Release 167 - Report issues here

It seems that having multiple beacons in one settlement breaks them.

1 Like

I would try updating graphics drivers, Else verify the game on steam and see what happens.

I placed the 2 blocks, set the location and it timed down. I broke it out and the portal appeared, i stepped into the portal and the portal closed on top of me. trapped me inside the blocks.

I was not. I was in my base far away from any other plots.

How does this work with Beacon Fuel, then? If I create a beacon, fuel it, and then remove itā€¦ does the plot stay permanently? Past six months? Seems ā€œexploityā€ if that were somehow the case.

the issue that @Skylance was experiencing has been resolved regarding the furnace

Pendragon, the beacon control is now jsut an INTERFACE, it serves as the starting point, so when you fuel it, it forms a plot. however, when you remove the beacon, the plots will all stay until the fuel is gone.

the beacon is no longer the lfieblood of teh plots, it is the fuel that is important.

so if you donā€™t want a beacon, you dont have to have a beacon. so long as you place one down and refuel occasionally

2 Likes

I have the same problem, cant see settlement info where I have more than one beacon.

If you get any crashes again, could you share a game log and any crash dumps generated at the time if possible?

Thanks for all the information. We haven been unable to reproduce the issue so far. If possible, could you all submit videos showing the bug in action? Hopefully, the videos may reveal some odd things going on. Also, @Kawwak mentioned the possibility of portal interference, so could you also state if there were any portals nearby too?

Edit: Additionally, can you also provide coordinates of the locations so that we can have a look as well?

1 Like

Thanks to you and @SWProzee1 for investigating this, weā€™ll log a bug.

1 Like

I have noticed that when I port it from Sanctum, Like I do when I logon. I will see the EXP show up top right, Less than a second later it changes to +0 exp. This only happens when I portal in nearby the machine giving me exp. Rather annoying as Iā€™ve probably lost 30k exp to this bug already. I will try record it for you tomorrow on one of the less rewarding crafts.

This may be related to the other issue where players are reporting that creatures are regaining health. This is likely due to the server being out of sync, which weā€™re currently looking at.

This may be related to the issues currently being experienced by other players.

Yes, it turns out that it would affect all grapple tools, so weā€™ll log a bug.

-616N, 179E Therka (when Iā€™m standing in the middle of my machine room)

I have 3 portals outside (-667N, so 50 blocks away).

Thanks for the report and screenshot. We havenā€™t reproduced this so far. How are the beacons arranged? Is there one beacon per plot, or are they multiple beacons within one plot for example?

The beacons are maybe five plots away from each other. The plots of one beacon do touch the plots of the other.

My crafting base at 2252,1799(90alt) in therka. It has a basement with all the machines. I have a nearby portal leading to munteen and my friend have a portal to therka market.

So first time I logged out in my basement and when I came back in sanctum it said I leveled up, but really didnt and got no xp from the crafts which ones ended when I was offline.

The second time I went to my munteen base through my portal and logged out. When logged in there was no problem but when I went through my portal to my therka base it showed +0xp, so got no xp from my crafts which ones ended when I was offline.

Third time I went to log out in therka market through my friends portal and when I came back through the portal I got xp from crafts which ones ended when I was offline.

It happened only with crafts which ones ended when I was offline. If a craft ended when I was online but still in an other planet (server) it gave me xp when I came back. The best way to get offline crafting xp is to go away from your crafting place but stay on the same planet (server) when you log out.

Maybe a good fix would be if we get the crafting xp only when we interact with the machine.

Edit: will try to make a video about it if you still need.

Oh and one more bug: I have 2 crafting tables, I made and placed them maybe in 2016 november, tried to replace them one day ago but one of it have 8, the other one have 4 crafting slots.

A video will be helpful if possible, thanks!