Release 192 - Report issues here

Had this same issue, however I did not die. Coordinates do change though, but did not die. Did report ingame using report location option, but did not get a reply.

1 Like

I fall sometimes through the world… The most times randomly when I’m mining, or when I’m using the grapple.
Edit: Next falling through the world action at “Return to Sanctum” and going through a portal

Here is a gif (i hope it works)

@vdragon, for settlement boundaries is it 2 plots between the two settlements or 3? I have an area of Eden that is conflicting with another settlement beside it but we have a very clear 2 plot buffer between our areas yet some of my plots closets to his still show within his settlement.

You didn’t show it on your map but if you go toward the right you will find our signs and the issue. His area is a very colorful rainbow looking settlement.

For the last 5 hours I’ve been completely unable to play the game. My Internet speed is testing over 100mb/s and whenever I login to Boundless it either crashes or allows me to leave the sanctum, gives me an unplayable connection warning, then crashes. I’ve tried deleting the cache file as well as uninstalling/reinstalling the game.

Are there any known fixes for this issue?

Here is a crash log: https://ufile.io/njg3m

I’m not positive, however, I think I read that if there are two or fewer plots between a settlement then they will be in the same settlement. So, I believe you need three empty plots in between to keep them separate.

Is this since this update? I’ve been playing Boundless all day yesterday without any issues.

Are you playing on a world nearby your real life location? How is your ping latency?
You can use the Ping Test from here to check: Community project - Boundless Server Status & Ping Test

How many times did you experience the ‘jumpy’ behaviour? I haven’t experienced this myself.

There was a bug where placing an item into an empty slot on the left hand radial display after opening the inventory for the first time upon game boot would immediately placed it into the right hand,. This was the fix

@TPranara, After having a look at the issue where placing an item over an existing item on the left hand causes that item to be pushed over to the right hand radial display, we’ve identified the problem and should have a fix for this soon.

@willcrutchley, I’m not seeing the issue you’re describing. Is there any particular way the items are set up in your hands that may pinpoint the problem you’re having?

What does the layout of your smart stack of torches look like before and after you picked up the torch that you accidentally placed down? I’m trying to picture it.

I’ve poked @james and @lucadeltodecso for a reminder to reply to this.

Out of interest, what kind of major changes are you looking to make if you don’t mind me asking.

This area here near the top right shown below?

Were you encountering any kind of lag / latency issues at the time?

Would this only be noticeable when seeing another player do it, or would I be able to see it easily if I mined blocks myself?

That’s alright. It’s very nice soothing music.

Thanks for the video, it’s clearly a bug, so I’m not sure why you’re worried about being called a troll (as you said in the video) if you’re reporting on an issue that occurs. I’ll add it to the bug database even though I couldn’t reproduce it. From checking out the area, it seems that more blocks were mined compared to what was in the video.

The Report a Location is generally used reporting for inappropriate user-generated content rather than bugs. Can you roughly remember the location where you have experienced the issue?

It sounds quite similar to the issue reported by @Hashmalash from post #129. Do you remember the world and location where this occurred?

It’s a known issue. Was your Crafting Items output full at the time?

Can you provide coordinates for the location you’re crashing in? According to the crash log, it’s pointing to an issue with machines, so were you going to an area which had those?

3 Likes

Nope. Crafting table output was empty.

When it happens again, I’ll take a screenshot of how my hands are set up and let you know :slightly_smiling_face:

@NL-Tim It has happened all across the universe. It’s happened when traveling through the Portal Seekers hub. It’s happened when just exploring Berlyn. There doesn’t seem to be any kind of pattern to when the crashes occur.

Almost exactly, have screenshots available with coordinates screenshotted on them. It a set of sceenshot, before, and what happend when I step forwards to a lower step. Can send the screenshots to you if you like.

Anyways, the scenario was as following: just dig a down in a stair pattern, suddenly you would sink half into a block and after that you end up in some kind of void…

Result:

Finally figured out why shift+clicking sometimes works and sometimes doesn’t. Right shift+click does not, left shift+click does.

Maybe 3 or 4 times over the past few months. Other times it has happened I’ve been running around picking up loot. I think it has only happened during hunts though.

[quote=“vdragon, post:360, topic:13212, full:true”]

Were you encountering any kind of lag / latency issues at the time?

None at all. Everything was perfect other than the disappearing body.

It sounds quite similar to the issue reported by @Hashmalash from post #129. Do you remember the world and location where this occurred?

I was on Therka near my homes. I’ll get some approximate locations of where I was later. Off to go visit dentist now. Trust me, Boundless is more fun than dentists. :rofl:

Using the gold grapple I’m getting stuck inside the blocks that I pull towards quite a lot. I think this is also the cause of a lot of teleports to surface from caves. Here’s a location where it just happened:

@NL-Tim It has happened all across the universe. It’s happened when traveling through the Portal Seekers hub. It’s happened when just exploring Berlyn. There doesn’t seem to be any kind of pattern to when the crashes occur.

I was able to just RUN through the portal and make it through ANOTHER portal before the game crashed. Once I logged back in, I was back on Berlyn and now my game is fine…Super strange.

Another freeze (this time on unstable connection), game doesn’t respond to Alt+Printscreeen either this time:

EDIT: About 2GB of ram usage, even terminating it from task manager took long…

Thank you… yeah I just want it looked at ASAP. The changes I was looking to make was related to where plots were put and how Xaldafax, Merlyn, ShadowFax plot areas connect. I have a vacation coming up late this week and wanted to use that time to revamp some of the area. I don’t have much other time to play so this time is important to me.

If I make my changes I have a feeling it will affect how your code sees the settlement and then you will not be able to tell the real problem I am facing right now with how the plots somehow see things wrong. So I hope it can be looked like soon.

As for the other issue with the settlement beside me, below you will find the picture. Stuff on left is mine, stuff on right is theirs. We have 2 plots between us. If that is not enough space just let us know but I cannot find an official statement saying that there needs to be 3 plots between each settlement or if something else is happening with your code.

I was mining at depth of 1 to 50 alt on Andooween I got stuck on edge of block and got sent to the surface 4 times kind of annoying . :slight_smile:

1 Like

@vdragon come on - you know my warped sense of humor by now surely :stuck_out_tongue: just it rubs the wrong way sometimes so i was trying (and failing?) to be toung in cheek :stuck_out_tongue: but thank you :slight_smile:

and as for the other blocks - as i say the fix i found was to dig around the pitfall bug and that fixes it… however as you can see in the video… if you replace the other blocks and touch the pitfall block again you will fall through once more