Release 182 - Report issues here

Processor is an Intel Core 2 Quad 9650, which is the most powerful processor my motherboard can handle. Machine is roughly 10 years old. DDR 3 RAM supported though. Frame rate is sufficient because of the GPU. But in highly populated areas as Therka Market it gives in. Higher foliage details also require a more powerful hardware setup.

I think it wanst that same spot both times and i dont know where att when it hapend i cant see where i was and only way is to terminate the game and restart and then i ended upp at the surface. so no not reproducible and it has not happend agen.

Do you remember which area of the tower you were in before the issue occurred? What is the layout of the blocks like? For example, did you step on any sloped blocks?

By second right did you mean the Worker Beacon Permission (which is the middle permission)? If so, this is correct. However, the tooltip descriptions could be better explained, so we’ll make a note of this for the descriptions to be improved.

What does your Mixer menu setup look like?

You mentioned that you had some frame rate issues in Therka Market. We have made some improvements with Therka Market, so when these are pushed to the live game, hopefully you will get a boost in FPS. Perhaps that may improve the strange sound issues you’re experiencing as well.

1 Like

yes the middle one
so its not possible to let people build and keep boxes closed on on worker beacon?

1 Like

The tower is more or less circular. I was on the level 3, just beginning to climb the ramp to level 4. I was moving upward on blocks shaped with a copper slope chisel.

new player. macbook pro. game crashes on launch everytime.

I’m not sure what you mean by boxes, but the Worker beacon permission does not allow players to add or remove blocks with a beaconed area, but will allow them to interact with beacon controls, machines, storage blocks, beacon controls and anything else that displays a GUI menu upon interaction. Items can be added to or removed from the GUI menus.

It could be possible that sloped blocks might have caused the issue. We have fixed some bugs where making contact with such blocks may cause characters to appear somewhere else all of a sudden, so this should be in the next update.

The log seems to suggest that a graphics driver is crashing. The screenshot of Fatal Error 29 is different as it suggests that Steam may not be running correctly. Try restarting or updating Steam.

@Rednekkid

I actually got the ticket error from steam couple of times within last few weeks. Disabling my AV for 10 minutes before starting the game helped.

thanks for the reply but is there a post explaining it all in detail somewhere im kinda confused about it
i want people to help build with me with full build permission but keep storage machines and shops off limits

Would that be the post in one of the release notes that introduced the beacon permissions?

If you just give other players the Builder beacon permission, then they should only be allowed to place blocks down and not interact with machines or take items from shops without purchasing them.

Setup? Nothing unusual… Everything was connected properly, and everything had been running properly for about a month without any error. This was just some random one-time event, no idea what brought it on.

I notice in chat, for me anyways, if your typing to fast and use the letter “e”, it brings up my inventory even while in chat mode. After I enter the chat I have to hit it again to get out of inventory like normal.

Also sometimes the game randomly disconnects the mouse to the screen(no character control or look), but I can hit tab, and sometimes that fixes it, sometimes I have to hit tab and go all the way to the sanctum, then the mouse turns my character again. I can click, clickable things like while in tab mode, but not look around , if that makes any sense.

I can’t reproduce this. Have you changed your Control settings by any chance?

By 'randomly disconnecting the mouse 'do you mean the mouse pointer loses focus with the game and you can see the pointer as if you alt-tabbed away from the game?

i have this to ill get my mouse cursor from desktop not the ingame one
then i have to click on game screen to get it back in the game

extra info
im playing on window mode to acces easy the forum and discord

when this happens i can still walk around with keys

does builder beacon permission does that include moving gleam metal and refined blocksaround ?
ill do some research and post it here later
been busy playiung the game :star_struck:

Just noticed the same/similar bug that I reported in testing but on the live servers, all my tools are poking through the white background… also heres some pictures

What is your hardware setup (PC/Mac/Single/Dual-monitor setup)?

Could you give more information on what you were doing? Did you alt-tab away from the game to use the forum and Discord? Or were you busy playing the game and didn’t have any of the GUI menus open at the time (which is one of the occasions where the mouse pointer would appear as expected)?

We should have a fix for the issue reported for the Testing branch, which should in turn fix this on the live game at a later date.

1 Like

i use windowed mode and have my desktop bar at bottom
im playing on sharp bigscreen tv with serial port conection (dont ask why but seems to give nice picture)
forum and discord i use hotlink to web for that on bottom bar off desktop
oh and this is no big issue for me just have to click mouse back into the game
cant explain in detail but i think the ingame chat is involved in this
i never alt tab out
and it happens ingame not when i go to the forumpage or discord
but they are always open on desktop while i play to get the notifications popping on screen

That last line is interesting. Is the mouse losing focus with the game at the same time a notification from another program is triggered?

What’s the outcome of this? It should be possible.