Release 182 - Report issues here

cant respawn on time of now

better stay indoors until its fixed :smile:

There is no crash dump in the AppData\Local\Turbulenz location… just logs / caches

Am i looking in the wrong place?

I found a strange thing yesterday. After switching characters my left hand behaved like i was holding down LMB. I only realised this after i warped to my plot and it started to place blocks automatically ( it had no effect in Sanctum). Everything was normal after i clicked once with LMB but this happened multiple times.

1 Like

Worse. I pick a point, launch the grapple, then, I use R and start ascending, then, suddenly , even though the grapple is still connected,. I start falling. Release R and try to switch to WSAD for evasive actions and find thst the forwards and backwards buttons don’t work, and left and right do. Also “feels” like your being pulled backwards away from the grapple but thanks to gravity, towards the ground… Though that last part could just be perception as you can’t move forwards and gravity is pulling you.

Quite rare. I’d mark this as low due to the fact that you have to fidget like I do to even cause it. Also as you can see in the videos the hammer doesn’t have much life left… It is conceivable that this plays a role as well.

At this point I’m just aiming for the high score of individual bugs submitted in a single release =P

I tagged James on over the weekend in another thread with another possible issue as our hunting group managed to all get simultaneously booted from the server multiple times. It seemed to occur whenever a group of baddies was freshly spawned, usually seconds after we engaged said baddies. I think something’s up with the mob generation code. Whenever this occured, we were unable to reconnect for several moments. Once we were back on, baddies seemed to reset. I also found it significantly easier to run in a direction and watch the mobs spawn on my screen.

Previously you said that you couldn’t break a block here, but now you said that you can’t place a block here. With the second issue, this is due to the torch’s bounding box being too high, meaning that a block cannot be placed above it as a result. We’ll add this to the database.

Going back to the previous issue about not being able to break a block, can you highlight which block it is?

The game relies on Steam, so it’s not really recommended to shut it down when the game is still running.

As you quoted from a previous comment, things like this are being worked on, so it may not necessary remain the same further down the line.

If the server goes offline, it may sometimes be due to a server crash, which we receive automatically. All other game crashes should be submitted in the normal way when the option is available.

As for the lag issue, have you adjusted your Chunk Download Rate and Chunk Cache Size?

You can post your lag issues here too.

It’s most likely the same issue @Heureka posted earlier in this topic (post number 95) which a bug has been logged for.

That’s really unusual and shouldn’t be happening, so we’ll log a bug. What were you doing exactly before this situation occurred? Was your connection to the game okay as well? If this happens again check the log file and share it if there’s anything odd with the data.

Sounds like the game can sometimes read the left mouse button input as being active when it’s not being pressed. The bug’s in the database.

Can’t reproduce this. Is this happening with any grapple tool in a particular area?

Also, can you confirm you’re not accidentally pressing the same button that releases the grapple tool? For example, if the grapple tool is assigned to the left hand, make sure that it’s not being pressed again unless you did want to release yourself from the grapple tool.

Were you on any of the ring worlds during that time? We do have server crashes from those worlds.

Regarding those two issues with the torch preventing character movement and the signs having different lighting, did you remove these by any chance? One of the devs wanted to take a closer look, but couldn’t see any issues due to the possible removal of the torches.

I had a recent issue where I got stuck on a torch and couldn’t move away from the torch. Each time I tried to move away it would pull me back to the torch. I was able to get away from it after a wildstock hit me and knocked me back. I just happened to be recording at the time so I have it on one of my videos. It happened in Dragon’s Watch and the torch is still there. I haven’t gone over it recently or hit it like I did last time but I certainly could check it out next time I’m logged in.

Here is the video and I linked it to start right before I run to that torch and hit it and then get stuck on it.

1 Like

Yes, I’m sorry. I thought since you had logged a bug already you were done with them, so I went ahead an remodeled. :frowning:

Actually the grapple hand still shows it as engaged and I have to click once to disengage the grapple before movement returns to normal. I’ll try to play with it and get back to you with more specific reproduction steps of I can. This one is one of two ghosts I’m chasing.

We were on Munteen

Hi @jefalaska, a bug has been logged, but for occasions where the issue cannot be reproduced easily, it may be necessary for a different dev to go to the affected location and check out the problem.

Thankfully, @TwistedFoot has provided a video showing that this problem occurred elsewhere. @TwistedFoot, are you able to provide coordinates for this particular torch?

Thanks for the confirmation. We now know that some of the server crashes came from that world.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before so here goes.
I have found soft coal in glacier blocks on Solum. Beaconed for 5 days or so if you are interested in checking it out, coordinates in screenshot debug window.
I have also found the same thing on Therka, but not 100% sure if it was in ice or glacier there.

Any way, I think it is very odd that coal can spawn in glacier blocks. So that is the thing I would like to report.

I have also found ice blocks and lava next to each other in a cave near the city Aquatopia on Solum.
As in no blocks between lava and ice. That is also very strange. Thanks for reading.

i dont know about anyone else anyone having server issues on therka it happen alot

The coordinates of that torch are -1,017N 1,336E (Altitude: 66) on Solum.

It’s not a bug, so mine the coal if you like.

It shouldn’t be a problem now.

It’s this torch, right?

Your video was published a few days ago, but was it recorded earlier than that? I ask because the video doesn’t include some of the current buildings as seen in the game at present.

In any case, there doesn’t seem to be any issue with the torch when I investigated it. Did the issue only once for you or more than that?

1 Like

I had 100.000 prestige 10 minutes ago and got the feat but now I checked again and I only have 50.000 And the total of the town was over 1 million and is below now

We just pushed an update that which included a change to some block prestige values.

:frowning:
Is there a list or something because my prestige is way down whilst others is just 20% or something

“Reduced the prestige value for gleam, crafting tables, firepits, crucibles and storage.”

2 Likes

Yeah 50% was gleam xD

Does chiseling give more prestige?