"REDUCE" low level ore from high level planets?

Yeh but you don’t know anything about Boundless. Maybe once you get settled in a base and hit 100+ hours played, I’ll listen to you :fist_right::boom::fist_left:

3 Likes

I used to view iron and copper as a waste product when I was looking for gems, but now I mine on high tier worlds for iron and copper, and if I happen to get some gems that’s just an added bonus. I use it for building I don’t see the point of it.

Now titanium, what am I supposed to do with this worthless metal? Yeah sure, it’s “rare” but I am well beyond titanium tools at this point in the game, and it isn’t practical to build with since you have to sacrifice your silver and gold just to do anything with it.

Does anybody use titanium…? Unless you want to make power coils or something I just don’t see the point of keeping it.

1 Like

I personally wouldn’t mind tiered rarity of metals, but I do also find myself mining copper and iron and all when finding gems or fossils or coal. I guess I’m trying to say I’m kinda indifferent. That said, noobs could possibly benefit, and there’ll always be someone who can forge low level aoe tools for people, even if it’s just me hahaha

1 Like

I use titanium tools while building and sell forged titanium tools at low tier farms. Mega brews also use titanium but it’s a pretty small amount. I’m also planning on bringing to market T1 - T7 AoE budget tools so it’s a slight misconception that low tier tools aren’t worth it. But admittedly only part of the T1/T2 tools are titanium so there isn’t that much use for it.

But you can build with it and we have more decorative blocks coming in :thinking:

Perhaps there is an issue with the titanium crafting process? I’m to too familiar with it but I guess you need Silver/Gold to make Titanium Alloy -> Titanium Building Block?

If that is the case then maybe removing the requirement of the silver/gold to make the titanium alloy is a suggestion for the devs? :slight_smile:

@james (I don’t like tagging the devs, my bad)

2 Likes

This remonds me of a post I did ages back in the “What turns you off playing Boundless?” thread.

3 Likes

I think the devs could look at the real metrics and see if it really is a problem. Cause personally I only use just a bit of gold when building, and the only other use for gold/silver I have is titanium. If titanium didn’t require it anymore I’d be throwing gold/silver away :smiley:

1 Like

Wow. I thought I was reading my own post when I read that lol, how weird we had the same idea :joy:

1 Like

Or you could throw it to your friendly neighbourhood squid. :squid:

1 Like

I would like this idea.

1 Like

Yeh definitely, the metrics would answer that question for sure :slight_smile: Would you rather have to use the Silver/Gold or would you rather sell it? Like to someone who wants to build with it or make tools for low level Iron/Copper farming? :wink:

I actually use titanium tools alot. Well atleast hammers and shovels. Also I mine for iron on higher level world’s alot.

1 Like

I’d rather sell it ofc :smiley: But I suspect titanium is an important part of copper/iron & silver/gold sinks, they’d keep piling even more if titanium didn’t require it. But maybe that could be balanced by this very suggestion, though it wouldn’t be a simple thing to get the spawn and usage rates balanced.

1 Like

I keep all my copper and iron. I use for prestige hidden behind walls and in corners.

1 Like

I’d just add compact titanium blocks so we have an alternative to titanium alloy for building.

Fair enough, I have 0 opinion on prestige - hide it in a Wildstock for all I care :joy:

1 Like

I think on low tier worlds you get less iron etc. per block, so it’s nice that high tier worlds have it.

I know, I aint worried about prestige enough to mess up my build. But i sneak them into corners where no one will ever see lol.

1 Like

That’s my point, reverse that

If I could get the same ore per block on a low tier world I would absolutely mine there with my AoE diamond chainsaw hammer!

1 Like