Question about oort amalgam

I choose to avoid grind if there is no benefit for me in it~

1 Like

Yet weā€™re playing Boundless ;p weird way to avoid grind.

1 Like

Hahahaha x3 ok that one was good ^^
I wholeheartly agree o_o

1 Like

That would require nasty critters that do not belong on T2 tho. They were terrifying on T3 when I was just trying my first scaredy-cat steps on a T3. Next challenge will be one of those caustic worlds, learning by trial and error (coz ooohhh suprises!) until I freak out and read the manuals ;D

1 Like

Just put 5 points into Kinetic armor for T3 meteors to become near invincible. And if itā€™s a level 3 meteor dig a spot to hide in the side of the cliff or ground before you engage. And for wildstock ā€œfallā€ damage from being pushed into walls just grapple yourself to the ground to remove all ā€œfallā€ damage.

1 Like

Iā€™m thinking modify the creatures - just Spitters and Wildstock for these. :slight_smile: Smaller waves. A way to learn how they work, get feet wet, or just be accessible for those who arenā€™t good at this part of the game.

@Krollbar - Now on this, Iā€™ll admit Iā€™ve been lazy and rarely bother to change my skill page so I am fighting at a disadvantage. :flushed: My hunting tends to be opportunistic, when Iā€™m out gathering and exploring. So in my case I could do better with more planning, haha.

3 Likes

Tho if itā€™s a lvl 0 meteor it could be set up so the mobs only agro on to you if you damage one of them. Plus theyā€™ll be lower levels too so they wouldnā€™t be too op.

1 Like

I moved all my tool & tech & farming points into main attributes on a whim and am a super happy gathering fool againā€¦ I seem to like doing this a lot and since finding a beautiful shop that serves that compulsion to roam snd gather very well, everythingā€™s been sweeter. Iā€™ve already forgotten what resonated and this was supposed to be me responding to with my own journey alreadyā€¦ o yea! Grind! For my skill level (irl) and recurring walking meditation with an axe needs the grind has nice balance. Of course more would be great and maybe Iā€™ll get fidgety or gain some extra levels (thereā€™s way more than 50pts of stuff to want to do on the skilll page; weā€™re not forced to only spend 50 levels per page are we?). Iā€™m keeping my ears open for groups doing regular meteor hunts at same time same location, if I had good clockwatching skills I might try and lead a few myself just to get a regular rhythm going. I have managed to do a meteor alone but itā€™s my weakest irl playing skill by a long long long long shot & Iā€™m using a trackpad 8P :wink: I wish we had an in-game journal to write about our adventures tbhā€¦

ok, the wildstock move so fast i kill them by random luck anyway. hopfully they wonā€™t crash in on the unexpecting players tho :slight_smile:

1 Like

do not forget about people who play daily and still let portals run out
cause they are all over the place and just forget
:thinking: you know if i would get a warning its low on fuel half my problems would be solved :smiley:

3 Likes

Ah, sneaky devs out-thought our sneaky thinkers with this oneā€¦ I donā€™t think we can possibly imagine how true this bit is - I can totally see how exo hunts would become the only thing anyone did for months until the hunter pitched up to stab us all in the back, not to mention the outcry with how this fuel totally makes hunters OP and only caters for a small portion of the population.

4 Likes

so in a 2x1 portal 900 oort shards will give about 5 weeks and some days of operation, right? Amalgam will give 3x duration, so thatā€™s a 15 week lasting portal? Anyone want to confirm that for me as I canā€™t get in game right now. If thatā€™s true Iā€™ll run numbers when I get home and Iā€™ll make a contract imo that will be worthwhile to me, and Iā€™m sure to anyone willing to fulfill it. nvm just got home and found my ichor stash.

Not really since this only applies to a handful of players, that would tryhard to minmax it. Boundless simply had and still has a tendency to go for the grindiest solution possible instead of keeping the players enjoyment in mind. No wonder the community is stagnating.

Here s an example, lets introduce a new fuel, but its not intended as fuel its a longer life fuel that costs more fuel so that players have in effect to grind more for the same amount of portal time. Sneaky devs indeed.

Hereā€™s another one, make new cool high level tools, but then player would use them and have fun with their new power, so just sneakily cut them off on all corners by making them almost unforgable and increase the strength of new monster so much that they are even harder to kill than the level before. No worries players have been cut off by low stability from using the new weapons. Let the shots almost one hit kill anyone, so gg wp. lol

This is simply bad game design righ there.

2 Likes

I have long referred to this Boundless phenomena as the War on Fun :frowning:

I try to ignore that part of the game now and just use Boundless to zone out and mine when I need a break from real life.

3 Likes

Very fitting. I do enjoy the building part and let my machines run overnight and will keep playing for now. But there simply is no whitewashing the fact that it is almost designed to kill the fun.

2 Likes