Release 197 - Report issues here

Nice one, that’s what i needed, seems a bit hidden though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Agree, should be in the friends section

Yesterday I build 2 warp conduits on the floor and stood on 1. After some moves and jumps I bugged into the stone, so i couldn’t move. So I crushed it with a hammer and just died.

@Zina As stated earlier, this is not about an objective but about the information about the settlements tab in places and the actual implementation, either the tip in knowledge is wrong or the settlements tab is broken. No beacons owned by me or objectives involved.

I’ve been getting a decent number of crashes when I walk through a portal. It seems to load the view through the portal just fine, but when I touch the portal to go through it it crashes now and then. I’ve sent in half a dozen crash reports I think with this crash (using the dialog after next startup).

The crashes happen more later in the day (peak hours) and less earlier in the day. Not sure if it’s related to my internet stability or server load, but there’s definitely a correlation between the time of day and crash frequency (I’ve been doing nothing but going through portals maintaining the PS network all day since release lol)

My windows user name is “TV User”. I’m not sure if there’s any other information I can provide, let me know.

I had a number of similar crashes yesterday.

In addition to the issue about the Atmospheric Protection message overload on entering worlds, the following bugs have been added (or have already been added) to the bug database.

• French and German text missing from the Create Character GUI menu
  • Players can see themselves on other planets in the sky
  • Characters’ non-existent bottoms on display when sitting down
  • Not all Steam friends are added in game
  • ‘Building a Crafting Furnace’ Objective does not register Stones created in Crafting Table
  • Crash occurs when choosing to exit Open Settings
  • Game says that Tint Kit can be activated in the inventory screen, but it’s not there
  • Crafting a Beacon Control with the Crafting Table before the objective ‘A Base for the Long Haul’ does not autocomplete the associated objective
  • Regions not displayed correctly on Altases
  • Crash occurs when applying skill changes on a different tab
  • Volume Crafting Epic skill description says it unlocks Bulk crafting, but it’s already available
  • Task ‘Assign Permissions to a Beacon Member’ not working
  • Cannot find certain resources on worlds
  • No eating animation for Edible Lamella
  • Cannot complete task ‘Craft a Warp Augment using a Compactor’ as only the Workbench can craft it at present
  • Task ‘Use the Beacon Control to assign a Beacon Permission to a friend’ not working
  • Objective ‘Settle in to a Settlement’ possibly not working
  • Attributes Bonus and Luck Bonus skills not working
  • ‘To Mine, Ore Not To Mine’ Feats are not tracking correctly
  • Cannot use E key to learn tip during defeated state
  • A region is displayed as {EMPTY} Blockerin
  • Dormant meteorites crates may not have any items
  • Rosetta Nox does not count towards any of the Botanist Feats
  • Task ‘Collect Raw Starberries (0/5)’ doesn’t take all Starberry types into account
  • Slingbow Augments all have the same Action and Projectile Speed
  • Attempting to split a stack with the item details showing will temporarily closed it instead
  • Settlements tab possibly not tracking settlements correctly
  • Fall damage seemingly random when making contact with ceilings and walls
  • Text error on Knowledge tip

We’re still checking the rest of the bugs on this forum topic, so we haven’t forgotten about those.

Edit: @Simoyd and @Xardo are those portals going to any of those worlds with the Atmospheric Protection text constantly appearing on screen?

1 Like

I’m certain I’ve crashed on T4+ worlds a bunch (so yes). I’m not sure if I’ve seen it on lower or not. I’ll let you know if I see it happen on a non-atmos-damage world in the future.

Not sure if this has been reported yet, but if you have atmosphere protection 5 for a planet you are on, and then start drowning, you will die from the atmosphere. I’m guessing this is because the breath meter is shared between both holding your breath underwater and breathing the air from the atmosphere?

I feel like these need to be separated from each other.

1 Like

Another issue I just remembered:

There seems to be some flickering that happens SOMETIME during sunrise/sunset. It seems to happen more when beacon view is enabled. The plot overlay flickers and it appears like the specular (reflective) map of all blocks flicker (it’s more visible on refined meta and machines for example).

My theory: I’ve noticed that when dusk “starts” the lighting changes. It kind of pops to a different lighting model or something. It’s very subtle but it’s there. I’m thinking that if I enable plot view, maybe the plots are being detected as opaque and it causes some situation where the lighting model switches back and forth between two states really quickly (every other frame).

Not sure if there’s any more information I can provide. I’ve heard several other people express they’ve seen the same thing so I dunno if it’s hardware or what. I have an Nvidia 970 iirc and an asus rampage somethin mobo.

not sure if there’s any more info I can provide.

1 Like

Oh yeah! I’ve experienced the same - it’s very obvious with ice and mud as well (saw it frequently during sunrise/sunset on the L4, L5 worlds). Nvidia card too (Titan Xp)

2 Likes

Edit: @Simoyd and @Xardo are those portals going to any of those worlds with the Atmospheric Protection text constantly appearing on screen?

Yes, both from and to those worlds.

@iGoofy This almost happened to me yesterday. I was underwater and my breath meter was about 50% and it took a very long time (1-2hrs) for it to finally recover due to the Atmosphere.

New World Order, the core quest is impossible to complete because the compactor doesn’t have the warp augment recipe anymore, and even if you craft it in the workbench it doesn’t register. Also the screenshot is shown with max tech crafting, so it is not a hidden recipe due to level.

2 Likes

Flickering lights too on the side of blocks at sunset/sunrise. I’ve seen it mostly on the rugged metal planet. Definitely very noticeable on ice.

Pinned objectives don’t show, some times restating the game fixes it but not always.

In exchange extras tint kit description has a typo of sying how many skill resets you have insted of tint kits.

and other players on your world too, unless there has been a patch fixing that since day 1
sorta seems like every player is visible on every world.

So, i went to Besevrona for a mining expedition, and after beating my hammer against rocks for an hour i remembered i had some copper bombs back at home so, a warp, a couple deaths, and portal jumps later i was back in my hole with some bombs. I respecd my character gave him an extra corrosion skill and set to it. Im only level 18 at this point so granted it takes a lot of bombs… What bothered me was that the sand was staying behind, when it used to be gone first and typically has less “hp” than rock and other materials. So, i started experimenting.

in the first picture i smacked that iron seam with my hammer just to see how much damage i did.
The second and third are at the same number of bombs, after that it gets weird. When a regular block goes from blue to green it “seems” to take less damage from the bombs campared to the iron seam(and other materials[coal, fossils etc]). So, i was destroying the materials i was mining for before i could even see them! Whats the deal?! That +60xp is really what tipped me off to what was happening.

1 Like

Dunno if this has been mentioned here yet, but when selling items the prompt shows the previous transactions amount.

1 Like