Release 197: New Universe, New Worlds, and New Characters!

I’m lvl 16 on Biitula and I fear no stout cuttletrunks or spitter.

My skill set is dumped into axe mastery, power, and luck. A copper grapple hook and stone axe kills even stout cuttletrunks and spitters in seconds.

For cuttles, grab them and pull them in close- they can’t shoot you directly below them, and will often prioritize trying to escape rather than attack. Do not let them flee! Slaughter them without remorse.

Pull a spitter up against a tree or hill and cut them down from cover. Beware their rapid-fire attack as it will slay you in an instant, but when you have them in close they will die quickly.

8 Likes

Again good advice but you can only kill one at a time and I had three on me each time. I will not argue that I may have not handled the attacks as well as possible, I am actually more concerned about the number of mobs just waiting. . where no other players dots were even visible. I was the only person in the area and they were all over… Maybe this is where they meet up to discuss how to kill us? I have no clue

Never thought to grapple them. Interesting tactic

2 Likes

I’ve solo’d lvl 2 meteors using this same loadout. You just need to take advantage of cover and single out your targets one at a time.

Remember, so long as there are blocks inventory, you have all the cover you need.

6 Likes

ok but if they can’t see me should they not give up after a while… and not show up if they cannot see me to start with?

edit: I got this thread way off track. . back to the movie

3 Likes

Yeah that is supposed to happen I think… it seems if you are over an agro threshold they ignore LOS rules.

Since I need the resources and want an option not to buy them, how do I not agro the mobs? And I know it is not standing really still. .

A post was merged into an existing topic: Release 197 - Report issues here

I was down near the core of Lamblis this morning and saw a constant spawn of mobs on the surface. I don’t believe digging would have helped him, not to mention the fact that certain mobs spawn in caves these days.

Something like that has to be a bug, imo.

I don’t understand what’s wrong here. Can you explain?

Games typically should take all the GPU usage in order to maintain framerate.

I’m just not sure why is it eating my entire gpu. Do they normally just cook them into the earth to spread the load across the hardware? I honestly am not sure about this.

Most games I play always use 100% GPU. If anything, it’s a problem if it fluctuates below that. Games tend to be pretty demanding. That said, if it is causing overheating you may want to look into a software like MSI Afterburner to check on thermals and adjust your fan curves if needed.

Was thinking about getting a RTX 2080 soon and slamming it into my board and smacking an SLI with it to see what happens. LOL :stuck_out_tongue:

You definitely would want to look into thermal performance but tbh it’s almost always fine to leave things as they are unless your PC makes things noticeably warmer. Also, I’m unsure if RTX 2080 will be compatible with GTX 1080 Ti in SLI since they are a different architecture. Might want to look into that as well!

You are correct! But that’s why I’m doing it anyway. :slight_smile: For science! Turing + Pascal!

Nice. I wish I could afford an upgrade but I’m firmly “team red” so it’ll be a while until I can get that level of performance.

I’ve dug to the mantle and still had aggro before. I even had been mining along about 80 blocks down, and gained aggro from fresh mobs on the surface.

How Do I know they were on the surface? I dug straight up until I popped out of a mountain top to see them there. Suggesting I was way deeper than 80 blocks down.

3 Likes

I will agree . . the only solution seems to be to go to sanctum and wait them out or log out of the game and play something else for a while and hopefully they will be gone when you return.

Like I said, even from the outside looking in, that definitely sounds like a bug. Simply from a gameplay perspective… seems like it would cause issues for surface operations.

@james @lucadeltodecso are mobs supposed to be aggressive on the surface if you’re way under the surface digging? Shouldn’t you be able to get away from mobs if you’re way underneath them?