Random Sound disappearance

I am having a sound issue. Has happened only within last roughly 2 weeks. At first only 10-15 minutes. At the moment i am going over 2 hours of no sound. and each time it is completely random. I have been in fights and even just sitting in the base idle.

Every other game i have tried and browser sounds all work 100%.
When it comes back majority of the time i am fighting creatures.
Restarting PC and/or game makes no difference.

I am not sure what Info youre wanting, So replay and ill copy paste or upload any file needed.

This is a custom built rig.
Intel 6700k
16GB Ram (8GBx2) Gigabyte
MoBo GA-Z170XP-SLI
EVGA Geforce GTX 1080Ti

I am running off motherboard sound with up to date driver. No after market card.

+1

I have this issue too. I think the amount of sound channels in use gets overloaded and some sounds end up being dropped. It could also be a bug though, because the issue starts happening when a lot of potentials sounds could play but then it persists until I restart my client.

1 Like

I’ve had this happen before a while back on ps4. Haven’t experienced it lately, maybe since 2 patches ago. But at times all sounds would stop playing. Had to check my tv volume and it was indeed turned up. Other times only hammer sounds wouldn’t work. I could hear my own footsteps but hammers produced no sound. Restarting the game seemed to fix it for the times i bothered to restart

I had this happen after mining for a while and then there were some nature sounds in the background and I noticed that some of my mining strikes would not make a sound, or lacked some reverb. It did sound like it was hitting a maximum voice count.

i get the lack of sound mining at times on ps4 very annoying especially when worried going to hit lava

Me too. I was going to make this same thread.

PS4, north America

I occasionally get no sound chiseling during storms and during a long mining session.

I get this all the time and have to restart the game because it doesn’t rectify itself. I’m on PC.

And while we’re on the subject of sounds… None of the Spanners have sound effects when being used to repair machines or coils. Well, the stone spanner has sounds but none of the others do. (Iron, Gold etc.).

Happens regularly on PS4 as well.

Just ambient noises seem to stay, animal, digging noises etc all go dead.

What Speaker Type options did you have the game set to (this can be found in Settings -> Audio)? I imagine it may not have any dramatic effect on the actual issue itself, but it would be interesting to find out all the same.

Mine is whatever defaults on ps4. Has happened with tv speakers as well as when my headphones are plugged in

Same as Venom above. I’m on PC though but I’ve never played with the speaker type options. So, whatever is default is what mine is set at. If it helps, if the system auto detects input, I don’t use headsets and just have a small set of stereo speakers.

I have this bug since i started playing, roughly 2k Hours ago.
With the newest patch i set my Output to headphones and will see if it still occurs.
While i am here, is anyone actuallyreading our ingame Reports? I report this on a regular base together with reporting a griefing Player and nada happened so far.
@vdragon

No changes from default audio settings; speaker type set to “Stereo”.

I had this happen to me for the first time last night at the tail end of a truly epic play session, so the theory that this is related to doing something a lot seems legit.

It was my hammer sounds that sometimes didn’t play and I was experimenting with colors in a build so placing and smacking tons of stones. Also looted a build like a locust from top to bottom :innocent:. Lots of dismantling functional blocks

Default setting for me whatever that might be on ps4.

Happened again last night. Going to sanctum and back and forth doesn’t fix it. Everything goes silent except ambient effects. Did die a couple of times to spitters and hoppers as you cannot hear them attacking.

It randomly comes back again sometimes and sometimes when mining, the rock hitting sounds sound like they are a million miles away, barely audible

I do use both TV speakers and equal headphones to play

quite annoying when hunting to be honest but with mining it does save me getting twitches from hearing thousands of rock bashing noises :stuck_out_tongue:

For the most recent replies, was this occurring before or after the update yesterday? There was a sound-related fix listed in the release notes.

Last night was after the update.

Mine was happening the night before the most recent release. I remember wondering if it was related to that and then going oh yeah that release isn’t out yet

Thanks for the reply, I’ll pass your comments onto the dev who does the audio.