Release 167 - Report issues here

This doesn’t happen every single time, but most times when I activate a stack of (2) warp conduits, the game crashes immediately. When I load the game back up the warp conduits luckily seem to be active and I complete the activation process for the warp door, But it’s really irritating for me because I do a lot of warping back and forth between my home base and a waypoint out in the caves near LAVA which can make things pretty dicey heading back in after reloading the game.

I haven’t tried this with any other sizes of warp gates, and I don’t really want to try making any portals to new worlds until I know my game won’t crash when I try it.

That happened to me once, first time I was opening warp, after that it mostly worked fine, I think I had like one more case, and I do use them a lot. It might depend on what you hold in your left hand, if it’s hammer that might be the cause, but that’s just a thought, probably not the issue. I think I had no issues with totem.

That brings up the bug that clicking a button that closes a window, will always use the left click option. Is that one listed as known?

Same. Last step doesn’t work.

had this earlier when I logged in to play,

1 Like

went through the portal, got stuck, and died ;-;

rip gem tools

Placing warp too close to the location you are warping to will cause game crashing/connection error

Crash dumps and log. Most recent crash happened while I was digging out dirt blocks above me. Nothing fancy. Feels as though I crash after an hour or so of play all the time. Wondering if there is a memory leak or something. Anyway, here’s the logs and dmp files.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9tEOkVmyGwlQTdPNlA4U2ktVmc

Beacon outlines are damn hard to see.

2 Likes

Interestingly enough today I discovered that whoever owns a plot will get the exp from the machine regardless of who places the craft. So my villager can craft in my plot and I’ll get the experience.

When noticing this I also noticed that those crafts could have their exp collected by said villager for me, I could be standing 2 plots away and when he walks into the room I’ll gain the experience but he is the one in range of the machine. I have not tested what happens if I’m on a different planet yet.

Not sure if this is working as intended, but seems strange.

2 Likes

no crashes today, but slow network messages all the time and unplayable around portals; i give up for today :disappointed:

Beacon system is extremely buggy. My main beacon vanished without any warning - and while it was fueled - and a lot of my storage boxes disappeared. As I tried to refuel the beacon, the fuel already “jumps back” into my inventory and I can’t refuel … I also tried to replace some plots and set them around a new beacon control but without any success.

The new beacon control does not “connect” with the old beacon plots … I need to remove all old plots and set them for the new beacon control. The main problem is, that the old plots are not outlined in anyway (I can’t see them) so it’s hilarious trail and error to find and remove them.

I set a beacon plot directly on the control … it’s using plots but still tell that the control is not in a beacon (the area was beaconed before my old beacon vanished …

1 Like

I think that’s actually a really big issue… I don’t know if it’s possible, but there should be a way to code the machines and crafting to remember what player started the crafting, and award the experience only to said player.

1 Like

Dev confirmed earlier in this thread this is working as intended, but that it may be rethought in the future. Future permissions will allow villagers to be able to craft in machines on your beacon but not break them, which goes along with this system.

1 Like

smart stacks is stuck when you RClick it and looks like empty. And if you RClick it before you accept a traiding you cant do anything except like dismiss it with Esc button.

Is this a bug? Or Mechanics?

ok so this is my spark setup spark core - cord - refinery - cord - extractor - cord - workbench - cord - extractor - cord - compactor

The spark is only reaching the first machine in the chain (closest to core) to utilize any other machine for spark i have to reorganize my machines so that the one i want to use the spark is the first in chain - regardless of the order ONLY the first machine is being fueled

I noticed this last week when i finally built my core but thought nothing of it at the time because i just assumed that the machines would fuel when needed - this is not the case (i did not notice until now because i never had to use the spark - all machines are at full repair - i made sure of this just in case)

This is game design. You can’t connect spark through machines. You have to make a separate line with the spark cord, like a pipe, and connect that pipe to each machine you want to have spark with.

as stated - @Dzchan94 the cord connects all machines down the chain :wink:

I hope this clears up any confusion - the spark cord is at a different level because i am experimenting to see if i have done it wrong - also the workbench is currently the first machine because that is the machine which needs spark - it is also off shape again due to experimentation - nothing i do makes it work, but i remember Pre-pre update (my platform above Elop - the spark worked perfectly no matter the set up

Are you trying to connect the spark cord through the machines themselves? or are you having a separate spark cord line and connecting each individual machine to it?

Can’t put it better than saying you have to connect it like a water pipe, where you have a water pipe running through the house and each toilet and sink will be connected to said water pipe, not sinks and toilets connected between each other with pipes