Release 182 - Report issues here

@willcrutchley Happens to me too.

Haha you beat me to it :stuck_out_tongue:
Seems to me like the player hitbox or the block angle variance

1 Like

I thought I saw it before a few times, but wasn’t sure if fault was not on my side.
Today I know for sure that I put 30 compact silt and 60 sand and left it crafting glass in a titanium furnace. Back a few hours later and found that the furnace stopped half way. There is enough fuel and almost no wear on the furnace.

1 Like

It seems that prestige was recently messed up. Prior to a patch I downloaded in the last week, Zcyra was at around 620K prestige in our settlement while I was at around 320K and Wolfin was at 150K. I logged in and Zcyra is now at 390K, I’m at 175k and Wolfin is still at around 150K.

Perhaps some block types got accidentally had their prestige values removed? I would guess gleam or refined gleam if so as Zcyra and I both use a lot of it.

gleam and machines have less prestige now - check patch notes:

1 Like

@vdragon I actually found one of the crafting table’s I was talking about. It is stuck at 30% wear and a stone, copper, iron spanner will not fix it. I left it out in my town Eden (on Berlyn) so that you could investigate it. You are welcome to take it or do whatever you want. Coords - 973N / 1433E

edit: Beside it you will also find another craft table found somewhere that has NO wear section showing %. I even tried to make something and still no wear section in content but it shows a yellow bar when picked up.

I was going to try to craft something but decided to wait and let you look at it. Here is a screenshot too of its location.

Wow that completely wrecks my place then. I purposely farmed the hell out of gleam and refined it because a) I liked the look and b) it was high-prestige.

1 Like

I think they may have actually screwed things up beyond reducing the prestige of that stuff. For example, I just placed some Sedimentary Bricks and it added 0 prestige.

Nm it just took about 20s to update on the beacon.

EDIT: After testing, Gleam now gives around 16 prestige and Refined Gleam, which is what a lot of my plots are filled with, gives only 20 prestige. They cut gleam to a 1/3rd of what it used to give. Welp, that completely wrecks my build :(.

1 Like

its time to go for size of builds and quantity of blocks used

I’m for one happy that gleam towers with no use cant spike prestige anymore :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I mean, you can look at it a couple ways. I went after gleam because I liked the look of it and then also noticed that it was high on prestige so I worked a TON of it into my build. Now I’m just going to do the same thing but instead of using gleam, I’m going to use something different that 1) I like the look of and 2) gives high prestige.

Gleam had prestige equivalent to resources (ores, fossils, tech, etc found in blocks) but it regenerated as standard blocks. The options were to make gleam regenerate like a resources or value it like a non-resource. Given that players love the features of gleam for building we had to correct the prestige.

Just FYI.

4 Likes

Thanks for the clarification, @james. That makes sense to me and I appreciate you guys taking the route of making its prestige similar to standard blocks then but keeping gleam’s regenerative properties as-is. That said, can we get some increased generation for other gleam types? Red is especially impossible to find!

HP regen skill not working for me. I’ve learnt HP Regeneration I, but my hp doesn’t seem to rise up.
I looked into character properties menu and it said that my regen is still 0 per 5s
I was out of combat for a long time. The problem had persisted for two days, then I used my cleanse point to forget this skill

Well, it’s working for me. Did you just have the first level?

Yes, only the first level if you’re about the skill

Hmm, all I know is that I had the skill maxed out and it was working

Yes. Thus, I think it is a bug

Defect Description
“Building a Permanent Base” tutorial objective will not progress

Steps to Reproduce

1. Create new character
  2. Progress tutorial to the point you acquire the “Building a Permanent Base” objective
  3. Gather appropriate materials
  4. Queue 7 single (not bulk or mass) Metamorphic Stone builds at your crafting table
  5. Queue Beacon Control at your crafting table
  6. Wait for all to finish crafting

Expectation
When the Beacon Control is done being crafted, the objective should automatically complete

Reality
The Beacon Control successfully completes at crafting table but objective does not complete.

More Information
I don’t know if 4. above is relevant but it was part of my steps so I included it. I did attempt a fresh craft of the Beacon Control with an empty Crafting Table afterwards and the quest still did not progress. Additionally, it’s worth noting that my Objectives Tracker, under the “Tutorial” category is stuck at “A New Dawn” (walking through the warp in Sanctum) as complete but the quest will not complete. I have since been able to complete a few of the tutorial objectives but am stuck at the aforementioned “Building a Permanent Base”.

UPDATE
I logged off for about 30m and when I returned and logged into my alt, the tutorial had reset all the way back to gathering foliage and timber to build a campfire which, I presume, is the first step after “A New Dawn” where my Objective tracker was stuck as mentioned above.

I was having a similar issue before the last update, except instead of the objective not completing, it would reset to the build a campfire objective and repeat the objective steps, I assume endlessly, but I didn’t pursue it past the third repetition, just remade the character.