Release 167 - Report issues here

Those are different recipes, using different fossils.

About the attribute bonus, I’ve got the 5 of them and notice the difference, maybe it’s just not showing? I mean I see the health, speed and others improve.

3 Likes

@Cookviper, Seems to work on the first one as it goes from 10 to 12 for each stat. But nothing after that.

I purchased all five of those upgrades. I can confirm for sure that it increased my hp, I think it increased my dex, power, and agi, but I’m certain it glitched out on increasing my stamina. My stamina is now 600/1200 at all times…

1 Like

@vdragon @Kawwak

The zero-experience glitch happens when you warp into the radius of a machine that finished crafting, but you haven’t yet picked up the experience. Through all my testing, this is plain and simply the case.

When a machine is finished crafting, it has a “circular” 11x11 area (minus the corners) around it where crafting experience can be awarded to a player. How you receive experience from crafting has nothing to do with what plot or beacon the machine is in, but rather simply this area.

Here is a visual example for you. The timber is the border of the “experience-award” area.

If you warp into this area around a machine after it has finished a crafting job, you will not receive the experience for it. If you log out of the game, and log back in later, you have to go through a warp at the Sanctum in order to return to your home, so if you had logged out within this area of a machine crafting, and it finishes before you log back in, you won’t receive your experience.

However, if you log back into the game, and/or take any form of warp into the area of a machine WHILE it is still crafting, you WILL receive the experience once it is finished. The glitch simply has something to do with warping into the area where experience is to be collected.

I have not yet tested any of this while crafting in another player’s beacon. I hypothesize that it wouldn’t be any different, except that the other player could pick up your experience.

vdragon - I wanted to make this write-up for you, but I can still make a video showcasing all of this if you like. I simply wasn’t able to make the video today, so I would have to do it tomorrow.

Everyone else - until this glitch is fixed, simply move your machines away from the warp point of your base, and make sure you log out away from the experience collection radius. You don’t have to log out SUPER far away on the same server, as Kawwak originally theorized.

6 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: 167 - Feedback

Great work!

That confirms my experience and conclusions. I have stared to log out like few plots away from machines, that works fine enough :slight_smile:

2 Likes

playing in windowed mode causes items to drop when attempting to place them in most of the left hand slots, and the first few slots in a machine. The tooltip reflects this when it is occuring.

A lot of recent posts are not bug related, not sure this is the place for opinion pieces and/or monologues about how we feel. Then again “Issues” could have far reaching meanings.@Stretchious, @Havok40k

You can find the steps here:

I have a very weird issue with my newly created portal; see the screenshots below for a visual timeline. What happens is that I will go through the portal completely fine from one side, but from the other side, I will pop up in an area somewhat above the portal.

Summary

Thanks for the repro steps. We’ve been able to reproduce it on our end.

The trick for now is to not queue items in a machine if you want to earn the full XP.

1 Like

We currently have this listed as a known issue (where the Request Basket replaced the old Buying Plinth).

1 Like

It’s been reported in earlier posts on this topic, which is possibly due to the server being out of sync.

It looks like you’ve already had a reply about this in another topic, which is hopefully be sorted in the next release.

We still need to work on Skills, but we’ve made a note of your issue.

What’s the size of the game window when you’re not in full screen mode? It’s not square is it as shown in your screenshot?

Any posts made in topics entitled “Report issues here” should ideally be for bugs only. Although we do welcome feedback, it’s likely to get lost amongst the many issues that players are posting here, which take priority. But feel free to post feedback in separate topics.

1 Like

Where’s the location of this? If you can post of a video showing the issue action as well, there would be great.

I can try to make a video later, but the location is -2188N, 2212E, Alt 82, according to what I see for my current location on the locations menu.

I have made it better by removing the 6 blocks on the top of the portal on the Therka side, but it’s still jumpy.

ok so a few screenshots follow -

The sanctum loads like this every single time (first screen shot) when on low Terrain etc

but loads as normal if the terain and everything is at a higher setting

And just so you know i have had a few crashes before this started happening boundles has stopped working etc - checked the dump files but there is nothing new - only the files from a previous point etc - a few freinds of mine are experiencing the crash dump files are not updating issue as well

I have reinstalled + verified cache and nothing is wrong - checked my hardware and etc - everything is running as it should - the last thing to do is force a GFX update because i do not need one

I will post below this as a new comment if still the same/fixed

ahhh ty i did not realise we had this - but i now no what happens (but not the *why) ok so this above effect (on low settings) is like this all the way around the sanctum no matter the spot - but when on anything above low - it only happens when you are standing central (meaning between the plinths) - another point if it helps

Before the updates it did not show blue it showed black (empty space) etc when standing central thats all the info i can currently give

i can also confirm the rest of the universe loads as it should (however the first time i noticed the electric-blue effect was when entering therka daily since the updates - there is now an electric-blue border to everything in the city for the first few minutes upon entering @Arkefyre has this issue also