Questions from a new player

I’m just getting started (day 1) on boundless. I would like to find an active town and help add to the community. However, I have no idea how to go about finding a place to start up. Im just kind of wandering aimlessly right now. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

UPDATE
Tracked down Pixel Gate and am planning on settling in here for a bit. Thanks!

5 Likes

Go to Creations category and you will see topics about towns and settlements in the game. What planet are you on?

1 Like

Right now the most active towns are the ones still growing:

The unincorporated on Solum, who have no thread on the forums, but if you follow Skippy on youtube, you’ll know where is at.
Pixel Gate on Solum, which has a thread.
Dragons Watch on Solum, which is pretty quiet this past weeks.
Berlyn township on Berlyn.
Therka Market on Therka.
Etc

I personally welcome you to Pixel Gate, as one of the founders.

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice I’ll check it out. I’m currently on Berlyn.

1 Like

May have to track down the township of Berlyn then. Unless there is a way to get to Solum? If so, I would be happy to accept your welcome and join you at Pixel Gate.

1 Like

There’s a portal at Havok’s house in Berlyn, that would get you to Pixel Gate.

[-1704,100,-131] That’s the coords of the portal at Berlyn

1 Like

the unincorporated (the other folks would really rather be called that than form a named village) have a portal in Pixel Gate as well. Pixel Gate is a good central spot to start you journey htough

Awesome! Now is there a map or something of that nature so I can track down the coords?

1 Like

Dzchan is helping me get to pixel gate. Can’t wait to see it!

2 Likes

press the ‘.’ key twice to bring up the debug menu, (a thirdd time will also bring your HUD back up)

in te top left will be something labeled Camera Position, those are your coordinates

Great guess I’ll start heading there now!

1 Like

good luck new person

1 Like

Well you can do it as xanotos said or.

You can press “E” access the locations tab and see your location, from there you can run and kinda guesstimate where to go and reach Berlyn.

Also on the locations tab, you can save locations and manage them, say your home or your favorite mining spot, etc

Oh cool thanks for the tips. Hopefully it doesn’t take me to long to track it down:p

1 Like

The ‘e’ option only works if you have your settings set up that way (which I believe default IS that way)

I believe I’ve arrived in pixel gate. Thanks for the help! Can’t wait to explore the city. Gunna take a break but in an hour or so I’ll do some exploring. It looks amazing!

3 Likes

I believe I found it. Thanks for all the help! Gunna explore the city in about an hour or so.

1 Like

One last question, when I get back on, how can I communicate with other players. Don’t know how to chat with keyboard or headset lol

1 Like

Press ‘t’ or the enter key to start typing

If you wanted to come to the un-named Village, there’s a portal wrapped in red wood. Be careful going through, don’t want you to fall to your doom already, that will lead you to my tree Nisroch. Big and red. There’s a wonderful little community around that area. Feel free to explore just remember how to get back. (There’s a staircase up the tree too)