This update is accessible via the “Live” release of Boundless on Steam.
Please restart Steam to make sure you get the latest version of Boundless. If the update happens whilst Steam is open it’s unlikely you’ll get the latest version.
This release reworks the configuration of the Portal rendering to allow more ports to be open simultaneously.
- Art + Animation + Assets:
- Adding in 3rd person spanner and beacon plotter animations to the playable character.
- Crafting + Resources + Equipment:
- Fix for totem accepting an iron slingbow as ammo.
- Fix for placing 2 slabs together of different types/colours.
- Creatures + Combat:
- Considering the Y coordinate in the compass creature position visualisation.
- Fix sudden stop in cuttletrunk death animation during its fall.
- GUI + HUD:
- Added new compass entry when the creature is dead and the player haven’t picked up the drop items.
- Improved the compass entries management to give more priority to the entries in front of the players.
- Improvements to active portal logics. There should no longer be issues with a portal not opening purely because there are other portals nearby, and it should never be the case that you cannot get a portal to activate because of there being other portals nearby. We now allow more portals to become active, with draw distance / terrain-detail levels being dynamically scaled down as more portals become active.
- Reduce the amount of websocket data received by ~3x.
Resolved Known Issues:
The following items were known issues in previous releases and have now been resolved.
- Cannot click left arrow on various game options.
The following items are known issues in this release.
- Assigning both mouse buttons to ‘Use Left Hand Option’ will disable the left mouse button.
- Buying plinths that had wanted items set before v151 have unset them. Sorry. Going forward they will be fine.
- Cannot close Inventory when Chat is used.
- Cannot sell some items even if the tint matches on a Buying Plinth.
- Chat text overlaps with HUD Text in the centre of the screen.
- Entity rendering will not always work correctly when there are multiple warps very close together, or where a warp opens up to a location very near where the entrance is.
- [new] Game displays welcome message for a world through a portal without going through it.
- Gem grappling hooks retract automatically when hanging.
- Item placed into buying plinth will disappear when placing the same item into storage.
- Item wanted is completely different to what was placed there before on the buying plinth.
- [new] Menus may constantly reappear on screen after closing them.
- Opening or closing doors and trapdoors when standing too close to them will restrict player movement. To get out of the situation, interact with the door or trapdoor again.
- [new] Portal Configuration menu does not show correct planet name when using the appropriate portal token.
- Portal UI text overflows when the portal token name is very long.
- Shift-clicking an item from the selling plinth will show odd numbers and will not always go in the shopping basket.
- Shift-clicking and dragging on the coin icons from within the trading menus may cause a crash.
- Smart stack icon does not have the same tint as the items within the smart stack itself.
- Some Extractor machines lack animation.
- Some interactive blocks (crafting table, machine, beacon control) have become corrupted during the migration. This will result in at best those blocks not being able to be interacted with, at worst the game crashing when interacting with those blocks. To fix the issue the block(s) in question need to be re-placed. In the case of anything other than a beacon control the block can simply be broken, picked up, and then re-placed. In the case of a beacon control this will work, although it would result in all the plots having to be re-placed one at a time and during that process the contents being unprotected. A better workaround for a beacon control is to craft a new beacon control, place that, and then break the old one, which will keep the beacon’s plots placed throughout the process.
- Some menu options are cut off at the top and bottom.
- Speech bubbles may still be displayed above players after going through portals.
- The recipes are not final.
- Z-fighting with some items (workbench and other machines) when placed underwater.