Questions for the early backers- higher tiers

Dunno if I should laugh or cry.

3 Likes

For ladders we would need community feedback on whether people wanted to see the character moving up hand and foot (like people were really climbing it) or if we would be fine with the character just floating up (basically like you see now in minecraft). I’m not sure if that was ever decided on which we all would prefer.

2 Likes

tenor

Yes :rofl:

(Honestly I’d just prefer to have 1 block portals back)

Ladders would be the most underwhelming addition that I can think of, lol.

1 Like

If local portals were free say under a certain distance Id settle for that over ladders.

I remember you posting that nearly 1 year ago in a ladder thread. Seemed many people in that thread had the attitude of “whatever, just get it added.” For example:

Oh well, I can keep hoping they are added. I’m still having fun

Apologies to @ghandymarshall for steering the thread into a different direction

1 Like

I’ll settle for a portal gun.

2 Likes

What if ladders had pants?

5 Likes

What if pants had ladders?

4 Likes

Then their legs would be protected and occasionally fashionable.

Climbing into a person’s pants would require 3 points of contact, for safety.

3 Likes

Always laugh and cry for great justiice

Kitten claws; I seeded all of time and space with them, you’re welcome

1 Like

Another thing to consider - Don’t forget they are running a business and the aim of any business is to make money and put food on the table. Which is probably why they are supporting with BG3. The best way to ensure Boundless continues to be developed is to continue supporting it as without support it may die a death.

Sovereigns from what I’ve heard don’t make much money and basically what you pay is for server costs. I’ll continue to keep my Sovereigns active and Gleam Club as I genuinely enjoy chilling in game, yes I can get frustrated at times, but its not at the development, its only when I cant experience part of the game due to some other issue (eg. Exoplanets not spawning).

1 Like

I would change it for a T4 with unusual colors to Run friendly hunts and to contribute to the community farms.

1 Like

Yeah if you arent going to be able to give an update other than “its not done yet” you arent going to bother talking to the person bugging you…

I do this all the time at work, i’ll have some project i didnt complete when i was supposed to and a non boss emails me asking for a update…

so i just ignore them and go work on that thing i was supposed to be doing for them cause it was due yesterday…

but then the lady at the front needs help scanning 300 pages to pdf and it only works when she does 30 at a time… so i explain its probably too many pages and too much data at once…

the next day something else catches on fire, so i need to put that out, then i have to work on my normal stuff only for that guy that emailed me yesterday to show up at my desk asking for a update on the project i forgot to work on…

Its literally IT 101: if you have no update, dont give them a update

Oh this is literally the classic “I would do the thing for you but you didn’t answer my question so the ticket being delayed is on you”

but like no one has half a sense to suggestion a “boundless” type suggestion for ladders which is to make portals on the same plot not cost oort or create a different portal block made out of refined oort that only works on the same planet and sameplot…

or a better yet "doesn’t cost anything if the other portal is in the same location as the portal that opened it just at a different height… ie like a elevator…

3 Likes

Actually, in this case it is because a decision needs to be made so that coding can happen especially if it was the real looking ladder climbing one. They would make the decision but they definitely wanted community feedback to see what people liked.

2 Likes

Is there a thread after Sept 11th 2018, created by the devs, where they communicated this to the community?

1 Like

@majorvex might want to put this one down as question answered and close 7t before it heads down the ultra off topic argument path

But they received feedback. People didn’t care, they just wanted it added.

I will tell you what I believe:

50 people could give them feedback today, and 1 year from now people will be saying, “can we please have ladders?”

1 Like

Closed at the request of the OP: Question was answered.