Release 169 - Report issues here

The game keep crashing when exit it.

i think im under the sanctum

I died and was dropped here instead of up top, I didn’t INTEND to get here

edit: saved log, my fav line of it is “[2017-07-14 00:09:05] WARN Resetting fog loading distance due to extreme drop (dev teleported?)”

1 Like

Yes, I do have a crash dump on that day. I’ve read in FAQ that you can access our crash dumps for steam users so I didn’t include it previously. I’ve just sent it now to boundless@turbulenz.com.

1 Like

There seems to be an XP exploit where you get XP for placing something and mining it immediately after. With most blocks, this is not a huge deal, however… Flowers give 16 XP when you break them (they break in one hit with the starting tool, which doesn’t lose durability), and give 8 XP when you place them. You get the equivalent of mining iron in way less time, since you don’t have to look for veins etc. With a script that makes you auto left/right click at a secluded area, you can easily level all the way up to 30 (starting at 1) if you leave it up overnight without server restarts.

I’d tone down the XP you get for flowers a bit (or increase XP gain from the other things to be more in line), and then prevent blocks that get placed and immediately mined from giving XP somehow. At the very least if you force the player to move (by not giving XP if you’re doing it at the same location), it will become unreliable enough to make automation not feasible.

5 Likes

Thanks for the reply, we’ve added this information to our database.

We agree that you shouldn’t lose health due to unintentional movement because of lag, so we’ve logged a bug about it.

Just to check (as your post followed the previous post above yours), this wasn’t anything to do with lag, was it?

By ‘it’ did you mean from the Sanctum? Do you have any crash dumps arising as a result of this?

Thanks for sending this, we should be able to get more information about what happened.

Thanks for the information, we’ve made a note of this.

I press Esc to the menu, click exit and confirm.
The screen go black for a few seconds and game crashing.

Crashdump.

1 Like

Email the crash dump over to us at boundless@turbulenz.com, as the gist isn’t being shown in a readable format.

I’ve corrected the link:

1 Like

Thanks @james :slight_smile:

1 Like

Whenever I get lag and have to be returned to Sanctum with any wildstock nearby I get killed before going back. Is there a way to make sure that you aren’t getting attacked because of lag while returning to Sanctum?

Just some more feedback on the new slow connection screen. I tried going to US and Australia servers tonight and I can no longer play there. With the previous release I could play on US east and west just fine and Australia felt a bit laggy (the occasional rubberbanding) - but now I get constant slow connection screens on all of these servers.

This nearly deadlocked me on Alturnik. I would get the slow connection screen constantly, making it impossible to get back to the portal to Nasharil. And from Sanctum I can only return to Alturnik - not to any other planet.

I sincerely hope this new limitation does not remain as is - it would ruin many aspects of the game for me and many other players not playing from Europe / USA.

Can you share some screen shots with the debugging enabled when you’re on the unplayable worlds?

We need details to help work out what is happening with your connection.

At least very easy to reproduce. This is with chunk download rate set to 2 mbps.

[details=Screenshots]

[/details]

Checking the debug screens every time I can see “no websocket” consistently. You’ll notice that pings running concurrently are stable.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing the details. It’s helpful to see the pings.

Can you try setting your Chunk Rate Limit to “Very Low”?

The data you shared shows a Peak of 1.26 Mb/s which is lower than the “Low” 8 chunk/s limit estimate of 2 Mbit. This might imply that the bandwidth of your connection is the limiting issue.

Try “Very Low” and let us know if this helps.

Please share a screenshot with the debugging enabled if it happens again when on “Very Low”.

Can you also share the output from: http://www.speedtest.net/

Hmm, so the game client crashed shortly after my previous post. Rebooted, now I can run around in Alturnik just fine.

Is the game supposed to eat up memory this quickly? Might be related.

The speedtest you wanted:

Unstable connection every few seconds. Can’t play.

CDR is at the minimum, Cache is at max.

this also just happened to me

1 Like

I have a lil bug about my settlements screen. I have one settlement shown twice, and the first one is the buggy one

I missed a plot here, but when land regenerate the torches was left.

Empty spot in sale-plinth showing prices.

1 Like

stuck in sanctum floor