Release 167 - Report issues here

I was mining ores at vulpto then suddenly got launched/teleported 200 blocks up in the air ;_;

1 Like

Bug with warp conduit.

I placed these conduits to complete the quest “Warp to a Friend” and the game crashed when I went to break them. Sorry, no crash dump file was generated…

Now when I attempt to break them I hit them and nothing happens. They will not break, however, my tool does take durability loss.

On a side note: I’d love for these to be removed so I can continue my build :slight_smile:

At present, we don’t have any LODs for low terrain detail inside the Sanctum. This will change as we make improvements to the Sanctum.

As for the blue colour issue occurring when entering a world, do you have screenshots and / or a video showing this?

Were you experiencing any lag at the time? Or did something attack you?

The screenshot shows that it’s inside a beacon. Just to check, are you inside someone else’s beacon?

@vdragon - its only therka market (from Munteen - Jeff portal hub) but it loaded fine now (its only doing it on edges of buildings when entering therka - but currently not anymore - i will screen shot if it happens again)

@vdragon, This is in my beacon area.

I was chopping down trees when i crashed.

I have noticed that portals can become disconnected with the error: “WORLD DID NOT RESPOND”.
As seen in this screenshot.

I have 3 portals in my area,

• Therka
  • Elopor
  • Nasharil

If I travel through any of the portals at least one of them will fail to load when I come back through. This seems to be consistent with the portal that was not loaded at the time I went through another portal.

So for example in this screenshot, when I walked away from my house the portal to Nasharil had loaded as well as Elopor, however, once I started to get farther away from the Nasharil portal it unloaded (I expect this is part of the portal optimization). As I approached my Therka portal it loaded and I went through. On my return, I get the welcome message from each of the portals in my area, Elopor as well as Nasharil, however when I arrive at the portals only Elopor is loaded and no matter how long I stand at the Nasharil portal it does not load. Eventually, this message is produced. The only way to correct this is to logout and back in at which time all 3 portals in my area will load correctly. This is reproduced on entering any of the 3 portals and is 100% consistent.

EDIT: Adding screenshot of welcome messages:

So I’ve been having some bad lag. Exiting the game completely fixes it, was this mentioned before? Not specifically due to portals though. Just, I pulled out a diamond torch and the oh hit me, 19 fps. Exited game and got back in, was fine.

Did anything appear on screen when the crash occurred?

Thanks. Did you email over the crash dump as well?

It could be that the world was down at the time. Is it still an issue?

Presumably it’s not lagging right now?

i’m having the same problem but
its happening with all portals not just my own

@vdragon, I did not get a screenshot of the error but I believe it was the MS Visual C++ Runtime error generic response with the “Program:” listing blank.

@vdragon, I played with this as the issue for about 2hrs this morning when I went to log out just now (10am Pacific) it was still an issue. As soon as I logged back in… it was up with no issue. I can reproduce this 100% of the time. All I have to do is walk through any of my portals and whichever one is not loaded at the time will be the portal with the issue.

EDIT:
It appears only one of my portals that are next to one another can be active at a time. For example, if I look at the portal on the left it stays active it I look at the portal to the right for a bit it becomes active and the other becomes inactive.

I am assuming this is intended behavior for portal performance?
If so it is in this state that if I walk through the active portal, on return the portal that is inactive will no longer connect and produces the “World did not respond” error after about 4min of waiting.

As you can see below I went through the portal on the left to Nasharil and opened the door. (~10:11am Pacific)
I then came back out and looked at the portal on the right to Elopor and at about 10:14am pacific it produced the “World did not respond” error.

It’s not a regular thin for the lag @vdragon

Just occasionally. I haven’t played since yesterday but @Combyte was there with me when I had the problem

this is my entire screen, so its a 1920x1080 monitor, and the game was only occupying half of the screen. The left side is mspaint showing the bug from last night, and the right side is the game window representing a recreation of the bug.

i think the portals have some sort of leak in memory, cuz running around therka market made me lag something fierce, like i was mentioning earlier. but its like it doesn’t stop trying to download the other side after i’m farther away

2 Likes

Just an update on this. I was finally able to activate this after a few attempts and then break it.
Before I would not let me activate it and i could not break it… but after a few login/out attempts of just going directly to it and trying to activate it I was able to make it go orange and break it.
Thanks!