Sorry fellow Oortians! The servers are going down for about 3 hours on Monday, Nov 16th so that we can do this update.
London Time (GMT): Mon, Nov 16th - 10:00 to 13:00
Other time zones
- CET: Mon, Nov 16th - 11:00 to 14:00
- AEDT: Mon, Nov 16th - 20:00 to 23:00
- EST: Mon, Nov 16th - 5:00 to 8:00
- PST: Mon, Nov 16t - 2:00 to 5:00
- Updated renderer to LOD the vertically and much improved occlusion cuts down on the amount rendered in most cases… Too technical for me
- The held torch has a flame visual effects.Yes, it was not a flash
- Character models from the latest trailer can now be selected. Yes, the characters in the trailers were real!
- Improved portal rendering, entities will now be clipped against portals so that they don’t poke through the back-sides of portals, and be rendered on both sides of the portals so that whilst walking through your player remains whole. It will look realistic like the real portals…
- Type the first letter of a world name in the worlds menu to find worlds more quickly. It will save you split seconds.
- MacOS 64 bit support. I am sure everyone was waiting for this…maybe…
- Replaced the bird with a different model. It flies so fast! Can you spot the difference?
- Fix hand-held light sources to work through portals and be offset to
the correct animated position of the item in your characters hand.
- Most worlds lowered by 1 to fix sea levels to be a multiple of 16. If you seen the lines across the seas, this fixes it.
- Edge of the world now bounded on the original world sizes. Sorry, if you have build your home beyond the edge of the world, you will be
P.S. I heard from a grapevine that early versions of be… and tr… are com… Ops… need to keep my mouth shut…