Release: 102 - Textures update

New Features:

• Added new textures (with normal, specular and emissive maps) for most blocks, with multiple tiling styles in case where there are more than one texture per-block.
  • Added env-map reflections to specular portions of blocks (not a true reflection of world, just for extra detailing).
  • Added texture blends between natural blocks (grass onto dirt, dirt onto stone etc) and shaded blends on certain block types like lamps against natural blocks that allow for much more seamless visual transitions between blocks.
  • Added new texture for grass, and added additional tree foliage decorating leaf blocks in the near-ground.
  • Added additional performance control to options to disable normal/specular/emissive mapping whilst keeping per-pixel lighting.
  • Gleam crystals have different light colors.
  • Up chat distance to 100m.
  • Added rotation to certain block types, these blocks can now be placed on their sides in one of two extra directions and is controlled by what surface you place the block onto: Place it on the ground, and it sticks up out of the ground (default orientation), place it onto a wall and it sticks out of that wall (on it’s side). Note that this only affects the texturing of the block, not its physical characteristics. In the case of block types like Stone which are textured in columns, when placed on their side they will be textured as rows instead.
    • Clay Bricks
    • Stone
    • Stone Chunks
    • Stone Bricks
    • Stone Glyph Bricks
    • Granite
    • Twisted Trunk
    • Ancient Trunk
    • Twisted Timber
    • Twisted Timber Slabs
    • Ancient Timber
    • Ancient Timber Slabs
  • Tweaks made to sun/god-rays/lens-flare brightness and colours to better match new textures and color palettes.
  • Tweaks made to sky/cloud brightnesses and HDR to keep world lighting more normalized and remove a previous HDR hack which led to inconsistent lighting when stood in a light/dark area looking at the same scenery.
  • Added new model for doors. The new model shows the axis of rotation so you might find that you need to rebuild some doors.
  • Added trap door block. Trap doors can be placed in a high or low position (like slabs). Trap doors can be created up to 2 wide and 8 deep and like doors they can be paired to open and close together.

Fixes:

• Fixed a bug where 3 doors could open with one click. Players will probably need to destroy and rebuild any old double doors in order to get them to open together.
  • Stairs are now consistently textured so that they look the same regardless of their direction.
  • Fix a rare bug to do with inventory.
  • Fix for a lighting bug on water.
  • Fix a bug in HDR lighting for non-ATI graphics card.
8 Likes

guys could you please stop swapping the colours everytime you update :frowning: i have now red gleam instead of my usual blue gleam and the grass in folva is blue instead of red …

1 Like

Might it be night? Because in the most worlds the gpink grass seems blue at night

Hey well, is it normal that double Doors doesn’t open together anymore?

no its not night …

This is the first colour change we’ve made. We have to do these things now and then. It’s not often as simple as keeping them exactly the same – we want to make the game better :wink:

Multicoloured Gleam was the biggest request we’ve had yet – adding that meant giving the worlds different colours, You’ll be able to find Blue Gleam on another world and replace it though. There should be every colour you need across all the worlds, you’ll have to seek them out or ask on the forums.

2 Likes

1: the server laggs like crazy, and its not my internet or computer.
2: the wood that you have placed before the update looks way darker
Hope this can get fixed

yeah i get that. i like the new style really but the colour change somewhat catched me off guard.

1 Like

You have to re-build the doors (look at the log at “fixes”) :wink:

2 Likes

Very nice
but all my white twisted tree trunks are black now
(until I break them and replace them then they’re white again)

Nevermind I reloaded the game and they were fine

BUG: Healing Block is missing it’s texture

Time to build me a trapdoor.

I know you guys need to do what you need to do, but I really miss my grass color :cry:!

***wait a sec… stone glyph bricks… HOW!

1 Like

Wasn’t it pink before?

Good day!
I have an question. Can you return shape of foliage like it’s on picture?

And please remove all leafs from lowest foliage level in settings. It’s really scaring me

1 Like

I like the new leafs ._. What’s wrong with them?

1 Like

Or have both?

If you choose lowest foliage settings, you see three-five leafs on blocks near you. New foliage is fine on high settings, but in another case it’s very ugly.
And here I have main interest in shape of box’s texture.

1 Like

Hey! We’re probably not going to be adding this option (onwards and upwards and all that) but we’ll be adding new foliage types in future updates. So it’s not going to be the only kind.

2 Likes

I mean levels of foliage settings: huge amount of leafs on top level and no leafs on lower. Why not? :wink: