Release 160 - Report issues here

Please report all issues discovered in Release 160 in this thread.

Lots of rubberbanding, slow network-message every few seconds on eu-server.
Staying still in my house, but tried dl-settings without any result.

Can you share a screen shot with the debugging enabled whilst the rubber banding is happening?

I think I am having a bug with the sound of the animal bodies disappearing when you hit them.

It sounds like someone dropped/banged a microphone on the floor and it’s really loud with 90% balance in the left ear.

I might be wrong but I am not sure it’s supposed to sound like that.

The patch also reset my plinths again to tint 1 - so looks like patches + crashes reset it, but normal logging in and out and travelling doens’t.

i have had the sound issue as well, BUT not the really loud or the left ear balance.

Tried again now 4 hour later, looks like its gone. Working fine again, i take a shot if it reappear.

I get this message when i use healing brew:

Heureka hits Heureka for nn damage.

1 Like

nice. i want to be able to hit myself and heal myself. my ankle would be healed much faster that way

2 Likes

I experience the same thing. It would be nice if I didn’t have to hit myself with a slab of meat every time I wanted to heal myself :wink:

this aint good enough for ya?

3 Likes

I think this began with release 159, but I’ll mention it anyway. It seems all iron tools will harvest any block equally as effective. For example, an iron axe will harvest a stone block in 4 hits, an iron hammer will harvest a sand block in 4 hits, and an iron shovel will harvest a stone block in 4 hits. It was my understanding previous to this that iron hammers would not harvest wood as effectively as an iron axe, an iron shovel would not harvest stone as effectively as an iron hammer, and an iron axe would not harvest a stone block as well as an iron hammer. So far I’ve only tried this with iron tools.

it’s with all tools. i went mining for some emerald using amethyst axe cuz i knew this was the current way things worked. copper was proved this way as well. this was happening in 159 as well.

1 Like

Me and Dzchan reported this in the last thread, all tools seems to be harvesting all things equally.

But it also seems to be something with blocks and not just tools. Glass and the fibrous plants now take the same amount of hits as a piece of stone to break with the same tools.

2 Likes

Last time I played slingbow damage also seemed to be affected by these damage bugs - extra damage crystals did no extra damage and roadrunners health seemed to be 3x higher than cuttletrunks. Although that might have been an intended change.

I was falling down very fast and grappled a wall that was upon me. I made that epic swing and it pushed me into a wall. Well that wasn’t that bad because i could see all these caves but i had some hoppers around me :wink:
1st bug of that kind in 300+hours, Ruby grapple

1 Like

Thank you all for reporting the bugs. We may not be able to fix the bugs right away but we will be logging them.

3 Likes

We are currently updating the way damage works so that the progression and item attributes work together to calculate how much damage is done. Unfortunately some of that code work has gone out without the corresponding data so hence some of the problems you are seeing. It’s not easy to fix quickly without breaking other things, so you’ll have to bear with us until we can get the whole system to a good place and then we can release it.

6 Likes

Ah, Ok, that makes perfect sense Ollie, thank-you!

It’s all good guys, nothing game breaking at all that needs any instant fix, I just figure it’s best to mention something here, no matter how small, it just in case it helps something else :slight_smile:

I think the community here is really good at spotting things here and feeding them back. A few early access forums the bug reporting is dead because no-one bothers, or they scream because their tool changed colour by 1 shade and they want it fixing instantly.

4 Likes

I get error 8 after major rubber banding where I am not pressing any movement keys or looking around and my character spins in circles and walks in random directionshttp://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=894907589