Release 152: WIP Grapple, Metal Seams and more!

And what is the Oortian government doing with our taxes? I see no public works or services :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Haha yeah I didn’t know this, outrageous!

Even more reason to remove currency altogether and switch to trading plinths :wink: (I know it’ll never happen)

It all goes into maintaining the arrangements of the planets and preventing them from ripping eachother apart due to massive tidal forces from being so close to eachother. You ever seen a planet in real life?? Venus has been in the sky recently, and it doesn’t appear much bigger/brighter than a star :wink:

10 Likes

Man, I’d hate to see what would happen if they had to make drastic budget cuts :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

yes it seems like a spider web, if you use all 8 at the same time ^^ this was pretty funny, but this is a long time ago XD

1 Like

This sounds an awful lot like ordinary daily quests.
So I’ll probably have to spend my time with grinding my daily dose of chores in order to get coin, instead of spending the time how I’d like to.

I’d much rather have the coins passively dropping from monsters/ores than that…

That sounds like more of a grind if the aim is to get more gold.

The objectives are optional and give players short term goals and a loose form of guided progression if they want to do it. The aim is to make it a small offering in terms of rewards in comparison to the value of drops from blocks and creatures which can be sold to other players or used to craft items that can sell for more coin.

Agreed, the objective based coin sources are just to balance out the existing coin sinks with a way back in.

Our main source of coins would or should be player trading :slight_smile:

Since you said grind, is there any changes to how skills level? I feel like if I want to level Attacker/Builder/Crafter/Trader I have to grind them to get anywhere.

We still want players to get experience from performing tasks for that role. Objectives will certainly be more efficient in how you earn EXP for each role.

1 Like

I agree. However, I feel like the action you do in each role should be some meaning. Example, if I craft a ruby hammer I get the same XP as crafting timber. It would be cool if XP would be based off difficulty of the task not just doing a task. If I place a rare/expensive block I should get more XP than placing a rock.

That would be really cool and it is something we want to do. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Still getting impact damages from walking into doors, is it because i’m too tall? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I haven’t been able to recreate that issue. Could you explain the set up please, or do you have a video of this?

I can get stuck in doors if I stand too close but I have never be damaged by it.

Afraid not, it’s only happened at most 5 times and not very consistent. Seems to be opening a door or walking near an open door.

Has hit me for at least 1k damage up to 2k damage.

It’s only happened on a certain design i’ve made in my fort if you want to come check it out? :wink:

These are the chaps, got 4 set up the same way and it’s happened on at least 2 of them if not all.

@luke-turbulenz still getting this issue, just got hit for 10k after i removed a door, just walked near the wall and got stuck floating into the wall – then hit for 10k