Release 167 - Report issues here

Yep, as I figured, you’re running the spark cord through the machines, try running the spark cord to the side of them, and connecting each machine to that spark core line.

oh i see so its got to be like this *legend = - normal cord line [ ] = machine V = cord split *

[ ] - V [ ] - ???
[ ] - V V - [ ]

ok i can’t diagram but i hope you get me :slight_smile: but i do understand yes - thank you

over in my town of RedWood i am having issues with my portal, can be confirmed by @Arkefyre that it happened. i go from Berlyn to Nasharil just fine, but when i try to come back, i stutter, get stuck shifting between the worlds and then get spit out, sometimes zipping to the top of my glass walls in the process

1 Like

Easiest way to describe the intended mechanic is that spark flows into a machine, but not through it to the next machine.

2 Likes

As with the previous replies here, share game logs and some crash dumps if any were generated.

What’s your graphics card? Some players who have experienced this issue have an Intel GPU.

Sorry to hear that it’s happened to you again, we’ll add this information to our bug database. Was that a different portal the issue occurred on, or the same one that you had reported on previously?

How close does it have to be before it occurs?

Thanks for the link. There are quite a few crash dumps here. Did you include one dump file per crash?

We’re still planning on improving this so that it’s more user friendly.

If I can understand what you’re saying here, your Storage Blocks / Shelves disappeared when your Beacon Control still has fuel? What’s the current Beacon Fuel Level?

Did the old plots not show up when you’re holding the Beacon Plotter for example?

Same as the issue reported by @Arkefyre

1 Like

Were you trying to go back through the portal straightaway?

1 Like

yes, we were moving rapidly back and forth between worlds in order to test that the bug would happen consistently. It did. Wish we had grabbed a screenshot of the location and surrounding blocks of the portal, will try to grab a recreation screenshot today, didn’t know we were going to be reporting this :sweat:

That explains it. We will look at ways to improve portal transitions. In the meantime, if you wait a few seconds before passing back through the same portal you just used, then it should work as expected.

1 Like

It looks like one of the common ones we are hitting, where it is crashing building the meshes.

If you have time can you also upload your version of c:\windows\system32\msvcp140.dll ? It is the Microsoft Visual C runtime dll but there is more than one version and we need the exact version to extract all the call stack information.

thanks.

descreasing window width increases your FOV which allows you to see trough textures. It makes your game unplayable BUT this way you can scan the terrain for cave systems. On planets like Alturnik/munteen caves are rare and this method allows you to find them in seconds. It also breaks UI

5 Likes

Right after the restart this morning (which caught me mining deep in the Ear–uh, Sol…well, wherever–I resumed mining and revealed a tech fragment. I mined it and it did the “flicker/audio sfx” thing four or five times, the UI told me I’d mined it, and there it was, still. I checked inventory–no fragment. I went after it again and got it. The screen capture shows where I was and the reticle points to the gap where the block was.

I suspect it was a stutter-step thing with connectivity, but I figured I’d log it just in case.

1 Like

Was it rapidly mining and getting replaced?

Exactly the symptom–except it was doing it on its own without me swinging. I think I remember it back from the JS days, too–this was faster because C++. Probably. Mine/unmine/mine/unmine/mine/unmine/say it was mined.