Regen Bombs, Botting and the Economy

I’v played since release and knew about regen farming very very early. The video was about keybinding to make it EVEN easier so your hand hurt less. If you keep adding without taking away thing that need taking away you put a death death sentence on a game. Eventually making things pointless. Sorry but none of that reply was correct.

I bring it up now because I have recently created a Peaty Soil farm that you could AFK with no brews/special food and get full inventory in 11 minutes whilst making a cup of tea and taking a pee. Rinse and repeat. Something the devs don’t want I’m sure of it

1 Like

You are targeting bots, do you think bots care about time? Lets say I can setup a bot to farm for me for 30 minutes and get me an inventory of gleam, now an update comes and regen takes an extra minute, what is it to stop me from coding a bot that waits a minute after every regen? Now I just have to leave it alone maybe for 2 hours and then what?

2 Likes

Your maths is wrong.

Ok how much extra time? you want a bot that stays there for more time? my point is that you wont stop bots with an increase of time.

1 Like

@Cuetzpalomitl beat me too it. You are fighting a group of people who are getting something for no time spent. Lowering our ability as active players just gives them more selling power. Its not hard to add a wait time into a script.

3 Likes

Try 30 hours per inventory. Does that seem worth botting? :joy:

1 Like

Why not? Its free and costs nothing if they are PS4 users on a second pc account.

Edit: And to make it more apparent. Thats one free inventory load every three weekdays while someone is at work.

2 Likes

Come on Peyago, I think you just want an argument. Surely you understand it won’t effect the game if a bot takes 30 hours to get 1 inventory of gleam supposed to every 30 minutes? Come on mate

For a human it’s not worth it. For a machine it is and even more if people won’t be doing it and will be paying more for that resource

4 Likes

I’m not really sure what you aren’t getting to be honest, so I’m going to leave it here. I’ll let them try to explain it to you.

1 Like

Maybe we can PM if you want an actual conversation instead of just acting like I’m missing some super obvious thing that you can’t actually explain

1 Like

Another side effect, within the current game mechanics, of eliminating the ability to instant regen things( atleast on Exo’s) would likely be less location sharing. Some might tend to just save the location of rare resources (like if only a few gleam spots on an Exo) clear it and not share where they found it so they could go back later and get it again.

I think in the end, based on current game mechanics, the best thing would be a way for the Devs to detect those that are committing unattended gameplay and deal with those players as suggested in several responses above.

5 Likes

Sure, I’ll send a PM in a minute.

1 Like

Oh okay. That makes sense. I dont think I have seen a botter before then.

Punish the bots, not the humans

6 Likes

As much as I am opposed to botting regenable mats I also do not want to have to spend even more time trying to gather items that are already a pain to get with regen bombs.

Nerfing this would not make me very happy.

Something else needs to be done about botting, but have no idea what that would be, but this is not it

5 Likes

Leave regen bombs how they are and contact the brotherhood of steal about the bots. Problem solved

Am jealous of that, a friend of mine can go mindlessly regen farm like that as well, all on autopilot while watching shows and such. I am unable to do such a thing and also do not enjoy it one bit.

To be honest I’ve thought at times that it does not much differ from using a bot, people like me who are unable to do it on autopilot like that (I can’t watch a show fully engaged while doing other things but also I can’t see what I’m doing in game which I somehow can’t allow myself to do either) could use bots to even the playing field. I tried it a few times, still hated it, I still kept looking at it if it was still doing the right things so it almost felt the same as if I was trying to do it myself anyway so I stopped doing it.

Perhaps something needs to be done about botting, but if regen bombs get nerfed and I want a bunch of xx and do it the slow way, ie. myself with full attention, then I would hate it with a passion if the regen bombs would not work. I never can do such things for a long time, if it takes me even longer, blech…

Honestly that is how I prefer to gather gleam on an exo anyway if the exo allows me to. Find a spot with a lot of gleam areas and go from one to the other. I find it gosh awfully boring to be standing in the same spot doing the same things over and over.

Even when I gathered growth I rather did it that way, often enough I go to a farm and then go outside right away and gather there, much more fun to me.

But plenty of things aren’t available in those amounts so am glad I still can get a few more than the single spot would otherwise allow me. I also have a bunch of regen farms, when I’m in need of the items in question I perhaps go over it a handful of times but if I had to go outside for it and try to find another spot for the stuff, yikes, no thanks!

1 Like

How about keeping regen bombs as they are now and they ADD something that is way, way more fun to do AND which also nets you way more mats in the end?

I am all for such a solution!

But it’s rather hard to detect botting. Is someone botting or playing the game on autopilot while doing other things? The game can’t also not try to detect botting software, one can write a new piece of code that won’t be detected or use a streaming way from one device to the next so the actual botting software doesn’t run on the same device as the game, etc., etc.

Best way is if the devs come up with a fun way to gather the same mats in a much faster way, people will stop botting in a heart beat :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think the existence of the chrysominter means the devs want people to endlessly farm stuff - no? Personally I thought the chrysominter was an awful idea when it was introduced, but it was promised it would pay 10% of market value and that prices would auto adjust as items were sold to it. Neither of those happened.

Anyway, too late to go back on that now without making a ton of people quit. Mistakes were made.

Personally I don’t chrysomint. And when I regen farm I’m actually present. Though frequently with a controller wedged in the couch cushions.

In Minecraft mods you can build a mining rig that mines an area out for you and sorts collected items into chests for you. Might be better.

Game needs creative mode. It’s already too grindy. It’s impossible for anyone but the super rich to build something cool. For example, I’m working on a new city (the new player center) and it’s going to cost probably 30 million in mats, and that’s with me and others already regen farming and mining a majority of the mats. The 30 million is all in stuff like tools, combustion, kindling, glue, orbs, gold etc.