Release 190 - Report issue here

So I don’t hate the grapple sound, but if you want a happy medium between those who don’t like it and those who do (If anyone does) I would just make it so that the sound fades to a quieter idling sound when you’re hanging. It’s not like it is bad right now, but I’m sure that would be the easiest solution. It doesn’t need a redesign in my opinion.

Side note: the sound design in the game is wonderful. As a Foley artist and producer myself the quality is great, and it is a lot harder to get tired of all the sounds because they are so authentic and satisfying even after 40+ hours. Hitting a tree with a metal axe is my favorite sound.

3 Likes

Walking on machined copper or iron beats all for me. :sunglasses:

As for grapple sound it’s cool but too loud so yeah, seems like fading to half an initial volume within two seconds after firing would be enough.

Your meat was destroyed, my poor guy lost his whole hand!

8 Likes

Agree with this, but devs please remember to change other players’ grapple volumes to an outside observer too! I killed almost an hour of boundmore’s recording time bevause I had used the menu to mute my grapple but he still had the buzz saw in his ears…

And yes @Chivlet, I used volume I know, my bad.

2 Likes

I don’t know what to laugh at - the fact that my meat was destroyed or the fact that your character lost his whole hand.

It’s an older post, but it checks out sir…

Thanks for all the feedback. I’ll pass the comments onto the relevant people to look at.

It’s a known issue.

Thanks for the report, a bug has been logged.

Looking at the screenshots, you’ve somehow managed to get negative numbers to show up, which may or may not be the cause of the crashes you’re getting. Did you submit any crash dumps? If so, what’s the PC username associated with it? This will be included in the log file that accompanies the submitted crash dump.

As for the issue, I can’t reproduce this, so yeah I’ll give this a try at the location specified. For me to do that, if you can provide the world and coordinates, I can go and check it out.

I do not know if this is a bug, but the sound in mountain is very loud and irritating, force me to turn off sound.

In my builds basement, and parts under a mountain it sounds like heavy train traffic under my feet.

I was going to comment on this too. The game often plays cave music when just in a house which has been built into a mountain, which is quite annoying. I don’t know whether it is really something to be fixed though…

2 Likes

Yes, I have submitted a crash dump recently, but I do not know if I am looking in the correct log file and where to find the PC username that is within it.

Though I did find this around the time that I had crashed inside said log file, which may be the cause of the crash. The crash log time seems to be 1 hour behind the time on my PC too.

I recorded me replicating this.

These are the coordinates which I had done this at.
Berlyn: -639N 2,166E (Altitude: 82)

EDIT: I would also like to note that I first discovered this not from rapidly clicking around the shop stand, but randomly seeing negative numbers and being stumped with a crash.

The crash only happens when I click the negative number, it does not happen when the negative numbers appear.

I believe there could be some correlation between the “Trying to add too much” message and the negative numbers. I am just assuming, but I believe that the game cannot give a character a negative amount, which would display “too much”.

1 Like

You are one of the many! Our voices shall produce volume unlike any other. Welcome Brother @Prome3us, to the sacred alliance of Volume.

1 Like

FYI- Never mentioned this because I ignore it. It’s minor so it may go unnoticed but when I have the grapple extended you hear the buzzing sound, if you open a menu then close it(usually the inventory) the buzzing sounds effect stops.

2 Likes

it’s been mentioned. i wish we could go back to the old times where you stop the sound by swapping weapons…
I know I know it’s not intended. but that sound… it’s way too high pitched, it doesn’t matter what volume it’s at I will turn it off even if that means muting the whole computer.

issue occurred again, here is a screen shot of me right now stuck in between two portals as if I reversed the exit on one.

I didnt however the portal is perfectly normal.

If you would like to check it out my coords are: -975N 1546E (alt 54) on vulpto. I happened when I was going too fast through the portal I guess. Will submit if I get an illegal protocol error again.

1 Like

This problem often occurs with high lag
If it can be solved it would be great

The next version the grappling sound has been reduced and a task to review it more fully for later.

Switching view does stop the audio effect at the moment due to a bug.

4 Likes

I believe something like this is being worked on, although it may be a while before you notice any changes in game.

You can find the log file in the location %LOCALAPPDATA%\Turbulenz\Boundless\log.txt. If you are using Windows, then you should be able to find your username within the Users folder. Otherwise, the log file should have the username near the very top.

Thanks for the video, it clearly shows the issue in action, so I’ll add this to the existing bug report.

Your coordinates didn’t stop outside the exact portal, but the situation you have here would apply to any portals built in front of walls, where it would suddenly flip and place you in this predicament. If you do get the illegal protocol message again, be sure to share a game log just after it occurs.

2 Likes

There is an issue with persistent text over a users head in game. The last two things you typed appear over your head until you log. It is actually a pretty funny bug. You can walk up on someone hours after they said something and read it out of context. Not sure if on tracker but I though I would mention it because I keep noticing it.

2 Likes

I notice that it appears when a player says something, but they are not in my field of view, (therefore I cannot see the text over the user’s head). I meet them hours later, even on a different planet, and they have that text above their head.

1 Like

To me it feels that Bombs wear out way to quick for the amount of productive use we get out of them. They cost almost double that of the bows. The efficiency is super low due to the misses. Add that to their cost and their wear rate, make them a rich mans toy. Like the Ford Raptor’s gas mileage.

Only a couple people even make them. Volatile blood is so rare even on full hunts hours long, you yield like 17 total blood.

Also it sucks that wear of all tools is on the swing and not the connection. This sucks because there is a lot of misses at times that shouldn’t count against our tools. I understand about weapons, it wears upon firing and not the contact of the bullet. But my tools shouldn’t wear out from the air and my arm.

2 Likes