Release 160 - Report issues here

Can you give some examples of what blocks that this is occurring on?

Yes Gold and Diamond Grapples Auto-Reel (kinda like the Hook Shot from Zelda)… they mentioned this a while back in a Release that added greater variance between the Grapples, but didn’t mention which ones =)

1 Like

Rubies… i could make a video if that helps ^^

I’ll let @olliepurkiss address this one.

A description will be fine, but feel free to provide a video if you prefer.

@olliepurkiss

It kinda looks like there’s some lag / desync going on… when i switch to any other tool it works flawlessly though… however i don’t have any gem / Ti tools to try on the Rubies themselves =/

Was the issue happening within the location of the video, or do you have any other example locations of it occurring elsewhere?

As you suspected, this is a back-end system with no front end. What you’re seeing is the critical hits system coming into play.

Any given hit has a chance of scoring a critical which increases the damage. The chance of this happening, and the effect on the damage it has is based on the tool / weapon as well as your character attributes and skills. Most of the time this will be a moderate chance of happening, and a moderate boost to damage, which should provide nice texture to the damage system.

With the gold tools and weapons though, I’m trying something a little different. As commented before, gold is a strange material to use for tools, but I think it’s cool to have, so I’m looking at balancing gold kit so it’s a bit of a wildcard. It has low durability, but massively high Critical Chance and Critical Effect attributes, so the results is quite unpredictable. It’s up to you to decide whether you want the solid dependency of a Titanium hammer, or the erratic, but possibly more effective Gold hammer. Bear in mind that with your character’s attributes and skills, and upgrades from the forge you could adjust the results too.

Once critical hits are displayed in the HUD, and the attributes are viewable in the GUI, this should all make more sense.

(ps Please bear with us while these changes go in, balance is tricky and there will be lumps along the way).

8 Likes

That is intentional, but there is nothing telling you. Also the balance needs a bit more work.

I’m thinking of just renaming those ones to be called “Hook Shot”.

6 Likes

Awesome! I look forward to seeing more!

4 Likes

Hoppers do not die in water, just slide on the surface and do not jump

Summary

And the spitters run underwater like on the ground, but lose health and die

Summary1

I think hoppers are supposed to float like a balloon. And yea spitters running in water bugs me too.

Reposting here:

So i was in Pixelgate market where i was trying to buy a total of 1k rocks at the same time netting a worth of 3000coins. and as i pressed purchase the money disapeared but the items stayed in the plinth. just wanted to let you guys at wonderstruck know that there might be a glitch involved.
First thought it was inventory lag delay so i tried a relog and the money was still gone but no items. Right now i dont have the money to really retest the whole scenario so i cant really give much more information.

no,no,no :sob: it’s a jumping grenade, which should drown like a stone i think or explode wen contact to the water

Mmm sonds suspiciously like my shop… the big temple-ish looking thing with a red roof?.. at least the price seems right. Depending on my availability, I can give you the missing stone ^^

1 Like

yea deff your shop then. haha!
i tried again with smaller amounts and that worked. so you got like 5-6k in there now :smiley: but dont worry about it, atleast now we know and it’s reported

When using the grapple. And typing in chat, whenever you press r, it will reel you in. As if you weren’t in the chat window.

Sorry I know the picture isn’t the best, but when I start the game and enter the sanctum my portal never connects to my start point. The error message in the debug states “Missing portal connection WarpSrc_playerstart use_c1_home WarpDst_playerstart_17333284728291204779”. I’m wondering if my profile got corrupted somehow or if I need to uninstall/reinstall. Any help appreciated!

What’s the location of the plinth?

Good catch! We’ve logged a bug.