Release 197: New Universe, New Worlds, and New Characters!

I think skill sets are meant for ppl just like you.

1 Like

Thats funny, I was going to say this to someone else that was complaining about something different but I didnt want to sound offensive.
I actually like having alts… I will be using both.

should the cuttlestrunks chase you across a planet and into another zone? I thought they gave up at a certain point. This was a tier 3 world if that makes a difference.

We need a knowledge base that actually is a knowledge base that shows you ALL items you can make without having to get all the skill and epics to actually see what we can make. This is not helping people learn how to craft.

5 Likes

Another great update!

Can’t proceed on “New World Order”. The order is to craft a warp augment using a compactor, but it’s on the workbench now and it doesnt trigger the quest.

Are hammer requirements gone? I accidentally mined some hard coal with my Iron hammer, I thought those were the same as gems

they are gone

OK so I an level 18 and go to Biitula. I bring copper and stone slingbows. I get to a cave and I am good. .mine for a while (and I level to 19) decide to go to the surface and look for gleam or other resources. The mobs seem abundant and I am trying to avoid them, but a couple of stout cuttles see me and that’s it. . I am dead. Ok I come back try to go again to look for some stuff and 4 stout spittters show up, I had eaten but I am dead before my health regens. . ok once again reborn go a different direction but the cuttles are sneaky and two of them find me. . Dead again. This time the thrill is regening at the top of a tree in the middle of a lake. .Ok at least I am safe, I swim to the closest shore. Darn it another cuttle, dead again… but at least it puts me back at the top of the same tree (sarcasm). I swim to the other shore, literally a five minute swim. .since the closer shore is swarming with various mobs. Oh no, I see cuttles. .swim some more. .spitters. .swim some more. .looks good no dots. .get out. . start to walk gotta get back to the hub. Oh no spitters again. . Ok this time I dig a hole in the ground and seal the hole after me. . ok 6 mobs out side even though only two saw me to start with. . I will sit it out. I started sitting in the hole at 2:00pm and now it is 2:12pm and there are 8 mobs waiting for me. . All I have done is sit. .no digging nothing. Is this really the game experience I am supposed to have?

This makes me consider quitting the game for a while

A bit of the vitality attribute goes a very long way to your survivability. Also life / shielding food + healing brews.

Agreed Heath is 1130 and Energy is 620. How high should it be? this level was not a problem on the EU tier 3 the mobs were not nearly as numerous or aggressive. Was there last night.

.do not have what I need skills or ingredients to make any type of shielding items. .

I don’t actively hunt but somebody who does should be able to advise you on stats needed to survive. You can also take along an iron/silver slingbow to kill them off quite quickly (assuming that you have power + general damage modifier epic).

Can’t get silver without going to that planet level to begin with so that was really not an option. With three stout cuttles I do not think I had a chance even with an iron slingbow. My damage with a copper slingbow is 414 versus 300 base. so I have damage modifiers. .

I realize you are trying to offer helpful advice. If my answers seem short or rude. I apologize. .I am almost frustrated enough to walk away from the game for a while right now due to what happened and obviously not due to your trying to be helpful. I also thought that you did not draw mobs anymore when you were not in line of sight. That was the cherry on top.

Not being funny, but can you dig your way out (down and around)? How many blocks down before they lose agro? Will they always be up there waiting? Curious as well… can mobs be outrun? I’ve read people say they can use grapples to get away easy, but can you outrun them without grapples?

Yes you can outrun monsters even without a grapple

I do not know if you can dig your way out. I did not try that and if someone know how deep you have to be that would be good information.

My experience is different. You can outrun wildstock or get on top of something and sometimes spitters but not cuttles. . you can hide but they do not give up. You end up having to fight them and with more than one that is difficult.

1 Like

Not sure why it dont work for you but I had today more then once that a cuttle attacked me, I ran away and after a minute or so I didnt see him on my radar anymore

Does your build include agility?

I do not understand either. . the only time running away has worked is if there is someone closer for them to go after. That is the same experience I had in EA also.

I have not taken the threat epic or the shadow epic skill. My agility is skill is 1 so I have improved my run speed by .6m/sec. edit (agility is 26)

In any case I have never seen the mobs that dense before. They were not that dense near the portal hub. .not sure why the area I was in was that bad. As soon as I was there I was almost guaranteed to die.

Since there’s a radar, I’d be interested to see if you’re able to dig down far enough to where you see them disperse on the radar. I’d use that trick on other games and I’m curious if it works in Boundless.

Man, PS4 launch can’t come soon enough!