

I love the idea of some sort of glider or maybe antigrav belt that would complement grappling (I wouldn’t want it to be outright unlimited flying)

also the scaffolding point gave me the interesting idea of combining them a bit into antigrav scaffolding =p. Carpet the ground under your build area and you can more or less fly in that part of you beacon =) would also be handy for elevators… though it would probably need a balancing upkeep cost (spark/oort?) to prevent it from becoming the “default floor”

Great suggestions so far… I would love to have all of them :hearts:

6 Likes

Added both yours to the list!

This list has become so sexy that I have almost zero hope of seeing it implemented.

3 Likes

Alright let’s make this more official. I’ve added polls for each QoL proposal so the devs can see what’s popular and what’s not. Keep in mind that a “yes” vote implies that you would like that QoL addition or something very similar whereas a “no” vote means you don’t want the idea or anything very similar implemented in Boundless. Vote honestly and feel free to leave feedback on why you do or don’t like a specific item! Let’s make sure to keep things civil <3.

1 Like

Oh… and am I the only one that wants a portal (free or super cheap on upkeep) that returns you instantly to the Sanctum? OR just instant return/logout in your home beacon/any of your beacons?.. I feel like my time spent watching that 10-second countdown could likely be measured in days O.o

Edit:
Oh and a warp pad to place on the ground to designate were exactly you warp into instead of on top of your beacon… I would like to come in centered in my room… but I don’t want my beacon there >< the pad could even be invisible when plot view is not on as to not interfere with the overall theme of the space.

4 Likes

warp pad would be cool to use in your home beacon to be able to move around your base instead of using portals.

2 Likes