Release 192 - Report issues here

I can’t reproduce that block beyond issue again so I guess it must’ve been lag of some kind or very specific.
__
I have noticed something odd tonight which is probably not but may be a bug duping items. Is it best/possible to PM a dev?

I am finding it impossible to open a new portal. I was attempting a 2x3 portal from andooweem to Vena V and can’t get it to open. I’ve tried going both ways, from either direction, swapped the portals to both face N-S as well as opposing one N-S one E-W. The process goes smoothly as it should while connecting, waiting for world to respond - but as soon as it should start loading and turn green it just stops. It is as if the “waiting for world data” step bombs out the process.

Anyone with similar experience / any fixes?

@lucadeltodecso I assume you also saw my post about the continuing problems with settlement definition.

Basically I had a house with plots (Xaldafax - location: 1020N, 1474E Berlyn). Then I added my 2 alt houses around it (Merlyn - location: 995N, 1452E & ShadowFax - location: 969N, 1465E). Finally I created a new beacon called Eden (location - 960N, 1440E) on the other side of the alts and built out the village of Eden. Before the path Reapall’s house (beside the Eden village beacon - location: 935N, 1420E) was not part of our settlement. After the recent patch, his is now part of the settlement and my original house is not.

That original house has plots on two sides that are part builds and natural land but only a little bit. But there is enough builds that it shouldn’t really be considered a “road” due to things not being far apart. Yet somehow I am now removed from main main settlement splitting my prestige across 2 beacons and settlements.

Can you or @vdragon check out the location and help explain why the settlements are NOT merging and staying connected like before.

So determined it was the bad lag I have on the Aus server worlds preventing me from opening portals… Got sorted out with @Raziels01’s help

But it … bitched… once while i tried too :thinking:… Maybe it was just coincidence that it worked for me and we are victim of the Halo Effect right now…

I just hope that this kind of thing will not happen again in the future.
It is said that some people got rare Gleam from lost item return this time.

It is not a big problem as copy some common items.
but if it is rare items, it will impact the market price.

Extra props acquired outside of the normal game process are not normal things anyway.

May your work go smoothly.

It was a mighty cuttletrunk and I was using a silver weapon. I’m topped in energy and used all and did no damaged at all it kept resisting. I did have time for a screen shot due to it was really insisting on killing me. :slight_smile:

My workbench stopped working. I am crafting Cobber slingbows and it stopped on 2min30sec. And now it will not go further!

Did it get worn out? If so, you need to repair it with a spanner

No fully repaired

1 Like

The tutorial is broken for me. Straight after stepping through the first warp gate, it just stops progressing and disappears after logging out. This is a huge blocker, as I can’t progress at all. Same happened with an alt. Saw a post further up about this, and this issue really needs to be fixed. It completely stops you from playing the game. I’ve no idea what to do now. No idea what to craft, where to go, how the game works. Nothing. First 1.8 hours of this game has been terrible lol. Please fix this asap, I want to play!

1 Like

I hope they fix it soon, please dont run away… theres a couple thousand hours of play time waiting for you!

1 Like

It looks awesome so far, I hope it gets fixed too!

Ah, okay cool. So will it soon be affecting “low” stamina too? As of right now it only happens at absolute 0. If there is 1 stamina it still stays attached.

1 Like

I think stronger cuttles always resist silver… I always had a better time with iron.

Also was it corrosive?
If it was corrosive, that’s definitely why. I may be mistaken about stronger cuttles, it could be just corrosive that fully resist silver.

Fix for this was to verify integrity of game cache. Something weird must have happened on dl or something. It works great now, thanks Luke!

2 Likes

Since Release 192, I am unable to start the game. Crashes at startup and I have to Force Quit the application. I run it on a Macbook Pro 2015 running High Sierra Version 10.13.4.

Let me know what other information I can provide that might be helpful.

Thanks, we’ll look for the associated crash dumps.

As I mentioned in my previous reply to other players, the character model changing issue is a confirmed bug.

Thanks for the coordinates. I had a look and while the current state of the Power Coils I saw didn’t exactly match the screenshots, there are issues where some of them do not appear to be working. I’m not sure whether it’s to do with chunk borders, but I’ve added this to the database anyway.

Thanks very much for the kind comments.

Oh, was it just the one player? Your previous post suggested that there were a few other players. And the sign had an explanation about the issue?

If I understand what you’re saying, you jumped onto something that’s not a regular block shape and then you were suddenly in a different location? If you can recall the exact location where this occurred (or at least the type of blocks you jumped onto), I can take a look.

Was this done with or without any of the Falling Armour skills?

I can see that you have posted a comment in that other forum topic I linked to and that another dev has responded in there. As for your intention to re-route the blocked IPs, I don’t know if that will make a difference, but you can always give it a try.

You can PM me about the issue you want to post.

If you get the issue again, please share a game log so that we can see if there’s any useful information.

I have provided an aerial shot for the locations you have given:

For reference, can you highlight which plotted areas belong to which characters? This will make it easier to determine whether settlements should be merging or not.

Presumably you also saw the following quote.

That should hopefully address your first point.

What does your Crafted Items output look like? Is it full?

Please share a game log after the crash occurs.

yet another crash.
I’ve been crashing every time i enter the game again lately, so this time i gave it lots of time to load before walking through. stepped through, everything seemed fine. stayed right where I stood after walking through, still fine, character is doing the idle stance and the world/settlement entry announcements are playing… done…
ok its safe. open inventory so I can focus on a different window (on a 2nd monitor) and continue reading the forum thread, but the moment I did the game crashed.

I’ll send the log files again, but I’m still unsure of which one is valid or if I should just send them all every time… there’s a log.txt, log.txt.1, log.txt.2 and a log.txt.3.
I’ll keep sending them all unless otherwise instructed. they’re tiny anyway.

Ah ok good to know :slight_smile: