Questions from a new player

A portal wrapped in red wood? Is that portal in pixel gate? That sounds like something I’d want to check out.

1 Like

IN pixel gate, i made a portal. its near the central crossroads of Pixel Gate. it has a ring around it made of red wood. it leads to Nisroch, my tree (i named it yes.)

I just so happen to stumble across it:p this is a beautiful location and the town is awesome! Might have to snag a plot here;)

1 Like

Is there a reason that we don’t have a thread for our little village? I’ve been showing it on YouTube for almost 3 months now.

2 Likes

It was brought up in a thread some time ago by xanotos, and it was closed, because it seems someone inside it didn’t want it shared here. He wanted it to be naturally growing and expanding, and that it was bringing people together from someplace else.

It’s weird for me too.

Hmmm. There’s a lot of other people there too. Wonder how they feel? Seems a shame to not share it because of one person.

I know, I’m not part of the community there, so I wasn’t sure of sharing. May be something to discuss between the people there. I for one, feel like it has room to grow with more people in it.

yeah, everyone from Skippy’s group wanted to keep it pointedly nameless. Daone, Ripskies, Skippy, Cynnerthia, and that’s too many people for me to just go ahead and name it anyway. so to get around that, i named my tree Nisroch, but i still wont make any full on advertisement about it ://

Well you and the people who want a named town, can come and join Pixel Gate and help it grow :slight_smile:

1 Like

nobody but me wants one, and i dont want to move my stuff that much. but i may make a small portal house and move the portal away from my shop

1 Like

I’m a happy dual citizen. There’s a bunch of really great people in both places :slight_smile: I’ll be doing the first episode of my PixelGate build sometime next week :smile:

1 Like

@Smooth-Slick i found you

1 Like

Welcome @Smooth-Slick :smiley: I’m sure I’ll be seeing you around!

Thanks! I’m looking forward to getting set up! Although it thinking of having my home base in the unnamed town (I’m personally calling it ‘Redwood’) I want to set up a shop eventually in pixel gate. Will I get a second beacon at some point to make this possible?

3 Likes

I love the name. That’s my home base too. I have the treehouse by the foot of the mountain. I have some videos of the build on the forums if you can’t find it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can craft a beacon in the workbench, if I’m not mistaken it was glass and something else.

Glass is crafted with compact silt and sand in the furnace. And you obtain compact silt by compacting silty soil in the compactor.

2 Likes

http://boundlesscrafting.com/crafting/beacon-control

Materials are actually less than what’s on there (I’ve not imported the latest files yet!)

3 Likes

you can always refer to it by my tree (considering that’s where the portal is) as Nisroch. Redwood isn’t bad thogh

The passive aggressiveness in this thread is sickening.

I want to straighten a few things out, because they have not been asked to us:

1. xanotos, this is not your village,we are not calling is nisroch, we call it unincorporated because people know what that means. nobody likes nisroch.

2. we like our name, because we don’t have a “boss”. we don’t have to listen on HOW to set things up, or where to put them, or how to act. Some people prefer organization, some prefer organics.

3. once again, it’s nobodies city. no matter, how long you’ve been there, A lot of other people have thrown in many hours into their own builds or helping others as well, and it’s coming along great, without the worry or pressure of becoming a capital, which isn’t even in the game yet :stuck_out_tongue: We’ll figure out that sometime when it does if we decide we want to compete for a capital on a starter world.

4. the city wasn’t posted to the forums, because of the constant nagging for plot donations, or coal donations, or hey come to my city instead. (I’ve heard a few complaints) We also didn’t want a whole bunch of dead plots hanging around.

5. If you want to act like you are the “leader” of our gathering. we will buy all the plots around your base and encase it in wood. we don’t have time or patience for it, just get along with us, and don’t try to tell us what to do :slight_smile:

6. smooth-slick. we have 0 restrictions on whatever, just try not to crowd people with your build, and feel free to do whatever you wish, we are pretty friendly, just dont ask people for items left and right. (if you are too close, people have been friendly enough to ask you to move)

7. I have not posted my videos, or information here because I am strongly against self advertising, all my channel have grown organically, it’s not something I practice :(.

I edited this because it was too wordy, and diverted from the points :slight_smile:

Skippy I’m not naming the town after my tree. IM NAMING MY TREE.

3 Likes