Release 158 - Report issues here

I found a problem with the storage blocks. When I tried to place a wall from the storage blocks, it became impossible to place the blocks in a certain place. It happened on the border of the plots, I think, but maybe this is not the reason. I did not check it somewhere else but on my opposite wall there is no such problem. As I found out in this case, the symptom can be cured by turning the block, but the reason I do not understand.
To the post I attach a video with annotations.

check it on opposite wall and there is have same issue when blocks looks on North!

On Septerfon, location [80, 171, 771], on a set of sedimentary stone cliff faces, it blocks me from running into a hole i make.

I try to run into that hole, 1 wide, 3 tall, and it blocks me, and i start gaining a little bit of height for no reason. I havenā€™t had this problem previously when iā€™ve mined these cliff faces. but today 3/12/17 i have.

i tried making it 2x3 but it still happened until i jumped. i dont know why.

1 Like

It seems like the small ramp is forming a slightly higher wall than should be there, but walking out of the hole is no problem. just getting into the hole, up the ramp.

I have been having the opposite problem with ramps - you say you started to gain height, sometimes if I stand on a corner of a sloped black and mine another close by block I feel myself start to lose height and slide - after ā€œsliding on the spotā€ for a few seconds it then comes up with ā€œyou diedā€.

I got a screenshot of the approximate position I was standing when it happened on another ruin but itā€™s also happened at my home base so itā€™s not location specific. I was standing on the bottom corner of the sloped refined white brick and mined the decorative block to the left - then died.

Sounds like a similar issue to what @Dzchan94 experienced near the top of this thread. Did the environment eventually render correctly afterwards?

A bug has been logged for this. I had a look at this in-game, and it seems that a lot of the portals were built very close to walls, which will likely cause issues like the one in the screenshot. Is that the correct assumption?

3 Likes

Was this only a problem with Boundless or does it occur with any other Steam games?

It did eventually, although it took a very long time. I turned my chunk download rate to max which seems to have helped a little. Maybe just a bottleneck when portalling from server to server too quickly. From what I hear, the recent area caching in the pipeline should help alleviate this further.

Absolutely correct. Maybe something is required here to detect if the portal is blocked on the exiting side and pop you out the other side instead? No idea how feasible that would be though.

2 Likes

On a related note, is it possible to change the direction of portals with the chisel?

Iā€™ve made a portal facing the wrong way and donā€™t want to spend 50 shards recreating (I also donā€™t know how to place the blocks to get portal facing the way I want anyway).

1 Like

Just to check, are those your beacons or are they someone elseā€™s?

Sounds like a physics issue. Were you able to go through that hole eventually.

You can go through portals on both sides. Or did you mean rotating them 90 degrees? If so, you cannot rotate portals once you open them.

I mean flipping the way the exit/entrance to the portal faces 180 degrees. For example if you have a portal up against a wall, you might open it up facing the wall but want to flip it so you can see outwards.

Itā€™s not possible to do that in the game, but itā€™s an idea that could be passed along to the designers to have a look at.

1 Like

I was only able to go into the hole if I jumped ā€œoverā€ the little invisible wall, raised high enough to walk over it, or if I kind wiggled left and right.

Iā€™d really like this feature please :slight_smile: two of my portals are facing the wrong way

Donā€™t know if it was because I only made a new setting for B<ā€¦ But even if : I now could save the settings ^^

I think I found out the reason:
The curse of thirty storage blocks looking at the north :scream:

No matter how they are located there must be thirty in a bundle and they should all look at the North, those who will not look at the North are not count.
yes itā€™s mine beacon, mine only :grinning:

I am actually having the same issue as Xakorik. It seems to me that it is only the iron bars that are doing this (I have tested this out with the other bars to see if this was an issue but it wasnā€™t). I have a roughly 20 bars of iron, 10 of them will stack on top of each other, then there are 2 or 3 singletons and the rest are smart stacked on their own, creating 4 smart stacks instead of just 1 smart stack.

Another issue is that I keep getting this really high pitched buzzing sound whenever I go into a cave. It happens at least once when I first enter the cave and goes on for a good 15 seconds (rendering me temporarily deaf, its so josh darn loud lol). Then, if I warp back to sanctum and back into the cave, it will automatically replay that high pitched buzz.

The whole(!) blocks and items are buggy in smart stacks. The full stack is 891, but I have a lot of full stacks of different stones and some of them are not even half of the declared size.