Release 167 - Report issues here

I see this to from time to time, i give it a extra hit, and it break.

1 Like

It may be possible that the server was out of sync at the time. Are you still having issues?

For comparison, what happens if you use the same-sized window for other first-person perspective games?

Noā€“once it settled down to its final state, I mined it and everything was just fine. Your diagnosis is parallel to mineā€“not enough time to get synced, since I was in the cave right after the restart and got to it before everything had settled down.

The EXP-loss-on-warp glitch has gotten worse. Twice now Iā€™ve lost about 100k EXP even when logging in 5-6 plots away from crafting machines.

It just cost me level 40 :expressionless:

Edit: Itā€™s even taking experience that I collected by using machinery on other worlds and collecting it and wasting it all instantly when I log in, somehow. Server reset?

game crashes while looking in my beacon fuel tab and scrolling down and up.
UI scale is large.

The beacon completely vanished. The plots are still claimed [but not protected anymore] and I canā€™t connect a new beacon control to them. They are also not to see to anyone [neigther to me nor other players]) and also not to claim. I can remove them but without the outline of the plots, itā€™s nearly impossible to find all ā€œconnectionsā€ and remove them. I tried to place a new control into a new beacon plot with a fuel level of ~24 weeks. I also set up a new beacon and a new beacon control at another part of the base which has a fuel level of ~7 weeks. Obviously the ā€œold beaconā€ is divided and not longer in one piece even if it wasnā€™t me who removed the connection plots (Iā€™m sure about this).

No

I basicly tried to open it next to the location, though havenā€™t tried exactly how far it would have to be to work properly.

Also it was palce above the point of ā€œoutputā€, if that has any relevance, but not so it would clip with the warp.

We should hopefully have a fix coming in the next update.

Was that carried out using Warp Conduit blocks, or did you also use Portal Conduit blocks as well?

Give us the coordinates for the old beacons so that we can take a look.

We canā€™t reproduce this on the version we have, so it may well be fixed and should be working fine in the next update.

587, 180, -2253

@vdragon: Iā€™m online the next hour so I could try to explain the problem in game ā€¦

Just Warp Conduits.

Edit: Just tried the warp again and it actually worked flawlessly. Could there have been left something from the test version build that interfered with the live version earlier?

@vdragon

The compass just doesnā€™t have any consistency with the beacon markers. From the location indicated, I can apparently see four of my beacons, but moving a little bit one way or the other makes them go away. Given that if I move 200+ blocks away from any of them the beacon marker disappears Iā€™m surprised to see them appear at this distance. The nearest beacon from this location is over 1662 blocks away. (Thatā€™s planar math; I donā€™t know how muchā€“if at allā€“altitude plays into it, but sometimes it seems to me that altitude is the determining factor for what I see.)

I saw the same issue as I approached my western-most beacon at 1964,-1328; I had a consistent lead on it, then the marker just fell off the compass (metaphorically speaking) as I got nearer. I kept moving in the same direction and it came back againā€“but Iā€™m pretty sure it wasnā€™t behind me as if Iā€™d passed over it. (Which wouldnā€™t have been impossible given the terrain in that area, but given the landmarks, I just donā€™t think I walked over it on a ridge.)

1 Like

Would need investigating, but I imagine itā€™s because the UI has decided thereā€™s too much **** on the compass and is culling what it believes are the less important, eg you walk towards your beacon on the compass, but many more things closer to you then appear due to variable ranges of appearing on compass, so it decides your beacon -further away- is less important and to try and avoid unreadable clutter stops displaying it, then as you continue to get closer it reverts. (Iā€™m not involved in the compass code, so only guessing really)

A similar thing happens with planet markers, if it trys to display too much it starts to cull to reduce clutter/cost and things may pop in/out

1 Like

That seems likely.

"For the World is a Doughnut, and I Have Touched the Sky."

Based on my travels and mapping today, Solum is confirmed to be a torus. :doughnut: Where it a sphere :globe_with_meridians: the terminus of the Big Bridge near Happy Mountain would be at 2294N 348E by my reckoning. Iā€™m sure the rendering (and ray-casting) math on that would have been loads of fun. :boom: (Not suggesting that you even try. I get a headache thinking about the code.)

So now Iā€™m Descartesā€“I map, therefore I am.

This is interesting to me because if I use my totem to determine the coordinates of locations Iā€™d like to visit I donā€™t always get the right answersā€“theyā€™re pretty far off, sometimes. I think Iā€™ll stop doing that. :slight_smile:

The most recent update to portals keeps eating my coinsā€¦

Because the other portal is nearby and I only get 22 seconds or something it closes before it even opens! I tried reversing it and bumping it before it poofed! GRR

Quick tip: the warp at sancturn wonā€™t use your coins unless you go through it.