Release 158 - Report issues here

Thanks for the extra information, we will have a look to see if we can reproduce it on our end.

Could you post a screenshot of the problematic smart stack for us to take a look at?

With this sound issue you’re getting, what particular caves was it happening in? Were you doing anything inside them or did the music and ambient sound play up at any point? Also, what OS and hardware are you using?

Do you have examples of what items are affected, along with any screenshots if possible?

Later I’ll make screenshots and post them (smart stacks).

And a little issue with shovel. Yesterday I found out that you can dig any refined rock and all blocks that craft from it like walls, slabs, decorative rocks and any gleam lantern with shovel faster(3 hit) than hammer(~6 hit). What is very strange because the shovel is not for this)) Or it should be like this!?

I get the silly smart stack problem as well. mostly happens with smelted ores, so, metals, mostly with iron and silver for me, and rock. i have a full smart stack of sedimentary rock, but 3 of the blobs are only about 50 instead of 99, and if i take them out of the stack, then put back into the stack, they do not combine and overflow into the next spot, they just fill in the empty spot i just took them out of.

and the metals mostly happen when i have the number 18 or 27. dont know why. i silver in a smart stack, with other metals, and the iron is in 79, and 99, and 10, wont combine. silver in 18 and 27. will not combine.

What kind of shovel and hammer were you using? It might be that you were using a strong shovel and a weak hammer.

Was Storage being used at this point, or was the issue occurring solely with the inventory only?

The smart stack happened in my inventory and went into storage. So it happened in both.

When I initially picked up the silver and iron it did not stack. (the first stack of iron had probably been in storage before)

It’s both sapphires

sorry its Amethyst!

So this is how Boundless looks on a 2013 Mac Pro in Bootcamp Windows 8.1:

Runs fine in OS X on the same Mac, just not in Windows.

Would love to see this fixed please as there isn’t xbox controller support for boundless on OSX, Windows is my only option for the controller until you get round to OSX support

I inspected my resources and here are some of them that do not add up:

Door Piece

Trapdoor Piece

Storage Block

Plinth

Fibrous Leaf

Inky Leaf

Healing Brew

Cooked Meat

Compact Clay

Clay Soil

Peaty Soil

Sand

Gravel(orange)

Gravel(grey)

Lush Leaves

Exotic Leaves

Waxy Leaves

Verdant Grass Seed

Gnarled Grass Seed

Lustrous Wood Timber Step

Twisted Wood Trunk

Copper

Iron

Silver

Gold

Oort Shard

Compact Amethyst

Refined Metamorphic Rock Wall

Decorative Metamorphic Rock 1

Decorative Metamorphic Rock 2

Refined Metamorphic Rock

Metamorphic Stones

Refined Igneous Rock

Igneous Rock

Decorative Sedimentary Rock 2

Sedimentary Stones

Sedimentary Rock

Gleam

Gleam Lantern

It’s all stuff for that i have proof for now. There more of them buggy but i have now only these.

P.S. Doors maybe made of different wood, and maybe there are bought, I do not remember :relaxed:

It’s not a case of different strength tools. Refined and decorative rock blocks, and gleam lanterns, are more easily mined with a shovel than with a hammer. It’s been this way for As long as I can remember and catches pretty much everyone out :wink:

If you cover an item/loose block in a wall, it will not be pushed out the hole. It will instead go up to the first open block.

I prefer this behaviour though as the alternative could lead to items falling down holes in caves

This is true. But this leaves you on a potential hunt for lost items, especially if you are working in caves or a multi-floor structure. I found this out when I was 60 blocks under ground and losing lamps and machine parts.

The 1 single bar will not stack with the stack of 12. I have already used some of the other ones that did not stack.

These are my specs.

As far as the sound goes, it was soon after I entered the caves. It seems like it happens in every cave as well, regardless of what I am doing at the moment (I am usually just moving around when it starts).

I know this was brought up in a previous report but I can’t find it any more, so I’ll drop it here. There is an issue where you can’t claim a chunk because it “Would not be joined vertically to another plot”. This seem to be an issue when trying to claim a chunk that is beneath another claimed chunk but attached in line. This also occurs if you try to place a new beacon in one of those chunks.

So you could build a tower, but not a large spiral.

After some more testing, there was one chunk column that could not be claimed due to this but is had no vertical chunks interfering. Removing the beacon and reclaiming all appropriate chunks allowed me to claim the “odd” column, but still can’t make a claim under anything already claimed unless it is attached all the way down.

@Stretchious was it just those blocks that can be mined faster with any shovel, or are there any other examples?

Are you only running the game on a Mac that has both OS X and Windows? Do you also have access to Windows on a PC and if so, does the same problem happen on that too?

That’s very unusual behaviour. We’ll take a look at it.