Rarity of new liquids ... not always available to all

What if it’s meant for all players :scream: :slight_smile:

I’m a semi-casual player. If I’m lucky I get to play for a couple of hours a night. Sometimes not though.

Whilst that is very kind of you, I don’t think it’s a sustainable solution. It’s also nice that you have so many that you can just give them away. I assume you’re on all the time so people can come to you anytime and take you up on that offer?

6 Likes

Which idea was crazy? And for whom? Probably not so crazy for those that never manage to get onto an exo before all those resources are gone :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

I’m not on all the time, I also juggle a full time job whilst getting to play. So your assumption would be wrong.

I do have a nice amount of both though, as I said, I got to both exos late and still managed to end up getting a good amount of resources. So I don’t understand the complaints truthfully.

1 Like

Agreed, as a casual player (not by choice) this game is not taylored to us. And that is fine and understandable.

I’m happy to wait for the resources to become more common place and a little cheaper in the market, then I will focus on farming. As a casual player I have to have a casual attitude…

7 Likes

I went to the recent T4 lush exoworld. I’m a casual player and I was in no rush to get the “rare” stuff. I was mainly looking for some pretty dirt and foliage for my farm. BUT if i chance upon some resin or petrolim, I don’t mind striking it rich.

3 Likes

The issue being outlined here though is that even some of the most hardcore players in the game have yet to get any substantial amount of the new fluids if any. It’s just a handful each time.

1 Like

But it’s meant to be a material that is hard to come by. It’s a commodity of sort. It isn’t needed, but is extremely helpful.

Just to clear up, it’s 15 petrolim for a mass craft of fertilizer. Which would spray 5000 crops. Again, I don’t see the issue here?

1 Like

Not everyone wants it for the fertilizer. It’s also used for seed yield increase on 2 separate crops when solidified.

Then there are some like me that want to build with it

5 Likes

I’m not in game right now, but how much fertilizer is output in a mass craft, if you don’t mind me asking?

Is it 100 sprays per fertilizer, 50 fertilizer for Mass craft, getting us the 5000 sprays per mass craft?

I don’t think anyone is ‘complaining’ about this, just discussing issues with how it is spawned. I myself have plenty of the new fluids even though I haven’t been able to gather them myself.

And you seem to have had luck on your side with the exo spawns and the new fluids. Some of us have not.

3 Likes

This pretty much sums up the point of this thread as there are others that didn’t get any. I’m glad you got some though.

A little disclaimer here… I saw the Exos spawn in, so I could have gotten more of the resource. I chose not to as I have some already and don’t need anymore just yet. This whole thread is not a complaint from me, but an idea to give others a fighting chance to get to the Exos and actually find some of those resources after the first 1-2 hours.

15 Likes

You get 10 fertalizers, which each have 500 sprays.

1 Like

Most of us casual players don’t care about fert because faster maturing doesn’t matter when we aren’t online. I’d venture to say we mostly want it for building.

9 Likes

Okay awesome thank you!!!

2 Likes

But then you could say the same thing with rift and blink then? It would always be nice to build with high end materials. It’s not always that easy though

Hence why I am not building with blink and rift.

5 Likes

The main issue is the devs intentionally made them rare commodities. Luck plays a large part in how successful you are at acquiring them. Any changes that affect that outcome ruins the spirit of the competition.

1 Like

Rift and blink are not gone in the first hour or even days of a planet spawning. You can go on the last day and still pull several hundred.

4 Likes

Point I’m trying to make is, the exos have been spawning at roughly 6-8pm in each time zone.

If you can’t be online to get said resources then that’s nobody else’s fault?

Join the PS discord, you get pinged as soon as new exos are added. Everyone is on a level playing field. It’s not as if others have an advantage over others.

Edit: I even woke up at 2am one morning to catch an exo, and had to go to work at 6am. Put the time in, get rewarded. :man_shrugging:t3:

To much of the new toys are locked behind a hardcore barrier.

New blocks like marble? Better grind yourself to death. As if bricks weren’t painful enough.

New gems like rift? Better go to time limited, laggy exo with a bunch of toxic player that try to kill you. Thanks, I pass.

New block colors? Only available on time limited exos. Better collect 100 SS just in case you want to build with them some time in the future. I can hardly motivate myself to farm the rocks I immediately need for bricks.

New gleam colors for your color spray farm? Better farm every new exo when it is available.

New liquids? Basically this thread.

All new toys are hardcore content.

Oh, and want to buy something like the new liquids? Better use an out of game web site to find a shop that sells it. If that’s not hardcore I don’t know.

I have over 1800 hours played but I consider myself casual on most parts. I did some hardcore things, like scouting Besevrona for the best regen farm locations. That took 2 weeks and especially the gravel at alt 20ish did take time… :slight_smile: So, yes, I can do it. But that doesn’t mean I want to.

12 Likes