Release 184 - Report issues here

Thanks, @Nevioni and @MoebiusXtreme both pointing to a stall in the rendering.

Steam just added a new feature, Shader Caching for OpenGL shaders and pushed their update today. Can you try going in to Steam->Settings->Shader Pre-Caching and disabling it to see if that is the issue.

1 Like

Dang there is a lot of variables in play, isnā€™t there hahaha

Compass is showing non-existent mobs:

Moving forward two steps has it showing behind me:

I noticed that too, I think its the lootable corpse for other players

had conection failure issue big crash menu kept popping could not walk
got to quit game but now it dont shutdown so im gonna force shutdown it lol

checked my pc it was running fine
got it shutdown after 2min with caltd

i was playing fine before stayed a while afk in sanctum

The ā€œShader pre-Cachingā€ is disabled by default on my iMac and on my MacBook Air, I tried enabling and playing then disabling and playing, both had no effect on performance.

1 Like

I went to the settings of Steam, but the ā€œShader Pre-Cachingā€ was unchecked already.
Instead, I try to check, but when doing ā€œOKā€ it doesnā€™t accept.
If I go again see the Settings it is always unchecked

i restart game it works fine now but did not get asked to report logreport is this normal?

my ruby grapple went limp iron works better now so I put skill points in grapple mastery. full mastery now ruby grapple works better now but not like it did before update.

when i level up i do not get any coins
its been 2 levels now

Donā€™t know if its intended or not but when a tool breaks its no longer automatically switching to the next in the stack.

1 Like

Iā€™ve noticed upon killing creatures the markers on the compass indicating their presence remain after death and harvest.

Deeper than 2 blocks @dave but its still kind of a puddle since honestly it is a little pond. Iā€™m fine with finding them thereā€¦ :slight_smile:
Therka : -1160N / -343E

My player gets completely stuck if it touches a spot where the blocks meet on the railing. This happened to me and another player in town. Only happens on the diagonal railing, and can only be fixed by going to sanctum, since I donā€™t want to break the blocks. Itā€™s like my hitbox merges into the blocks and gets pinned. Edit: After having gone to the sanctum again, I could hear a meteorite soar overhead and land! So far Iā€™ve only had it happen once, about 5 minutes ago.

1 Like

This sounds like a previous bug reported when the new chisels came out that certain angels can create a stuck effect or grab hold of a player.

hahah they rebel you let them work to hard :smile:

Iā€™ve noticed that all signs have lost the option to read sign details. The press ā€˜Eā€™ to interact text has disappeared, and when pressing E while facing it, nothing happens. I still have the ability to edit text details in my signs though.

1 Like

Can you share the coordinates for this location so we can reproduce it please?

Just to give more info on the grappling bug. My ruby grappling seem to work nearly as it was before the update, but sapphire grapplings have a problem for sure. If you shoot it straight up, it travels for about 14m and then fall back when range is suppose to be 35m. if you shoot it horizontally, it seem like you can get the range your suppose to (about 35m) but the gravity effect is wrong. To make it short, i donā€™t think itā€™s the grappling stats that have a problem, but really the ark mechanic.

I have also gotten stuck on a few ā€˜chiseledā€™ blocks in the wild: one was dirt, the other was part of a meteorite. In both cases I broke the block the get free. I was also able to free @Oggieogham when he got stuck on a similar block.